The Left 4 Dead Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Sure mate..but iam not sure if it will be a SP or MP. i think Sp. since 1 week i try to find out why people r so willing to buy and play this..it looks a MOD for HL source to me. i cant get it. i watched the videos and the only thing i see is zombie runs to u and u shoot them..Coop sounds promising but not sure how it will be working...i bought because majority of GAMERS on STEAm as i see really SURE that this game is going to ROCK...i have a feeling i made a mistake with buying this but ....well.i will see it sooner.

And
    [​IMG]

The German box art will feature a temporary "low violence cover" in some retailers during the Christmas shopping season. It's the box art but with a thumb, and is super duper awesome. The German version of Left 4 Dead will also feature green blood and no helpless enemies (zombies sitting or lying). Community member Dead Fish found a couple German previews with a picture of the Blood Harvest movie poster, 21 screenshots, pictures of Valve, and news that Bill will be voiced by the German voice actor of Dr. House.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  2. mandex

mandex Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770
    Yeah, i've seen this, bad for germans =/

I have a question, other steam users could answer this i hope.
    If i buy Box version in france, and use the cd key to my account, i can play in english (and i can link l4d to my steam account, right?)?

And after to reinstall on another computer, i can install the game with the cd and log in with my steam account?

just saw one sad thing, EA is distributing the xbox 360 and the pc version, sadd =/

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i guess so..better ask in steam forums .

4. mandex

mandex Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770
    Time for me doing a steam forum acct, i think lol

5. Im2bad

Im2bad Guest

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Yeah you can, as once you buy a Steam game you have practically unlimited installations with it, but of course, you can only use one install on one system at a time.

But I don't really know about the language thing, I believe the box version is the same as the Steam version, so it has all the major languages, english included. But to be sure, ask on the steam forums, like Mr. Bigtime here already suggested.

6. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    Dont pull a Far Cry

left 4 dead

7. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Anyone watched the trailer @ Steam web page? Looks like it is going to be a bit like I am legend.

8. mandex

mandex Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770
  9. BaDmOfO

BaDmOfO Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 liquid
  10. tmsmith

tmsmith Member Guru

GPU:
    2x VisionTek HD 4870 512M
    Where where where!? :banana:

Link? :)

11. mandex

mandex Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770
  12. Loki91

Loki91 Guest

GPU:
    nVIDIA 8800GTS 512MB @670
    It definitely looks like I Am Legend, with the virus-infested fast-zombies.

Personally I prefer the literally undead zombies (the type that can have half their brains blown out and still shamble at you), but then that steps into necromancy, and before you know it you're a warhammer-wielding dwarf paladin questing with a party of elves...

... I digress. I play a couple zombie source mods, and really would've liked the inability to clip through friendly players in L4D - adds so much to tension and realism. Once played Zombie Master, walking down a narrow spiral stairwell when huge zombies started rushing up the stairs. Being sandwiched between my friends behind, and zombies in front gave a crazy sense of claustrophobia. :uhoh:

13. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    I'm downloading the demo (Steam let me! :p) so I'll get to play this for a bit before I leave. I am most pleased. Most pleased indeed!

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Dman..i still cant see the demo...i just see L4D...NOT RELEASED...demo comes with another link? or Game will preload a s demo?

15. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280x2 SLI
    You know you guys can just pre-order the game from gamestop.com and then cancel it before they ship it.

You will still recieve the early demo activation key. Also they don't charge your credit card until the game ships. So basically it's free to do this.

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i think you have to wait. i already preloaded it this morning.
    getting ready to play this afternoon :banana::banana: beer and naked women for everyone :banana::banana:

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    hey, u preloaded it already? why not me? iam in Europe zone. i mean when a game releases in EU i get the game same time as whole Europe. especially when UK..wtf man :(

18. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Still seems like I can still pre-purchase it now and get the demo today but before I do, does the demo include some multiplayer action?

19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yes it appeared in the games list today. so i downloaded it already.
    still its gonna be unlocked today, and i couldnt play it yet, only pre-load it.
    i wonder what timezone they use for this.

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    AHAHAHA! i saw it..u must right click and preload the demo :D..what a noob i am 0_o. i never preloaded a game -_-