The Left 4 Dead Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Nov 1, 2008.

1. mandex

mandex Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770
    common, 4 min maps played for hours, what about an entire campaign + mods + Everything else. How can they get bored? ahuauhua

2. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    when is the public demo date?

3. mandex

mandex Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770
    tomorow FINALY!

4. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    Is it! yay- i cant wait to play!!!!

5. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    i downloaded off a torent so dident have to buy it ( just the demo ) so u dont have to pre order just serch it on (http://thepiratebay.org/) idk if in alowed to post web sights like that buy still sort of lajit seeing as thogh its a demo realy good runs great maxed out on my pc butterly smooth maded me s**t my self the first time i played it lol

6. tmsmith

tmsmith Member Guru

GPU:
    2x VisionTek HD 4870 512M
    It releases to the public today so it doesn't really matter anymore. :3eyes:

Although, I doubt that you can post this sort of comment anyway.

Yesterday I was playing with a friend and enabled cheats on the server. With a few more commands you can make the director run "panic" mode the whole time. Basically to see how long you can last. :) Fun stuff.

Also, I took it upon myself to see how well my computer could hold up the thousands of zombies. I couldn't even get the computer to slow down. The engine is very well optimized and its going to be a blast playing all the way through!

7. Avefenix

Avefenix Guest

GPU:
    xfx 8800GtX
    Where is the demooooo
    Its 11 november!!

I wanna kill a lot of zombies!!!
    RIGHT NOW! lol

:banana::banana::banana::banana: :biggun:

8. dshramek

dshramek Guest

I am with you, bro...still not sure if I want to pre-order...it would save me 5 bucks...:/

9. mandex

mandex Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770
    Demo is out! Go and download it ;D

10. Avefenix

Avefenix Guest

GPU:
    xfx 8800GtX

11. dshramek

dshramek Guest

Ok...so some one set me straight.
    This game(I finished the demo & played a couple of rounds online) has a single player, right? It is basically you & the other survivors tyring to get safe house to safe house? Is there any other plot going on..other than survive? I understand the director changes the hordes & such as it needs. But is there an ending? Or is it just Zombies -> safe house. rinse repeat?
    I really liked the demo, but I am not sure I would see myself playing this long term...not like TF2 or COD4 or even Battlefield 2. Not for a 45-50 dollar price.

12. Loki91

Loki91 Guest

GPU:
    nVIDIA 8800GTS 512MB @670
    I think there's some plot to it. You're running from safe house to safe house... to leave the city, successfully avoid zombie-mauling. I foresee additional campaign add-ons as time passes (perhaps like TF2, given the short amount of maps it started off with). The basic conflict won't change much from survivors vs zombies though... but scrutinizing that's like scrutinizing RED VS BLU, or Terrorists VS Counterterrorists...

There's also a competitive multi-player where it's PvP to add some life to the game, but I'm interested in the teamwork dynamics of co-op.

13. Fifty

Fifty New Member

GPU:
    8800 GTS 512
    Hi all! I've just tried the demo and im getting freezes with sound stuttering like some of you commented a couple of pages before...

Im using 180.43 beta drivers... any ideas on fixing this?? maybe trying latest official drivers instead?

Thanks.

14. Yakspawn

Yakspawn Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GT 512
    I just got to say that this game kicks @ss, classic shooter with non-stop action, i cant get enough of it. Definitely going to pick this one up:)

15. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE

Hmm so others are having this issue also..... I just began a thread on this very issue. Lets discuss it http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=278663 and maybe we can come with some some common situations that may pinpoint to this issue.

Hopefully it will draw some attention and valve will see it. This just shouldn't be happening.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008

16. Loki91

Loki91 Guest

GPU:
    nVIDIA 8800GTS 512MB @670
    That's odd. No problems whatsoever on my setup, same card but using 'old' 178.15 drivers.

17. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
    played it for an hour or so with a couple friends and I find it kind of boring. I would pick it up if it were like $20-$30, but I definitely don't see this being worth $50. Its like paying for a HL2 mod. Plus with WotLK coming out tomorrow this would end up another dust collector.

18. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
    Screw the haters, this game is awesome.

Just completed the demo on expert with some randoms online, took ages but was great fun.
    Game looks great and runs really well, super smooth even with loads of zombies charging towards you.
    Everyone download the free demo and try it out. It's fun single player but co-op online is even better, if you get a good team together + mics.

Really get a team attitude and its cool when you finally complete a level.
    Thought it be boring after I completed it once, but going back it really does get better, espesically online.
    I'm really glad its on the source engine, looks good enough and runs fine, lets you concentrate on the gameplay.

Yeah I should really be sleeping for lectures tomorrow, but I really got sucked into trying to beat the levels with my team, haha.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  19. Alwinp

Alwinp Active Member

GPU:
    4870 512MB
    My first online experience was a mess.

I accidently shot 2 of my teammates down, and the other one got crushed by the tank afterwards.

Eventually i couldn't take that tank by myself and i died aswell, with results we had to do it all over again.

..oops

20. BaDmOfO

BaDmOfO Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 liquid

If you're having these crashes try enabling the dev console and put "mat_queue_mode 0" without the " ... it should solve your issue.