Resize HDTV Desktop problems

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Amigafan35, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Amigafan35

Amigafan35 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080TI FE
    Hi,

I have a gtx 280 connected to my Sony Bravia 32" via a dvi-hdmi cable & for ages I couldn't even got 1080I/60hz to work, only the top few lines of the image were displayed on the screen, the rest of the screen was blank where as 1080i/50hz worked fine.

Anyway i've since re-installed vista as I upgraded my motherboard & now while both 1080i works in both 50 & 60hz I've got a problem with the resize hdtv desktop option in the control panel, it works fine with 1080i/50hz but not if I try the 1080i/60hz (I have my reasons for needing to use the 60hz), when the resize desktop image pops up on the screen the sliders are already as low as they'll go so I can't lower them anymore & I can't fix the overscan on the image :bang:

This issue has me stumped, does anyone know how to get the overscan working when using 1080i & 60hz.

2. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
  3. Amigafan35

Amigafan35 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080TI FE
    Thank Cybermancer but that's one of the many pages I came across while searching on google about the overscan issues I'm having, unfortunately it didn't help. This is really annoying as the resize desktop feature used to work on 60hz display, I don't know why it doesn't anymore!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  4. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Okay, do you have under screen options on the Bravia menu 'wide mode' set to full and 'display area' set to full pixel? Also, what exact model of Bravia do you have?

5. kalispimenta

kalispimenta Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX @680X1030MHZ
  6. shaggeyman39

shaggeyman39 Member Guru

GPU:
    2 X 4850 705Clock 1150Mem
    I have overscan issues when switching display modes, or resolutions, My work around I found the problem to be the drivers. To fix the 1080p overscan issue. I will write this in steps because it is kinda tricky but the only way to get it to work. It is very annoying.

In the Nvidia control panel.
    1. Set your desired resolution, myne is 1080p with the overscan problem.
    2. go to resize hdtv desktop select DO NOT resize my desktop. APPLY
    3. go to change signal hd format, select 720p
    4. go back to resize hdtv desktop, select resize my desktop CLICK APPLY before adjusting sliders. Then adjust sliders in 720p mode.
    5. go back to change signal or hd format and select 1080p and apply

WHOLA Perfect desktop,,, Im guessing the sliders are broke for 1080p I dont know definalty a driver problem,. good luck :bang: