[MediaFire] - ATI Catalyst 8.12 beta (8.561 RC3) XP/VISTA 32/64-bit

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by tranngocminh, Dec 4, 2008.

1. fungus303

fungus303 Active Member

GPU:
    XFX HD5770 @ 1000/1415
    Thanks master guru :D :banana:

2. !H'Guru

!H'Guru Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Concerned

I am a but worried now about those performance these new 8.12 drivers would give us. I have just finished reading this thread.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=2939664#post2939664

If this is true, that could mean that the only way the 48xx series are going to compete with the Nvidia cards, is a price drop, and that there is no performance/ a little increase with those "performance drivers".

Just speculating, but who knows. Anyone else sharing this concern?

3. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    No I'm not. Price/Perfroamnce wise ATi is way ahead of nVidia. And now with the dual GT200 card comming from nVidia just to take the performance crown lol. Ati could slap 3x R700 cores on the PCB for the same ammount of money..

4. fungus303

fungus303 Active Member

GPU:
    XFX HD5770 @ 1000/1415
    BUT! Nvidia will still win with nvidia games, who got cuda and psyhx or what the hell the name is :wanker:

5. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Unfortunately not, those in the BETA program have the 57's (which im not part of). :(

Still its only 2 days to the officials. :)

6. !H'Guru

!H'Guru Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Let's hope you are right KillerSnake. And indeed, Nvidia will still win in Nvidia titles like Crysis and warhead. And about cuda? I think it is a marketing trick for everyday consumers. It has potential, but I can't think of a reason casual gamers will use cuda for rendering or transcoding (on badaboom which isn't free). Well, maybe the physics. The same goes for ati-stream. Which doesn't work yet on my installation of these betas. If Ati can get physics going, well, with 1+ TFlops in your pc, that could be fun :).

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    These beta drivers seem to working well on my system, although I can't say I've noticed any improvements in the games themselves as far as framerates or image quality goes. I've certainly not encountered any issues so far.

They have fixed the bug I had with the skins not being "remembered" in Windows XP SP3 though, with the 8.10 and 8.11 drivers it reset every time I rebooted my PC . Not that it was a big deal or anything but it's nice to have something working as it should.

8. IM0001

IM0001 Guest

GPU:
    PNY 780 GTX
    good

So far so Good, They feel like the 8.11's which were quite good IMO.. I haven't had anything to test the Stream part with yet. I noticed someone mention there was a Crossfire Logo for the X2 by itself. Where would I activate that?

Otherwise Far Cry 2 runs great as do all the games I have played so far that can use Crossfire. The 8.11's and these both fixed the horible popin when in the elven forest on Overlord so thats good. :)

9. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    These seem to just install the catalyst and the avivo, and not the drivers so it seems your all using drivers from previous installs not the .12 hence why some of you cant get them to work

10. oMek

oMek Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 @ 1100/1600
    it installed the driver for me, but no avivo [​IMG]

11. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Hmmm when i unistall it doesnt even state the driver, anyway only just over 1day left so hopefully we shall get a working package

12. randomizer

randomizer Guest

GPU:
    5600 xt Gaming OC
    GO to basic mode:) you will find it there.

13. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    ATi developed their own nVidia BOUGHT IT like EVERYTHING ELSE they brought out till date. If 3DFX didn't have financial problems we would have much better products than the OVERPIRZED nVidia is doing now. Hell they can't even do a stable driver release each month, instead they use every user that owns a nVidia card as beta tester by releasing 47423074897 Beta's a year. Get your facts straight. Havok PhysX is also bought by Intel. AMD is the only one coming with their own. CUDA? lol Who was first with that stuff? ATI !!!!

Yeah let´s hope as it wouldn´t be good if you pay so much money to get game developers to work in all the Shader/Geometry and what else "legal" cheats into a game and then still lose it. CUDA/STREAM are not made for the gamer/casual gamer but like you say for big Corp's that need loads and loads of realtime rendering/coding/decoding. It's a good thing it's here finally but i doubt if we as normal consumers will ever benefit from it.

14. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster
    yeah they finally gave us x2 owners the logo........ right click tray icon go to primary adapter(usually top one) go to the new crossfirex settings tab. for us x2 owners the only option here is the logo

noticable improvement in crysis and warhead, farcry2 and slight improvement in cod5
    great job ati

15. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    The Best Driver From ATI so far

I try them with Stalker Clear Sky and from 16fps to clear sky camp now 20fps all settings full 2xaa 8xaf.

Far cry 2 no more micro stuttering while driving around and they seam to fix the performance slow downs and stuttering i had near rivers.

Fallout 3 no more stuttering while loading new areas and feel more smooth. I am impressed nice driver. I am getting 8033 3dmarks in Vantage.

16. PaulvH

PaulvH Member Guru

GPU:
    2x XFX HD5870 H²O-EK CF
    I'm very pleased with this driver.
    For the first time I am able to run FC2 for more than 10 minutes without crashing. Al my games seem to work now. With the Crossfire logo you can see directly which game is recognised by the driver to work 'optimal' (I Only use that logo at first run ...).
    No more crashes with Mediaplayer/PowerDVD/etcetera.
    Haven't seen any BSOD yet.
    FINALLY I am enjoying the X2 to the full, since I bought it 3 months ago.

17. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    I had the crashes also, but i was able to fix them by editing the far cry 2 executable with cffexplorer to be largeaddress aware (to use more than 2GB Ram). Every game now a days should be largeaddress aware, both Stalker games are.

18. PaulvH

PaulvH Member Guru

GPU:
    2x XFX HD5870 H²O-EK CF
    Interesting tip ... Is cffexplorer freeware ?
    <edit> Never mind ... found it already. It IS freeware.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  19. vurt

vurt Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I've noticed that with these drivers the fan on the gfx card spins up all the time when in play STALKER CS, so it seems like these drivers makes the card more hot for some reason. Extremely annoying to listen to that fan, i really really wish these card manufacturers could create cards that doesnt sound like a vacuum cleaner, they never learn :( ..and its not like its impossible, just using a biger fan would help tremendously, but they still put on those tiny fans that makes an unbearable sound :bang:

20. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    I check all my games to see if they are largeaddress aware with this program. You have to go to File Header and then file characteristics, click here and enable App can handle >2gb addressest. Bakup the original .exe first thou.

I read somewhere that there is also a way to make an .exe multicore (2 or 4) aware but i couldn't figure that out.