NEW Prince of Persia

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by isidore, Apr 29, 2008.

1. eRa`

eRa` Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 570
    I've read this game suffers from the Ubisoft sickness (repetitive like Far Cry 2 and Assasins Creed). Is there any truth to it?

Because I like the looks of it and may even buy it.

2. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Steam still don't have this out for Europeans!! WTF!!

3. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    This thread is hurting me, I will never click on it again.

I will weep in silence.

4. jed_tb

jed_tb Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5870
    yeh its repetitive - it basically:

1)run through dark area fight boss
    2) make world happy
    3) collect as many lights as you can in that area
    4) return to hub
    5) go to another dark world, fight boss
    6)collect lights
    7) return to hub
    8) ocassionally get a power up to jump on bouncing circles and do some crap flying.

i miss the old POP, i want time reversal back - the fact that you cant die is lame theres no scope for experimenting either, as long as you can press 4 buttons in certain orders this game is a breeze - its basically see ring press B, see pillar press A, even the fights are pretty boring consisting of nothing more then press B (claw) press A (jump), press Y twice (spells), press X (sword) x repeat till boss is dead.

its basically Guitar Hero in a different setting with a bit of wiggling of the direction button occassional (heck it even turns you around when you jump on a piller - lame)

IGN got this spot on apart from the score(where they basically said it plays itself - which it does, and if you dont think that your obviously blind) , this games about an 7-8.

anyone else notice as well that this game prevents you from jumping in a diagonal direction unless it wants you to! (case in point the garden leavel with the fountains) iv just completed TR underworld before playing this and i have to say that underworld is a much better game then this. at least underworld sticks to what it knows best instead of trying to be a pretentious affair with bugger all content or connection with the game world.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008

5. MadGizmo

MadGizmo Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 290X 8GB 2560*1440
    I can't remember that I have been there yet. Sorry.

Some light seeds seem impossible to get. For some you need a specific power.

For an example, there were 5 of them that were on some impossible locations (like floating in the air) and after using the yellow power it collected those 5 automagically by flying to them.

6. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    @anthonyda:
    haha indeed, manage to unlock altair after googling, as well as the prince and farah from sands of time
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    LOL
    that's nice!
    I got the game. I'll be installing it and playing it later tonight. can't wait! :D

8. StreeTunder

StreeTunder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 1024Mb
    Just got this game!

Im loving it! I played all 3 popĀ“s, but i only finished and liked the sands of time, the others were boring imo....didnt finish two trones and the other one.

This one, im loving it, same as the sands of time, wich is a good thing.

Nice gameplay, graphics,story, and sound :)

9. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    I spent a couple hours playing it last night and I think it's really a good game. very fun to play and quite addictive. and.. the graphics! OH MAN, gotta love the sweet graphics! I've played and finished Sands of Time and Two Thrones, and the gameplay in this one reminded me a little of Donkey Kong Country, I don't know why.

Anyone who can buy this game, should do it. it's really worthed.

10. MadGizmo

MadGizmo Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 290X 8GB 2560*1440
    I've just finished the game.

The interactive end of the game is well done. Let's hope we don't have to wait long for part II.

I loved the atmosphere in this game. The machinery was fantastic. Some of the scenery was beautiful. Lots of nice details. Good animations, although the gestures in-game often seemed a bit off. Good voice acting for the Prince and Elika. The graphics and the music were great.

The story wasn't that great, but for a platform-kind-of-game it was packaged very well. The game content was very systematic (finish everything on your map and you're done). That doesn't leave many openings for a creative story along the way.

During the fights I often had the impression I was fighting a random number generator and I sometimes killed the opponent by pure luck rather than skill.

Still, I had a very good time playing the game and I am looking forward to the sequel.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008

11. tamzid

tamzid Master Guru

GPU:
    His iceq4 turbo 4850 512
    well can't make everyone happy i guess.. personally when i play games i like to have fun (xcept for games like deadspace whereas i like to have fun and heartattacks too!!) and with pop u would like to get100% fun rather being puzzled and getting headaches or struggling soo much that you would say that's enough for one day .... the light seeds part is kinda boring as you need more n more but overall this is the best game to date i have ever played and i am totally addicted to it ......... well done ubisoft ..

12. jed_tb

jed_tb Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5870
    you obviously dont play many games lmao :banana:

13. tamzid

tamzid Master Guru

GPU:
    His iceq4 turbo 4850 512
    i buy alot of them but i never can continue and finish any ... but this one is keeping me well interested... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

14. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Bought that game a couple of days after it got released.
    Have to say i really enjoyed the game, couldn't let it till i finished it.
    The battle could have been a tad better, but still it was fun. Its obvious that they were trying more for level exploration and they did it good i think.
    The only other PoP game i was arsed enough to finish was the sands of time which i think is a bit better than this one.
    Lets hope they won't mess up the second one in the second trilogy

15. StreeTunder

StreeTunder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 1024Mb
    Finished this game yesterday, what a great game.

Beautiful landscapes with unique graphics, great dialogues, and nice gameplay.

Loved the end, and i cant freakin wait for the 2nd one! good job ubisoft!

16. Eric1987

Eric1987 Banned

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    I didnt like the end

SPOILERRSS

Can you save Elika?

SPOILER ENDDDDD

17. Mark

Mark Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870
    No, now remove the spoiler

18. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    damn it, don't post spoilers! you've probably ruined the surprise for me! I can't say I'm happy with that.

and for the record, that big *SPOILERS* warning you wrote, don't work at all if the surprise is right below it.

19. StreeTunder

StreeTunder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 1024Mb
    MASSIVE SPOILER WARNING ABOUT THE END

-> You save elika in the end..... destroy the threes, save elika, game finishes....

MASSIVE SPOILER WARNING ABOUT THE END

20. plato

plato Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4870 512 MB
    Well, it was a great game..

Still do you think things will be different in the end if I collected all the light seeds?

I was bored after couldn't find a few light seeds and dropped collecting all of them still I had about 850 light seeds... Well, I didn't search much through city of light and the tower..

The thing is if you could see light seed you could eventually find a way to get that light seed (of course if you have all 4 powers) but if you can't then it sucks..

I would like to see beta costumes.. Bleh.. Whatever..