The Need for speed - undercover Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by damien666, Nov 18, 2008.

1. GAR818

GAR818 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080ti TRIO
    DUDE, if EA remade NFS3 HP i would bow down!!!!!

2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I'm not impressed by this new NFS at all. In fact, I'm very disappointed...It just kind of makes me sad. I hate how the latest nfs(Besides prostreet) has to have some dumb little story. Didn't care about it in most wanted, or carbon, why the hell would I care now?! I don't care about being undercover, I just want a god damn good racing game without the little gimmicks. Wait a minute on that though, that's what EA gets off to, is gimmicks!

3. azri

azri Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX260 SP-216 OC
    how will this perform on my rig? how much fps will i expect at 1680x105o with all high settings? + AA at max.

4. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    not with Undercover's graphics and difficulty level, i'd go to their headquarters with a flamethrowers. :flip2:

5. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    yea it sucks big time,... gfx are the worst (blurring is ok but that's about it, too much hdr makes u blind sometimes:3eyes:, shadows are a mess - most wanted had better, textures are so so, over all a huge let down)

didnt expect this pos from NFS series, but i saw a pre taste in those trailers so i wasnt so shocked lol...

6. Leodie

Leodie Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    They will probably just yell "is that all you got!!" and go hide in their black box and make Undercover 2. :fuse:

7. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    EA... WTF!? How can it be worse than Pro Street!? HOW!!!!???

You know what would work. Codemasters add custimisation + open world to GRID. Change the name to STREET. And viola.

I wanted a good open world racer. How the hell could they possibly do worse than Pro Street? :(

8. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    with all these comments, i feel like im glad that i still haven't uninstralled Race Driver: GRID :D

9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i tried the game for 20 minutes and uninstalled @ same speed...wtf man..is this realy hard something attractive for the genre? i think i will buy GRID..it also supports TRACKIR4

10. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    I totally agree
    NFS: Undercover is the game that disappointed me the most in 2008
    I was really expecting something good (hey I believed the "we're going back to our roots etc etc" bs), but when I tried it...I was speechless.
    Wow, just wow.

This cobra racing game I've seen in the screenshot thread is way better graphically and handling-wise than this pos.

11. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    What about XBOX 360 version? I assume that you're taking about PC version.

12. TurboPenguin

TurboPenguin Guest

No this game is HORRIBLE! I really think this is the WORST NFS game to date! If you want a GREAT racing game, go BUY Grid.

Here is my review from another Forum...
    Ok I thought it was needed for me to post this so that people would not be sucked into another EA pile of crap. I need to say that I am an avid PC gamer who loves racing. When previews for NFS-U were coming out I was getting excited. With the flop of their last title and hopes of redemption. Obviously with that said I think this game sucks and below are my reasons.

First - Graphics. Now if you played Prostreet, the Graphics were a step in the right direction. NFSU is like 4 steps backwards. I would compare graphics to NFS-MW at best. In fact I think MW looks better.

AI - Worst AI I have ever seen! I played for about 2 hours, and I never lost a race and the Cops are pathetic! They were crashing themselves!

Sound - Was OK, but lack of 5.1SS was a downer.

Controls - Worst ever, sluggish. It's like there is a 1/2 second delay between my keys and what happens.

Menus - Are there menus? You have to get into the game to access the menus. And they are slow.

Content - Ok the movies were Uber-Cheesy. Like i could shoot better plot movies with me and my wife in my camcorder that would have been better! Seriously how much did you spend on this game and you came up with this? Are you kidding me?

I know that reviews floating around the web have said very similiar things. If you love racing games, go BUY GRID! W/O question, best racing game to this date! If you love NFS series, best one is 2 games back and is probably NFS Carbon. Even though there is no support for widescreen, its the best to date. Save Your Money DO NOT buy NFS-U. It's not even worth a torrent. Not that I would condone torrenting, but this game is just that bad!

Scale - 20/100

This has been an official Rant by TurboPenguin, thanks for listening!

13. Sergin

Sergin New Member

GPU:
    nVIDIA Geforce 8800GT 512
    I was looking forward to this one since the ProStreet sucked big time, but this one sucks even more!

And honestly, what the heck is wrong with EA. I remember that NFSMW and ProStreet had this stuttering problem and now Undercover still has it.

Honestly the NFS franchise is going nowhere....

14. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    looks better but that's about it :) sometimes fps hits so slow it's impossible to enjoy it.

15. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    i'm sure there's no way they will read this, but if they do read it...

EA SUCK MY D*CK...idiots..

i'm very pissed right now, so excuse my language

they want money for this piece of crap!?!?!?! really!!!!..this **** of a game doesn't even worth download..

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008

16. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Yes it's going. Backwards. Lol

17. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Try renaming nfs.exe to LostPlanetDX9.exe ;)

The first 20 minutes was very boring, 240SX is such a bad car... lol

I'm driving now a Lotus Elise with Street performance pack, it's very fun now! Trying to make some more cash in game to buy a Nissan Skyline R34, love that car :)

Some screenshots I took with renamed executable. Shadows are ugly...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi mate please explain why i shoudl change the exe name and great new i really like that car too

19. Countach

Countach Active Member

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 9600GT 512MB
    Well, I don't have a Radeon card, but I had to do something similar because Pro Street has the same executable name, and the drivers already had a profile for it, which mess some things with the game (in my case, AA).

20. MajkZ

MajkZ New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 8800 GTX
    Lol totally agree with all negative comments, looks like ass and runs like ass no more NFS's for me.