[MediaFire] - ATI Catalyst 8.12 beta (8.561 RC3) XP/VISTA 32/64-bit

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by tranngocminh, Dec 4, 2008.

1. PaulvH

PaulvH Member Guru

GPU:
    2x XFX HD5870 H²O-EK CF
    Yes that used to bother me too ... Especially when starting up the PC I thought an Harrier Jet was taking off besides me. That's why I decided to spend 200 euros more and got myself a water cooling kit Plus an EK Full cover GPU block. Now the card runs in silence even at load, and never gets warmer than 48° C under load

Thanks, I will test this later. Never heard of this tool before, but I'm very interested to try it out.

2. Bhairava

Bhairava Guest

GPU:
    2x 5850
  3. masterchan777

masterchan777 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 OC
    They are the same 8.561 RC3 released earlier , wait for the final release if you have downloaded those earlier

4. fungus303

fungus303 Active Member

GPU:
    XFX HD5770 @ 1000/1415
    FINAL will arrive tomorrow, wednsday <-spell :p

Rockstar patch, maybe 2010 or something like that..... :wanker:

5. mwpeck

mwpeck Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    You should have heard the older Macs......a motercycle was going down the road next to our house once and my father and I both thought it was his Mac. :D

6. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Sod it! Going to give these a go!

Installed, no issues! I just installed straight over the top of the previous drivers! First time ever that I've tried that.

Going to try some games!:thumbup:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    the video I used was very small (around 2mb) and only intended to show whether or not the GPU was doing any of the conversion workload. the conversion time was roughly 2sec though. Just large enough to show that the workload was being offloaded to the GPU from the CPU.

8. pip99

pip99 New Member

GPU:
    many and lots
    your wrong, these beta drivers do not run stream on the GPUs, i have the HD 3650 and the X1550 that AMD/ATI said would get GPU assisted transcoding, they didnt include this REAL GPU hardware assisted Encoding as yet, it all CPU bound.

take a look at the really old original freeware stand alone AVIVO (thats been hacked to remove the check so as to run no matter what GPU you have,so you can try it and see if its werth buying the AMD/ATI HD4xxx when and if we get REAL "HAT" Hardware Assisted Transcoding later, and even the AMD/ATI software only version is faster than NV right now OC) and see that the speeds of that are slightly better than the internal .12 beta driverset we are all trying.

thats NOT to take away anything from the AVIVO CPU encoding speed, its way faster for "quick and dirty" than anything else for converting your content to Mp4 for the cheap and cheaful Xbox360 video streaming your getting this cristmas, but the facts are its using only CPU power and some "cunning plan" to get people used to AVIVO Encoding....

using the old 2005 stand alone AVIVO i converted an .MKV 90 min to an AVC/H.264 MP4 container in 25 minutes for instance.

http://files.filefront.com/ATIAvivoVideoConverter2zip/;12557121;/fileinfo.html
    dont take my word for it ,if you have an intel dual/quad, try the old 2005 stand alone AVIVO for your self, its faster than the latest driver set AVIVO, and good for "quick and dirty" transcoding, shame they didnt give you an xbox360/PS3 high profile 4.1 ,10Mbit streaming transcode option in the GUI to use, thats a "must have" option in any transcoder today.

and finally to stop this " i used SOME small video ..." without giving a link to the original content you might want some real CC HD content

so from now on if you want some HD content to play and give results for publicly then Big Bunny

http://www.bigbuckbunny.org/index.php/download/

and Elephants Dream
    http://orange.blender.org/download
    are good/best quality original CC content ,but their cartoon rendering so not so good for live action shot at 1920 × 1080 or above...

always give a direct url to the content and the pages above so people can pass it on and we might get somewere with comparing these transcodes etc.

if you have some CC fast motion realHD content at 5 minutes then that too might be a good thing to point to OC.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008