[MediaFire] - ATI Catalyst 8.12 beta (8.561 RC3) XP/VISTA 32/64-bit

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by tranngocminh, Dec 4, 2008.

1. vurt

vurt Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090

No difference with these compared to 8.11.

2. airblazer

airblazer Active Member

GPU:
    Saphire 2x 5870 1GB

You do know that this is the recommended way by ATI?
    Even one of the dev team was wondering why people bother with uninstalling drivers, using driver sweeper when this is already included in the ccc releases.
    I've never had any problems with installing drivers either with Nvidia or ATI...not a single one in over 10 years of installing drivers.
    I always install over the older ones.

3. tommcd64

tommcd64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Quadfire 2 4870 X2's
    In the past I have had nothing but problems trying to do it this way. I guess the results can be as varied as your system.

4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    These are old these now, 8.57's are the latest so far.

5. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    lol well thats great for you.. I'm not even going to touch this one. Its the "wondering why" haha.. Some people wonder why others change their oil in there cars when they just keep adding it..

6. cz.crash

cz.crash New Member

GPU:
    ATI Sapphire HD3870 Toxic
    Too shame :(

Will be some patch/update/fix for GTA IV? I mean non official.

7. Err

Err Active Member

GPU:
    HD4850
    Could you perhaps post a link to these? I can't find them using google.

8. Soulfly76

Soulfly76 Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS MATRIX 4850 512Mb CF
    Did some benches for a week ago with the 8.10 drivers.

Installed for a couples of days the 8.12 Beta drivers and ran a new bench on Far Cry 2.

Im :banana: with the result. Almost 40% improvement with those specs I play the game. Cant wait to the final set of drivers.

[​IMG]

-benchmark path -world world1 -spawnpos 1876.16,3523.59,34.81 -spawnangle -13.0094,0.0,-172.572 -benchmarkinputname "Benchmark_Small" -benchmarkloop 3 -benchmarkid "Run 1" -RenderProfile_ResolutionX 1280 -RenderProfile_ResolutionY 800 -RenderProfile_RefreshRate 75 -RenderProfile_MultiSampleMode 0 -RenderProfile_MultiSampleLevel 0 -RenderProfile_AlphaToCoverage 0 -RenderProfile_Fullscreen 1 -RenderProfile_VSync 0 -3dplatform d3d9 -RenderProfile_Quality custom -RenderProfile_CustomQuality_quality_VegetationQuality high -RenderProfile_CustomQuality_quality_WaterQuality high -RenderProfile_CustomQuality_quality_TerrainQuality high -RenderProfile_CustomQuality_quality_GeometryQuality high -RenderProfile_CustomQuality_quality_PostFxQuality high -RenderProfile_CustomQuality_quality_TextureResolutionQuality high -RenderProfile_CustomQuality_quality_ShadowQuality high -RenderProfile_CustomQuality_quality_AmbientQuality high -RenderProfile_CustomQuality_quality_Hdr 1 -RenderProfile_CustomQuality_quality_Bloom 1 -RenderProfile_CustomQuality_quality_EnvironmentQuality high -RenderProfile_CustomQuality_quality_TextureQuality high -RenderProfile_CustomQuality_quality_DepthPassQuality high -RenderProfile_CustomQuality_quality_id custom -GameProfile_FireConfig_QualitySetting High -EngineProfile_PhysicConfig_QualitySetting High -RealTreeProfile_Quality High

9. tommcd64

tommcd64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Quadfire 2 4870 X2's
    I second that. Don't hold out on use man. It is bad luck to hold out on a driver junkie :bang:

10. Soulfly76

Soulfly76 Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS MATRIX 4850 512Mb CF
    Ran the Furmark 1.4 test.

Last time I tried I scored like 41xx with my AGP system and recently tried with crossfire (pci-e) cards I was scoring almost the same.

Now... With 8.12 Beta and renaming Furmark.exe to ETQW.exe I get 7938 LOL

Look for the Soulfly76 scores ;-)
    http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/furmark_scores.php

:roll:

11. enoch

enoch Banned

GPU:
    Powercolor HD4870
    ????

12. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    this are great for me..gpu usage is finally stable in gta 4..no more 50-60% most of the time..

13. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    Driversweeper causes that problem......I think its deleting reg entries the vista uses to keep a track of what goes where.

Install CCcleaner

Try uninstalling both vga card entries in device manager, instead of add or remove programs first. Make sure you select delete driver software where applicable.

Do not reboot

Express uninstall all ATI software in programs and features.

Delete C:Ati folder.

Reboot

Run CCcleaner reg sweep and fix all errors.

Reboot

Express install new drivers.

If it works, try installing the next few updates over the top of the old drivers. The install manager takes care of all the uninstalling of the old drivers and installing the new ones in one click and reboot.

I got similar problems to this and was uninstalling and sweeping etc etc. A guy from Ati told us there was no need and to do it this way, I haven't had a problem since.

14. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    Same here, I never once had an issue.

15. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster
    had no probs updating but......
    how do i know if stream is workin, i just ran avivo converter with RT 2.20 and GPUZ 0.3.0 runnin and both said 0% gpu usage on both cores. RT showed both cpu cores at 100% not gpu

16. !H'Guru

!H'Guru Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Nice improvement on the 3850 FC2 results! 10 FPS up in the minimum department! that's nice. I can't find the newer set yet. So far, these drivers are, well, stable, but nothing else.

17. fungus303

fungus303 Active Member

GPU:
    XFX HD5770 @ 1000/1415
    i cant even start the game with my sapphire radeon HD4870 512mb

looks like many with 3870 plays the game fine, i dont understand...

can it be my clock that kills my GTA4?

Core2Duo E8400 @ 4.5ghz?

Running 8.11 final, tried 8.12 beta, same result, game dies after characters intro....... :bang:

18. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    Could be your Clock indeed. Some games react more heavy on OC then others (just like the WindowsCD's react more heavy on scratches)

19. fungus303

fungus303 Active Member

GPU:
    XFX HD5770 @ 1000/1415
    Ok.... i will try to lower the clock, should i try first at deafult speed? or any tips? :)

20. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    Yes that would be a wise thing todo. This way you know for sure nothing OC wise is causing trouble for you.