TJ07 Dual Loop SLI Project!

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by MikeMK, Oct 27, 2007.

1. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    ohh my fu*king god that is the sex lol i want it are u going to go core i7??? or not

2. apintojr

apintojr Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    dammit, you see what happend. i just ordered some goodies this weekend for my setup. changing it up a bit. =)

3. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    LOL... been away for a few days... didnt expect to come back to more comments! Thanks for all the great comments guys.

barwell1992 - Yes I will be going I7, but prob not until after xmas unfortunately... money a bit tight until then :(

4. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    Mike- Looks amazing, as always! Fantastic stuff, I think the best I've seen in a long time. That is what a PC should look like!

Don't know how I missed the entire thread up until now though.

5. Mark

Mark Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870
    Glad to see you're still alive mike. Your phone broken? lol

6. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    Every time I see a build like this it makes me realize how happy I am with air cooling. For the amount of time, money, and aggravation you put into that water cooling setup you get 5C less temperature at full load than my high end air cooling. It just isn't worth it in the long run for slightly lower temps and less air noise. I sleep next to my Antec 900 w/ Thermalright HR-03 Rev A + SI-97 + 5x120mm Fans + 200mm Fan and it sounds the same as having a ceiling fan on, helps me sleep. My CPU idles at 27C and loads at 55C @ 1.55V with both cores 100% in Orthos Beta on air cooling. GPU does similar at 28C Idle and 57C load.

I do admire the workmanship though and I love to see people doing something on their own without paying a high-end manufacture to do it all for them.

7. kRze

kRze Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 280 SSC|24" Dell
    Yep nice work Mike. Truely a work of art.
    But I just cant see myself spending that much for WC system either, but hey if you got the money and time.. why not.

8. Mark

Mark Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870
    Watercooling on its own isnt a means for a cooler system. The whole project is part of our hobby. Many people who watercool do so just because its good fun setting one up. More so if u have to mod the case yourself.

9. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    You can have fun and the mod the case yourself with air cooling; you act like only water cooling setups can be considered modders.

10. Mark

Mark Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870
    not at all, ive seen some really nice cases with air cooling. What im talking about is modding a case thats not really designed for water to squeeze as much in as u can while making it still look good. Its down to each persons personal preference but IMO a water cooled system, if done right, looks awesome.

11. MidniteLancer91

MidniteLancer91 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 280
    Have they made blocks for the i7 yet?

12. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    I know EK have just released adapters for the Supreme CPU block, not sure about D-tek/swiftech etc but no doubt they will come soon.

13. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Your probably tired of the compliments....NOT!

Congrats on that sweet rig and getting Rig of Month and all that! :)

14. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Congratulations Mike :thumbup:, Job well done and great looking rig bro.
    Definitely well deserved rig of the month.

Angelo.

15. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    arent you ripping this one down and starting a new one yet? j/k

16. Nictron

Nictron Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 3070 Dual OC
    Is there a reason that you left the small fan on the motherboard? Is it due to the close proximity to the Graphics card?

Does the fan not generate a high pitch noise?

Very nice build by the way, one day I will attempt such a massive project myself, the pride you feel must be satisfying.

17. CAHop240

CAHop240 Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 4870X2 2048
    Mike - You sir, are an artist. That rig has to be one of the sexiest setups I've seen in a long time. Two things I love most about this rig:

1. You're a neat freak. Little to no wires showing at all means you took plenty of time carefully planning this thing out. Also I've always thought that presentation is worth more than performance and you have the best of both worlds in this rig.

2. Everything is INTERNAL. No alien looking external rads, no out of place fanless towers. Everything is packed nice and tight in your case as it should be.

Though I'm not a big advocate for WC, I can't deny how purrty it looks. Simply amazing.

18. poo417

poo417 Guest

GPU:
    What a piece of art that is. It really puts my rig to shame in the tidy department. My case seems to be too small to get everything neat but yours proves me wrong.

Congrats. :banana::banana:

19. KevKiev

KevKiev Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6970
    Wow, don't know how I missed this. Very nice work MikeMk!!:cool:

I'm thinkin' of getting a Matrix Typhoon as well, looks like it's a pretty versatile screen. Is it hard getting used to the software?

20. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    WOW!!! just got in from work to see all these great comments.... thanks guys! :)

I replaced all the stock cooling (it was an all in one solution) from the mobo. The small cooler on the SB that you refer to is an Enzotech copper cooler, and it is indeed silent suprisingly due to the small fan but it does spin at a low RPM.

Yup, one of the key objectives was to get two loops inside the case, as like you i really cant stand external watercooling solutions. Glad you liked it!

The software for the typhoon is actually very good tbh... its all drag and drop, e.g. if u want a bar chart to show CPU usage, u drag a barchart onto the screen and then drag the plugin (e.g. from everest etc) value onto it and it will automatically do the rest.

The only small issue is because its relatively new on the market they are still ironing out one or two bugs... however after a bit of fiddling, mine works really well.... here's a few more pics:

CPU temps:

[​IMG]

Mobo temps (this was on a rampage formula not my extreme).

[​IMG]