Geforce 180.84 Beta Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Digibetus, Dec 5, 2008.

1. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    Yeah there were many good games this year. I don't agree that PC games are an afterthought. It's PC hardware manufacturing where all the development and innovation happens. PCs are the driving force for software, most of the games for consoles use PCs during development and many are originally designed for PC.

BTW, 180.84 drivers are still running fine on XP 32bit and have good image quality. I may try the 181.00 drivers to see if they have even better IQ.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  2. g60force

g60force Guest

GPU:
    NV 1660Ti + 5850
    Exactly... Eventhough I finished single player as soon as a real good patch for the multiplayer and award is released I will reOrder my COPY.. I ordered the game before, but brought it back after the fist couple off days agony..

That's when the off-the-shelf-version s*cked.,. So I got my money back, but eventually will definetly buy this game... because I would like to see MOD's just like Vice City... extra + custom cars etc. So i know it got much to offer only it's a mess at the moment for most people and because if my poor physical conditoin I had lots of time reading forum etc. but I can imagine that not all people have so much time... THE PAY AND WANT TO PLAY!!

and to make it even better... the Prince Of Persia 2008 without DRM is running like a charm... so eventhough I downloaded it, I'm going to pick that one up in the store tommorow... just because the game run perfect / optimized, like it supposed to :banana:

I nearly completed that single player as well, but only took about 6to8hrs while GTA4 took allmost 30hrs and i'm going to replay the game for a alternative ending, but will wait until the next patch... so in the meantime, ill buy POP2008 to let the creator/dev's know they did a great job :nerd:

Just to make clear that I'm NOT that bad person :stewpid:

BUT LETS BE HAPPY NOW>>> AND ENJOY THE WEEKEND.. bye

3. vento

vento Member

This driver runs with xp x64 on my system, though it didn't do it with xp x86. :3eyes:

4. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080

I Also do not have any memory leaks in GTA IV, No problem at all.

I don't no why people have some many problems with GTA 4.

5. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080

How can it be that some people have temp problems after installing a new
    Geforce driver, i never have that problem never.

6. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080

I think the problem is that you are OC your Geforce GTX 280.
    Try to put him back to the clock speed it was.

A normal Geforce GTX 280 runs on 602, 1296, 1053.

7. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080

Are you also OC your Geforce 8800GT?

If so try to put him on the default settings and try then to play games.

8. extract

extract New Member

GPU:
    Asus Geforce 7600GT 256mb
    the same here :)

9. allup

allup Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X SLi 2070 Super
    Well i sure do have some leaks < Just from skimming posts not reading them,<In windows 7 i am 64 bit so it runs 54 % mem use, with 8 gigs @ 866 FSB installed and does not crash as much..but here is a benchmark in 32 bit Vista on these drivers 181.00, now keep in mind i am second in the world "According to HWbot" on multiple cards in 3d Mark Vantage 32 bit Vista ok?"
    Now look at this.

Statistics
    Average FPS: 43.49
    Duration: 37.25 sec
    CPU Usage: 79%
    System memory usage: 94%<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<WOW<<< Same 4 Sticks>>>
    Video memory usage: 98%<<<<<Now this is in SLi even if not, this played on Playstation???

Graphics Settings
    Video Mode: 1768 x 992 (60 Hz)
    Texture Quality: Medium
    Render Quality: Highest
    View Distance: 42
    Detail Distance: 65

Hardware
    Microsoft® Windows Vista" Ultimate
    Service Pack 2, v.113
    Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
    Video Driver version: 181.00
    Audio Adapter: Speakers (Creative SB X-Fi)
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

File ID: benchmark.cli
    These arre the highest settings it will let me play at. So there is bugs my friends

10. vento

vento Member

You know that the GTA4 stats are crap? look at rt? :3eyes:

11. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    not to mention that the framerate in the benchmark is nothing similar to the real framerate in single player.

12. allup

allup Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X SLi 2070 Super
    The frame-rate in single player locks on around 60 FPS as far as i can tell, kinda like nova did with JO. They figure 60 FPS is good enough for anyone and that no one will need or want more then that:bugeye:

13. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    vysnc is on by default. you can turn it off with the -novblank command or force it in the control panel.

what i meant is the though, that even though i can get up to 47fps in the benchmark, i get 25-30 in the actual game. the game itself is much more intensive.

14. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    for some reason with this set of drivers installed whenever i enter desktop it will just freeze >< had to uninstall it in safe mode

winxp sp3 here...

15. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Yeah, these and 181.00 give bsod on xp sp3

16. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    lucky for me 181.00 works fine...just so strange the 180.84's would just freeze - no bsod but just freeze as i enter desktop

don't really notice improvement in GTA4 tho...enjoying the game if only the performance was better

17. Mr. headbone

Mr. headbone New Member

GPU:
    7800 GS 256
    Driver 180.84 Beta 3

Yeah , I had a terrible time with this set of drivers as well. Installation went fine/smooth; BUT; when I went into Control Panel to check if driver is working properly, Windows XP SP3 logged me off and my system rebooted twice. I thought I would give these drivers a try after purchasing FarCry 2. I had to go to Safe Mode & uninstall 180.84 and go back down to 178.24. I guess that's the reason why these drivers are Beta.:eek3:

18. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    Strange that they worked in XP SP2 (although not perfectly at first) but not SP3. I wonder what changed between service packs?

It could be a problem with the drivers initial settings the first time they run, fan control or some other bug. I did notice that when I first installed 180.84, it seemed the fan on my graphics card did not run fast enough the first time I launched a game (Far Cry 2). The graphics in Far Cry 2 were corrupted as if the card was overheating. I enabled low-level fan control in RivaTuner, set the fan to 100% duty cycle, and the next time I launched Far Cry 2 it worked fine. However, after starting RivaTuner a second time and disabling low-level fan control altogether, the next time I launched Far Cry 2 the graphics card operated normally. The drivers have continued to operate normally ever since with better than average image quality. This set does seem to run a little hot the first time they are installed, at least on my system anyway. Time to try the next set I suppose as I hear they have even better IQ.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  19. Raventon

Raventon New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 9800GTX 512mb
    I tried the 180.84 beta drivers yesterday and it caused hell on my PC. I made a system restore before installing the drivers (and afaik windows automatically creates a restore point before installing graphics drivers). Anyway, after rebooting the system locks up/freezes as soon as nvidia control center seems to start running.

Well, I'll just have to do a system restore to get the old drivers back. Boot to safe mode, and then all my system restore points are gone! In safemode I attempted to install older drivers (like version 175 or something), and then the system did not lock up anymore after booting into normal mode. However, it also disabled all the start up processes that required windows to run properly in services.msc.

Eventually I enabled everything again and had to re-install the old drivers in normal mode before I got my pc back to the way it was. There are some serious flaws in the current beta drivers though. Staying away for now.

edit: It may be that sp3 has something to do with drivers not working correctly. I had recently updated to sp3 to play GTAIV and I've not had lock ups on start up with sp2 after updating drivers :S

20. studabakahawk

studabakahawk Guest

GPU:
    2-SOC GTX 460 768 MB SLI
    windows XP pro 32 bit SP3 here, never had any issues with this driver nada,nothing. works flawlwssly i might just keep it forever!
    Wait this is Guru3d who am i kidding, as they come out ill read the reviews and decide if i should grab new one but so far nothing really inspires me to try new one just yet. look at all the D\l's for this driver they are running at double the # for any other driver listed.
    currently at 51000 and counting. this is solid driver folks. as i 2 8800 gt in sli mode and not latest most expensive GPU ill just wait for something really striking to catch my eye till then im here and i like it