GeForce 180.43 Beta released!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by BarryB, Oct 24, 2008.

1. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    Download Nvidia driver of your choice or use 180.43
    Uninstall the nvidia driver you have, reboot into Safe Mode (tap F8 as your PC boots and select Safe Mode), run DriverSweeper and clean Nvidia driver files, reboot and install Nvidia driver and reboot when prompted.

Should work now, if you have problems update DirectX and/or reinstall FC2.

Avoid medical cabinets on walls if you have BSOD, or update soundcard drivers, or lower hardware acceleration on your sound card to Basic Acceleration (Control Panel>Sound and Audio Devices>Advanced>Performance.

- Edit. That should be a little clearer.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  2. Nuke_Meltdown

Nuke_Meltdown Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX580 SLI
    OK so if i really understand what your trying to say is that if i'm running a game @ low detail i should see those buggy texture......So what if i'm playing Crysis @ All Very High @ 1920X1200 @ 2AA, There is almost no way to get any higher than that.

Since i had i nice boost with these driver it would be nice to keep them but i'm not gonna start to play with every config files i found.

I'm pretty sure nVidia's gonna fix that thing.

3. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Well I have come to the conclusion that 180.43 completely and utterly destroys all overclocking ability for me. I cannot run any of my games for more than a minute or two with my regular OC on that with all previous drivers I could play for hours on end completely stable. I guess I'll play some games now that don't need it and wait for a better driver to come out!

4. Claude350

Claude350 Active Member

GPU:
    PNY 1060 GTX SSC

Because it works for you doesn't mean it will work for everyone else. We all have different rigs. It doesn't work on mine either. And like most folk I prefer to have control over the fan speed. Let's take the horse blinders off and use the peripheral vision.

5. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    So its a mixed bag in terms of stability and overclockabilty going wrong? I think i will pass on this one :/

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Faster drivers => better optimization => more GPU stress. I keep failing to understand why people expect performance boostes and the same overclocking limit as before with new drivers.

7. thug_angel

thug_angel Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470
    Well I guess that explains my higher temps..Still my gso already idles at 60 and with these drivers it took a 3c jump...

8. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    This is the first driver EVER that I haven't been ROCK SOLID with my OC on. Just a bit of a shock as its never happened before and 180.42 ran fine with my OC. The only reason I am not using them is because Farcry 2 refuses to play for more than 10 minutes on them, but everything else works out just great. Seeing as I highly doubt that there is a big difference between .42 and .43 I'll just leave this one to .43 being bugged for now and see what happens in the next set. After all they are beta (not that WHQL is ever any better with nVidia).

I'm not complaining I'm just stating whats going on for me to help out anyone else in the same situation. I am sure it is a problem with this specific set and not something that will persist in the future (hopefully).

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  9. Nuja

Nuja Guest

GPU:
    8800 GTS 512
    anyone tried this driver with the beta of cod5 waw ?

10. chukie

chukie New Member

GPU:
    pny geforce 8800 gts 512
    what about the PD progarm in tthe folder

ok .has anyone used winrar to extract these file to a folder to find an application called PD (performance driver) well i looked in add and remove but its not listed as installed so i ran the program and it now appears in add and remove .so i`m assuming that it doesnt get installed automaticlly if not why not and WHAT is it and WHAT does it do...anybody got any ideas:3eyes:

11. xdurus

xdurus Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 oc
    @Nuja, Works great so far with cod5 beta.I played for 2-3hrs with no problems all settings on high and resolution 1920x1200 ran smooth!

12. Nuja

Nuja Guest

GPU:
    8800 GTS 512
    k, ill try them, cause sometimes i get an error after loading the round map :/
    with forceware 178.13, a directx error, while my directx is up to date. (using 8800 gts 512)

13. edge_head

edge_head New Member

GPU:
    8800 GT
    Do i uninstall driver from the nVida control panel? if so i cant see where to do it.

Can some one point me in the right direction?

Thanks

14. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT

Control panel add/remove programmes, look for Nvidia drivers

Then also use driver sweeper for a fully unistall =)

15. specvtuner

specvtuner Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RADEON HD 5850
    Tried the 180.43 drivers with Far Cry2. Works almost flawlessly on DX9 at least, haven't tried DX10. Settings below. I tried these settings only, I did not have time to really mess around with them...

DirectX: Version 9
    Resolution: 1600x1050
    AA: 2x
    Details: ALL high

FPS seemed to be as smooth as silk except for one spot when I was wandering around on foot alone, seemed to come and go however. No slowdowns during critical firefights or cinemeas.

16. lil chris

lil chris Member Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor HD 7950PCS+
    edge i just clicked on display adapter in device manager in control panel and clicked roll back driver,worked ok for me

17. edge_head

edge_head New Member

GPU:
    8800 GT
    The roll back did not help me :(

I'm talking to nVidia customer support via e-mail at the moment i hope they can help me fix the problem.

18. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    FC2 Bench DX10 All Ultra High, 2xAA, 16xAF
    Min 30 Avg 50 Max 77

FC2 Bench DX10 All Ultra High. 2xAA. 16xAF
    Min 33 Avg 54 Max 95

Nice :)

19. TylerD004

TylerD004 Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon 5870 1GB
    WHAT!?! Far Cry 2 looks like GBA compared to Crysis! Crysis looks soooooooo much better than FC2!

20. bunbury79

bunbury79 Member

GPU:
    2 x eVGA 8800 GT SSC 512m
    I cant play Battlefield 2142 with 180.43, there are some errors playing..