Forceware 180.48 WHQL ftw ;-)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Mistajista, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    50 pride point bet we won't be seeing him on this forum again. :p

2. ereetos

ereetos Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX280 SLi
    i dont have any issues in my event log with these drivers

3. Dcrawler

Dcrawler Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 680sli Hydro(s)
    Don't flattery yourselves. Although I don't post allot I've been around these forums for quite some time. Usually people are very quick to try and help. Suggesting to revert to a previous build as the first response in a contact with someone insinuates to me your not interested in anything other than a quick remedy hence I don't want to be bothered. However, I should have figured the 'regulars' would stick together towards someone they consider 'new'. I took offense to the response. I'm sorry some don't agree. If I misread the post then I am sorry. As far as anyone other than the user in question is concerned, its really none of your business. Likewise, the only person that will run me off these forums will be a mod.

Dc

4. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    Did not see your post Dcrawler (or your PM). Thanks for the apology, though we all spit the dummy sometimes so don't worry about it. I really didn't mean any offence by saying people were complaining, but that's the Web for you, words don't often convey meaning very well, especially English. Anyway I usually put mean/nasty/unhappy face after comments if I'm angry. Did you try reinstalling 180.48 after running DriverSweeper in Safe Mode?

I think EventID 14 is mainly a SLI/not getting enough power issue. Some users fixed it by either removing Intel Application Acceleration software, changing the PSU, using RMA to replace the card, or installing Service Pack 1 if they were using Vista. Nvidia recommends upgrading the PSU.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008

5. Roft

Roft Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac AMP! GTX 480
    Good drivers for me. I was able to OC my card higher. I used to get artifacts if I tried to oc my shader core to 1458. I'm stable at 1458 shader core now. With that higher clock I was able to get my GPU core up to 712. Keepers for me!

I may see if I can get my ram higher.

6. Dcrawler

Dcrawler Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 680sli Hydro(s)
    Although a few other people felt compelled to stick their nose in the business, I did send you a pm. My use of the word(s) troll/fanboy/lurker was an inappropriate response to your word 'complain'. As stated in the pm, I was out-of-line and am sorry. Just to set the record straight, I'm by no means a young person. Anyway, enough of me wasting the forums time. Appreciate your stern but civil public reply.

Dc

7. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    We don't flattery ourselves. But we does have a tendency to uses correct english.

Then again, I've seen through your post and have come to realize you're trying to apologize. Apology accepted -from me, at least.

8. Dcrawler

Dcrawler Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 680sli Hydro(s)
    Just felt like I was being attacked hence the 'in the business' response. Thank you for understanding. I'll be more careful in the future.

Dc

9. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    I edited my post. Apology accepted too and sorry for any offence caused by my previous post.

10. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    That prob won't take long with your current attitude.

Ok I'm done.

11. Saiyan

Saiyan Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 12GB
    Give the guy a break.
    Everyone has bad days and occasionally rants, but not everyone realizes it and says they are sorry...

12. pakko

pakko Active Member

GPU:
    GigabyteGTX580 WindF3 SLI
    Hi, i would like to know if with these drivers i can put a second GFX card on my x38 mobo (xfire certified, can't SLI with this mobo..) just for the PhysX..

2 question: A 8500GT would be ok for PhysX or it's too low??

13. ZNP

ZNP New Member

GPU:
    XFX9600GT 512DDR3
    So i am back with a problem pwd. by 180.48.Today i powered up my PC like a normal person,everything running ok until the welcome screen where i need to LOG IN.And then the $hit happens,after 2-3 seconds i logged in my screen went black and stayed like that.I gave like 3 or 4 restarts and the same thing happened.I was forced to go in safe mode and delete this driver and after that i reinstalled the old one " 178.13 " and everything worked fine.WTF's up with nvidia driver developers?

14. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    It should be ok but I would go for a 8600gt. It's marginally more expensive and its better.
    Best choice would be a 9600GT w/silent cooling imo :)

15. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    have gone back to the 178.24s...the 180.43's worked ok for me.

but not very impressed with all of the latest nvidia drivers. crashes with some and some games run better with one driver than others...

why should this be the case? surely the latest driver should work better with all of the latest games and also ones which are a few months old.

doesnt make sense that if u install the latest driver then u go back to playing an older game you find your perf has decreased.

16. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Ok fair comment.
    Our new guest has been enlightened so seeing as we're all handing out apologies I may as well throw mine on the pile as well.

Anyway moving right along......shall we get back OT? ;)

17. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    I think there was a bit of a rush to release these drivers because of the x58 SLi support ...

18. play2lose

play2lose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X Diamond 7970's
    Half Life 1 still doesn't look like Crysis with these drivers.

fail

19. t3zza

t3zza New Member

GPU:
    Palit 9600GT
    It appears that some people have been having problems with these drivers and Left 4 Dead, myself included.

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=82323

The disable multicore use did the trick, although I'd rather not resort to that to get the game to function properly.

Haven't had the chance to test it out in Fallout 3 yet, will report back later.

20. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    Stay on topic people! i just went through 2 pages, and maybe 5 posts where on topic! BS

sofar i like these drivers. not gaining any fps over 180.42, but games are definately smoother. XP32 sp3 here.