Forceware 180.48 WHQL ftw ;-)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Mistajista, Nov 19, 2008.

1. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    What is the image quality like with 180.48? Are they up there with the 180.42 or better than the washed out colours of 178.24? I guess I should probably just test them myself, but if anyone has noticed I'd be very interested in hearing your opinion.

2. Dcrawler

Dcrawler Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 680sli Hydro(s)
    Howdy. Yes I did but Im still getting some weird throttling events. What annoys me the most is that it is not consistant across all titles. FO3 will throttle down differently than say WIC. I played some BF2 last night and the clocks stayed at idle speeds the whole time (BF2 still ran good however). As I think I posted before, the 178.24's ran fine. They would still d/c during idle but as soon as I would load a 3d app they would correctly throttle up. Anyhoo, as I was so hesitant to accept before I can always revert back to the 178's and just keep testing the new whql/beta's as they become available. In retrospec, I guess I was due to have issues with a driver set release since in the past I've had zero problems :). Thanks for the checkup.

Dc

3. Vandrende Pind

Vandrende Pind Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X
    i notice that the image quality is quite bad in fallout 3 with 180.48 compared to 178.24. the transparancy aa looks worse.

4. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    I have the same problem, in fact with any of the 180.xx drivers it seems they like to throw a tantrum at 3d clocks :puke2: heh

Gone back to 178.24 which don't have this issue. Hopefully this will get fixed in future drivers, I've submitted bug reports to Nvidia. Seems to only affect people with GT200 chips... and only a few.

5. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    I have the samething in Vista X64 SP1, but i have 2 8800GTX in SLI.
    My second card is fine ( OC, Shader, Mem speed ) but the first card is stuck in some sort of low lvl mode!, even in Vista its clocked at 199,1100,600 and doesnt move...

180.48 in XP however is stable but with some texture corruptions in Crysis ( Sky, land and KPA ). And SLI didnt work for me for quite a time. Had to re-enable it, restore all my profiles over and over again, disable PhysX and restore everything again... :S :3eyes: weird.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  6. ferdy

ferdy Guest

GPU:
    gtx980 TI hybrid
    al my game run good.. IQ is ok but some bad AA in crysis and in 2d sometimes DV is at 100% even when i set it at 12-20% when i stop playing a game it's back at 100%..and it is a stable driver..any other people with that DV issue??

7. Gator Allen

Gator Allen Guest

I was getting audio issues in SLI with these, static in GTR2 and FarCry2, COD5 WAW, so reinstalled 178.24 and all is well, Thanks to RivaTuner.
    :3eyes:

8. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    Same thing bad aa but games run good,better than 180.60 or 70

9. YELLOL

YELLOL Member

GPU:
    PNY GTX-275 896MB
    This set of drivers is worthless to me. Caused crashes in COD-WW, Fallout3, and NFSU. Reverted back to 178.24's and all problems are gone.

Looking through this thread it seems the 9600GT does not like the 180.48's. :banana:

10. elrazor

elrazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AorusMaster 3080
    best driver for me with 9600 GT

11. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    Thanks Vandrende Pind, I won't bother with this set then. The 180.42 has rich colours but has the odd issue with textures in some games. 178.24 image quality doesn't look as good on my monitor and I had some problems with Fallout 3, although they are rock solid in every other game so maybe the driver wasn't the cause. I might check out some of the other drivers.

With so many games on the market using different engines, it has got to be difficult to build a driver which meets everyone's expectations. I'm still impressed how well the 8800GTS 320MB performs with the low amount of memory. There are not many companies that pump out drivers as consistently as Nvidia does and I'm sure they will release a couple sets that make most reasonable people happy.

12. Dcrawler

Dcrawler Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 680sli Hydro(s)
    Yea as long as there is a set that works good, you at least have options. I do feel sorry for some of the people that have older cards that cannot get support with the new drivers. But, I guess Nvidia cannot keep resources available for the older hardware indefinately. Also, the important thing is that Nvidia is now aware of the potential problem(s) associated with the recent drivers. I'm sure they will work it through. Happy gaming :).

Dc

13. brejikk

brejikk New Member

GPU:
    XFX 9600GT
    This is not the best driver i have met but it works.I hope that it will improve a lot.

14. 3Dghost

3Dghost Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970 GHz Ed
    *************************** H E L P*********************************
    OK since I don`t want to start a new thread (there is too many already), I want to share my experiences with all 180.xx drivers...they just don`t work for me.
    I have tried installing them all, and I was getting game freezes. Games just froze when loading or just few seconds after the game was running. Then I had to restart my PC the hard way. Nor Ctrl+Alt+Del or the windows button responds. I had to go back to 178.13 which I had no problems with whatsoever.
    I`m not using any overclocking software, even though my CPU is overclocked. I`m running AVAST Antivirus, I have latest Audio drivers, DirectX November.
    Anybody has any idea why?
    I also always use the Driver Cleaner when reinstalling new drivers.

15. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    I had 180.44 on my laptop and then uninstalled with driver sweeper in safemode and installed these with a modded inf from *******go and when I restart there are no drivers installed. I tried installing from safemod and still nothing. These drivers wont install! I have no clue what to do.

16. YELLOL

YELLOL Member

GPU:
    PNY GTX-275 896MB
    Yeah, it's a fine driver for people that don't play modern games or even any games at all. 180.48 worked great in 2D and even Peggle.

People that play newer games might disagree with your unqualified vote of confidence.

17. YELLOL

YELLOL Member

GPU:
    PNY GTX-275 896MB

I have an idea. These drivers are just plain busted. It happens and thankfully not very often from Nvidia.

Running 178.24's over here and having absolutely no issues at all. Wish I could say the same for the 180.48's which are just poison.

18. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    They worked fine for me too. I'm using 180.70 now.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  19. YELLOL

YELLOL Member

GPU:
    PNY GTX-275 896MB
    From looking at posts on this and other forums, the 180's seem great... unless you are running a 9600GT or 7600GT... and a few other cards.

I'm just saying that the 180.48's don't work well with 9600GT's and I reloaded them several times before coming to this conclusion.

First driver set I've ever had fail this badly from Nvidia as a matter of fact which is probably why I am so upset about it. The 178.24 set is just fine though which is what lead me to believe the 180.48 might be just as dandy... and no. :dead:

20. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I wouldn't dwell on it, there's been 2 more driver releases since these.