[MediaFire] - ATI Catalyst 8.12 beta (8.561 RC3) XP/VISTA 32/64-bit

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by tranngocminh, Dec 4, 2008.

1. !H'Guru

!H'Guru Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Tested Fall out 3: It played way smoother indeed!

I only need to check the IQ. I will compare the 8.11 release with the 8.12 beta release to make sure the new drivers won't destroy the IQ in fallout 3.

2. fille007

fille007 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Ati 5970
    i have windows vista 64,and don't have a tab crossfire in ccc with driver 8.11 and 8.12.
    Don't understand that the driver team not tested it,its ridiculous.
    why there is a 64bit os and crossfire possibilities,i relly don't get that.
    For me the problem is that you buy here in belgium for almost 500euro vga cards,for playing a game,and then afterwards its not working,because ati don't test it,this is just **** support i get from them,if the final is not working,i go back to nvidia,because there i almost have none problems,and this is not fanboyism,because i don't like that,but its not normal that you install a driver that not give you crossfire.
    Luckily 8.10 working for me,but that's not an option for the future.

3. tommcd64

tommcd64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Quadfire 2 4870 X2's
    I have finally got it working on my Vista 64 system!!

4. BitStream

BitStream Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    What did you end up doing to make it work?

5. tommcd64

tommcd64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Quadfire 2 4870 X2's
    It is strange but this worked for me. Everything got fubarred with the drivers so I ended up rolling back to the 8.10 hotfix drivers. At that point I installled the betas as an upgrade without removing the older drivers. I checked the software version in CCC and it says I am using 8.561.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  6. randomizer

randomizer Guest

GPU:
    5600 xt Gaming OC
    Fallout 3 feels exactly the same

Far Cry2 is soo smooth with AAx2 now:)

cant wait for my copy of Tomb raider underworld to come!

7. v4npro

v4npro Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7900XT
    Anyone else try this? i don't want to go first lol.

8. SsilverFoxX

SsilverFoxX New Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC NVIDIA GTX670 AMP!
    same here with one difference:
    left the 8.11 installed and upgraded with the 8.12 rc3
    works like a charm without issues until now...tested left for dead, team fortress 2 and far cry 2 until now

9. swecarl

swecarl Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 780ti Sli
    I couldnt install the 8.12 ones but when i had 8.11 already installed and just installed 8.12 over them like you said w/o uninstalling 8.11 it wroked just fine :)

10. v4npro

v4npro Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7900XT
    Didn't work for me, it disabled my second card. Device manager says "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" on #2 card. Driver version on both cards are the updated ones, but some reason it turns off second card completely.

Edit: Ok, this is odd. I did a reboot, and still it's showing code 43 on second gpu, but in CCC it shows crossfire, and I enabled it. Strange...... now crossfire disappeared. I'm just gonna stick with 8.11 lol, officials should be out in 5 days.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008

11. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I cant get my 2nd GPU to work at all with these drivers
    Vista x64
    4870X2

12. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Well i did get it working but i noticed that when i was unistalling it, it stated there was no driver which was slightly weird because Stalker (first one) ran fine but clear sky was at around 5frames per second but anyway gone back to 8.11

13. Ross_C

Ross_C New Member

GPU:
    Powercolor HD 4870 512MB
    I've gone back to 8.11 as i was getting low fps in clear sky plus when I tried to bench using 3d 06 my card kept running in 2d mode...
    Lets hope the final release is better...

14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Actually....according to the screenshot Radeon3650 posted, he's got crossfire working in Vista64.

I'm loving these drivers so far....100% rock solid.

15. LittleMe

LittleMe Member

GPU:
    ATI 5870/1GB
    These drivers show lots of grey areas (which quickly fill in) when I pan around in a scene in GTA IV. :( They might be a little faster but I don't think the benefit is worth the visual degradation.

16. mwpeck

mwpeck Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    My 4850 does that with both these drivers and 8.11 drivers. Oddly enough, my average FPS is around 30 with my current settings on 8.11 drivers, and around 32 FPS on these drivers with the same settings. :cry: Hopefully we get more performance in GTA IV when this driver is officially released.

17. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Guest

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    Crossfire working fine for me.

18. Hyvry1

Hyvry1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Odd that people think Crossfire does not work on Vista 64. I have not had a single issue. It is working flawlessly on mine.

19. !H'Guru

!H'Guru Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    No IQ degredation detected so far. A few FPS extra, but nothing mayor. FC2 plays smoother with AA applied(don't like the game, but still), DevilMay Cry 4 a little difference. No more strange stutters/screen lags in Deadspace (vsync turned off). Mass effect, no noticable difference with 4xAA and 8xAF. Supreme commander:Forged alliance, no difference. Team Fortress 2, a little improvement when AA enabled(5 fps, not much). No difference in crysis or crysis warhead(only 512 MB maybe?). Grid is the same, COD4 is the same. Assasins creed is the same(DX10.1 version). Call of guarez bench 2 fps difference. No more crashes in Brothers in arms: HH. PT boats, no difference. 3D mark, no differece. AMD ping-ping demo, 5 fps av extra. AMD froblins demo, nothing. Red alert 3, the same.

20. d1fferent

d1fferent Maha Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Anyone tested with GTA 4?