Crysis(14-24fps) 81.98 drivers, WOW.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by The General, Nov 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    I recently upgraded from win98 to windows 2000, and i am using the 81.98 drivers and i am getting 14-25fps at 1024x768 everything to low to medium. The only thing i have on medium is object detail, texture, water. I have to keep shader on low, because man i put that thing on medium and even tho it looks interesting, it was killing my performance.

Anyways, i am tempted to try a higher driver for win2k, might get even better performance, but as of right now, the 81.98 is pretty good for this game. and for other games as well. Btw it seems like windows 2000 for my system rig is perfect, i am not getting anymore of that LOOK AT A WALL, FPS UP TO 100, BUT WHEN I TURN AROUND IT DROPS TO 10FPS. None of that exist anymore, it seems to be no more bottenecking. If a game i am playing is up to 100, when i turn around it stays at 95, and there is no more skipping or lag. W2K is like the perfect OS. I am going to buy the BFG 8400GS 512MB soon, so that should make a nice upgrade from the BFG 6200 which i am using.

Anyways, check out the screens:
    GPU INFO:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not bad for a old rig from 2000 right? :wanker:

2. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    that's crysis?, r u sure? xd

btw try CCC configurator for crysis, in the ultra-low quality u'll be able to play well and better gfx imo

nah its not bad imo, i guess ill be playing like that quality in 2-3 years with this rig xP

PD: real medium is shader, its the most eye-candy setting imo xD

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  3. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    no not at all that bad i had the 8400gs 256mb and could handel crysis setings from low to high using a combination :)

4. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Yea crysis doesn't seem that demanding. I will try out the CCC config thing, and see how it goes. I should have my secondary computer soon, its going to be a dell 2.4ghz , i will enjoy crysis at max settings or near it, in about 2 weeks. :) But for this rig, trying out some of the demos are always fun.

5. DaKamikaz

DaKamikaz Member

GPU:
    2x Asus 8800 Ultra 768mb
    i never knew crysis could look that fugly :s

6. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    It doesn't look ugly, just not the best. I will admit that. I do notice when i turn up the resolution to 1280x1024 it looks better, but my 6200 is pretty good, but not that good when it comes to this game anyway. So its playable at low to medium settings, good enough for me, i was just trying it out thats all.

So when i get my new rig i will enjoy it better at higher settings.

7. Shex

Shex Guest

GPU:
    GALAX GeForce GTX 970 HOF
    Why upgrade when your current system runs it "efficient" already... :rolleyes:

8. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    lol 4.3 gbs bandwidth! yikes!

when u consider a 280 is 150 ish :)

9. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    I think you should buy a new PC.

10. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Well this rig with wk2 is for my older games and games up to early 2008.
    My secondary rig will be for the mid 2008 to whatever games.

I just a new driver , updated one for w2k, i am going to see how the game runs now. My other games seems to running just fine.
    [​IMG]
    Bandwidth seem to have went up to 8.5 now.

11. badcaps

badcaps New Member

GPU:
    eVGA 260 @ 756/1512/2600
    @The General: That's awesome performance from such an old machine. You have it looking a lot like far cry, which is enough of an achievement without it actually being CE2.

I've been lurking on guru3d for years and I registered just to tell you how impressed I am :rock:

Do you think, with the beastly supercomputer you're currently running, that it's a good idea to **** on someone who has a worse PC?

:lurk:

12. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    hahahahahahahhahhhahhahha

13. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    After testing out a few of the newer drivers, i am just going to stick with the 81.98 ones, they seem to work perfect with windows 2000SP4 and my 6200 OC PCI card. The 175 series which i have tested, the CP is broken.

COD4 runs pretty good also, i have the game at 1024x768 everything High, NO AA, 17-27fps at the moment.

14. sinbad2008

sinbad2008 New Member

GPU:
    nvidia 5200
    hey how the hell do you get such new games to work with such a slow proccesser and video cards lol

15. sahlaboohlas

sahlaboohlas Member

GPU:
    gtx 260 3sli
    no1 man :knock:

16. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    i just noticed the psu...

90 W

hehe.....

17. 1heone

1heone Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    LOL. just upgrading now to windows 2000? is that even an upgrade anymore?? :banana:

18. Shex

Shex Guest

GPU:
    Since your new I'm not gonna bother explaining myself, just click Here. <-- you will see why his Threads occasionally get closed. his flame bait!

19. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    You say you're buying an 8400? That won't max crysis or anywhere near it. Sorry. You're still living in dreamworld it seems.

20. Shex

Shex Guest

GPU:
    Passion don't bother giving him advice, if you look at his previous closed threads you will see he hardly takes advice from members :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.