Windows 7

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by cockneysean, Oct 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Animatrix

Animatrix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512
    What ? No snappy comeback, how come ?

2. aweston

aweston Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 260 896MB
    No.. you're not... You can view the screenshots of the genuine build 6801 here:

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/in-pictures-microsoft-pulls-back-curtain-windows-7-37053

The one you kiddies have is a clever hack downloaded off the torrents... But unfortunately it's still a hack.

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/bittorrent-makes-private-windows-7-beta-public-37236

3. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    you should read around the net more the pdc 6801 build leaked on the net sometime ago,i got it last night an no i wont say where because i dont want to catch a ban,but if you are so l337 you should have known that already thank you.

p.s. your second link just proves us correct that its possible for a person or persons to have the pdc 6801 build,Microsoft New Zealand National Technology Officer Brett Robers basically wouldnt recommend it,you can shhhhhhh now lol

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  4. Animatrix

Animatrix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512
    Who are you calling a kid...boy. I'm 31 years old and you, let me guess 15 ?

How would i be able to download updates if it wasn't the real thing ? Anyway you clearly have a hard time admitting when your wrong so i don't expect that to change. Grow up.

5. aweston

aweston Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 260 896MB
    Actually PDC6801 leaked on Nov 1, 2. And from a search I did, there's a dozen or more wannabe torrent sites offering it.. It doesn't take a genius to find it.

Sorry, I got mixed up with screenshots here.. Phoenix... Ok.. Yes, possibly.

Animatrix, can you give me the file version and sizes of your netapi32.dll file in your W7?

The OP is the one that I believe to be a fake... and that's the one I was addressing.

God, too many excited posters all at once throwing screenshots around.

6. Animatrix

Animatrix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512
    Pic.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Happy ?

7. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    now on topic,win 7 seems a lil faster keyword "seems" it may not be but i didnt test that deep,unlocking the new taskbar was a pain with all the commands ,all appz installed (msn,yahoo-<longhorn pdc build yahoo wouldnt run>,avg,gigabyte easytune,nvidia vista 64bit 180.43,drivers,ntune,evga precision,firefox,sb audigy 2 vista drivers worked, all worked fine but, tried to install the vista 965 chipset drivers it was a no go on the operating system,im assuming win7 had support as all my mobo deviced picked up an installed ethernet etc...my analysis so far

8. Animatrix

Animatrix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512
    Considering it's just a millstone build I'm super impressed, but then i also ran the old Vista millstones before the code base got switched and boy did they suck.

9. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    yeah i forget which version (winhec longhorn build not sure) but the one that had the grey taskbars omg did it suck

10. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    [​IMG]

If i had a beta key i'd definitely activate this.. it's so stable, only so many days left though =(.

11. Animatrix

Animatrix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512
    Yes the old longhorn builds before the code switch was horrible, just horrible. No wonder it got thrown out. Still it was pretty sad to see. But having a solid code base is way more important then a bunch of fancy features. Well OK maybe Vista gold wasn't 110% solid, lol.

12. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    i read on a forum i cant find the link though but i read if you have a vista RC or beta key you can use that an activate,i hadnt tried it yet though

13. Animatrix

Animatrix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512
    So you didn't beta Vista ? Because the Vista beta key works.

I think you can rearm it like with Vista but you only get 3 days again, i think. I did the rearm one time and i think it went back to 3 days (but now I'm not so sure all of a sudden lol). Anyway try it and see.

Now i would never advice you to do this of course, lol. :D But I'm sure you can find a Vista beta key if you dig around on the interwebs. ;)

14. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Nah I didn't get a chance to beta vista, although I did try out beta versions. I think im signed up for the connect program for whenever 7 beta comes out though - connect is confusing to me.

lol.. yeah.. i'm currently searching for a beta key :p

Looks like Nvidia already has pre-beta drivers for Windows 7, Microsoft update downloaded them for me.. The new update interface is nice looking.

15. aweston

aweston Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 260 896MB

Ok, yeah. You don't have the latest build, and you don't have the build demonstrated at PDC08, either, hence my confusion. The build you have is an earlier build, the one given to the participants at PDC08 and the one being distributed on the torrent sites as the "leak".

Edit: One thing I'm finding odd from your build. Your netapi32.dll is extremely small. It's not even close to normal size, not even in the same ballpark, as any other Windows build from Windows XP/Server 2003 onwards. Yet the update you downloaded there modified your netutils.dll, and is the right version and size.

:3eyes:

16. vidra

vidra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB
    [​IMG]

@Animatrix
    The kid is a troll, he's trying to provoke people and start a flame war and then have a good laugh

17. Animatrix

Animatrix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512
    @aweston

Your not making any sense and i am not going to waste more time on this. You can believe whatever you want, i really don't care.

18. Animatrix

Animatrix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512
    Yeah you probably right. Oh well.

19. aweston

aweston Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 260 896MB
    See, the info you've posted there is wrong. The taskbar and stuff *is* part of the build, but you need to run a hack to get it working.

You see, there are about 5 (maybe 6) builds released after the one you have. The one you have is the one handed out to participants and "leaked" on the torrent sites. In other words, I know exactly where you got it from. The one they demoed to the audience is a newer build that nobody has.

The build demoed at PDC was 6933..

And some "1337 h4><0rz" you guys are.. Script kiddies may be more like it. The hack for the new superbar is all over the internet. God, a Google search turns up a whack of them.

As for age? I'm 37. Does it matter?

20. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Uh, no one said they hacked the taskbar anywhere.. I put the link to the program that did it on the first page.

Also no one claimed to have some super superior Microsoft only build.. if you read the first page I clearly state that this version and the version previewed are not the same.

And it does matter, for someone who's 37, you're acting like you're 12.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.