CPU overclocking software?

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by getsuga12, Dec 23, 2008.

1. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    I do understand that overclocking the CPU through the BIOS is the best way, but it's certainly not the best way when the only thing you can modify is the bus speed.

I've tried searching around the internet, but I've only come across utilities that are for specific brands and some that are only limited to windows XP. You guys know any overclocking software i could use?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  2. d1fferent

d1fferent Maha Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Why not just upgrade your motherboard?

3. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    i just bought this motherboard recently lol, i was under a tight budget. I don't foresee myself upgrading in a long while, and i've heard stories about ECS motherboards being bad with overclocking. Damn.

But anyway, still looking for a cpu overclocking software. I'm not too pleased with my current overclocks.

4. Doomster1961

Doomster1961 Guest

CPU Overclocking software

Funny, you are not happy with a 2 Ghz cpu overclocking to 3.7 Ghz. According to your sideline specs., I would say that's a pretty good oc. You should register with CPU-z and showoff those specs., nice. Check out mine, just overclocked only 10%., presently with the oc , the cpu's temp is only 37'Cel at idle, and only an overclockers Jet7 air fan.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2008

5. apintojr

apintojr Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    OC software is really not the best or safest way to overclock.

6. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    yes, or so i've been hearing. Yet if you were to tell me to just stick with only upping the bus speed, it's really not giving me the performance that i expected it to (in comparison to those with the same processor). Checking CPU-Z also shows that only the bus speed was touched, while everything else was just left at stock. I want to do more dammit

7. Solinari

Solinari Guest

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr
    I heard that Clock Gen can overclock on the fly, but the link just says "ClockGen will be back soon.", perhaps you can find an earlier release of it, i have no idea.

I was going to suggest NVIDIA nTune or the new NVIDIA System Tools but then i released that is only for nForce chipsets, you have an Intel chipset, right?

8. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    i think i have clockgen in my programs folder shoot me your email if you want me to send it to you EDIT i do have it!

9. Knox

Knox Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil RX580 8GB
    What model/revision of ECS 945P do you have? There's like 4 of 5 of them.

10. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    COOL! my e-mail is in the msn icon right under my profile, thanks man

11. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    oops it's not a 945P chipset, it's a P35 chipset

12. gampamu

gampamu Guest

GPU:
    MSI 8800GTS 320
    No, you have a G31 chipset board, not a P35. BTW, can we see a screenie of your 3.7 clock?

13. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    [​IMG]

here's a screen, though from what i see from CPU-Z, it appears to be reading the core speed differently.

And yea, it's a G31 chipset, I was looking at the CPU-Z info which stated P35/G33/G31 chipset lol

14. tamzid

tamzid Master Guru

GPU:
    His iceq4 turbo 4850 512
    u have oc'd your processor from 2.0 > 3.7 ghz what more do you want?????? jeeshhhh :S

15. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    email sent it is clean but scan for virus anyways

16. heliman41

heliman41 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 260OC -640/1300/1100
    Ill bet if you try running a hard visually pushed game like Unreal Tournamewnt that 3.70 OC will come crashing down BIG TIME. Befoer you cry I want more run a gaming test first. I had my 2.2 OCed to only 2.4 and it was rock stable till in windows apps ........until I tried to run Unreal Turnament it crashed big time after about 5 min....windows enviorment alone is no test for a good OC.

17. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    the g31 chipset can't overclock in general also a e2xxx series can't hit 3.7ghz thats a fact unless your underwater cooling (or an idoit that thinks 80c load temps are fine) but your chipset can't get anywhere near the 1700+ bus speed needed to get there in the first place.

18. Steven-1979

Steven-1979 Member

GPU:
    260 GTX @ 756/1512/1296
    If those stats for your cpu overclock as well as your gpu overclock are correct, my hats off to you! I'm really freaking impressed ... especially if it's on an ECS mobo! I wrote a thread recently how to voltmod/pinmod for an E2200 on an ECS mobo if you're interested ... but if you're at 3.7ghz on air with an E2180, I really don't have anything I could offer: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=587362

What kind of stability tests do you run?

19. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Folks he's running at 2.5. Look at the bus speed multiplier and vid. The 3.7 claim is hogwash. This is what I run day in and day out. BTW the core voltage via CPU-Z is 1.320. Bios is 1.335.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2008
  20. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    yes hogwash indeed.