The Guru3D Fallout 3 PC Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Sash, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'm in the completely same situation dude. I'm playing through FC2 and have Fallout 3 and Red Alert 3 in the post from play.com. I hope I finish FC2 before those 2 arrive... I still have Uncharted on PS3 that I haven't even unwrapped. Too many good games!

2. tmsmith

tmsmith Member Guru

GPU:
    2x VisionTek HD 4870 512M
    Unstable_Hero,

what are you using to monitor the ingame temp and FPS? Is it integrated into Fallout 3...? :3eyes:

3. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    you're absolutely right, this DRM crap has gone too far, paranoia is taking over, i was even asked in another thread why am i defending DRM (i wasn't really) but do i have to bash something that works fine for me and hasn't caused me a single problem? prolly not. ;)

4. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    Just spent about 3 hours with Fallout 3, freaking awesome!! The graphics were a lot better than I thought they would be, the screen shots here are way better looking than in the magazines or the sites. Story is good so far, I did enjoy the whole "life cycle" begining. Shooting stuff is a bit different than I had expected, but still very workable. I just need more time to get used to it. Runs great with no issues, Overall so far I say I will be spending sometime locked in my office. )

5. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280x2 SLI
    Well, I now have issues with the game.

Going into VATS absolutely destroys my framerate. Goes from constant 60 to 5 and becomes unplayable...

Great.

6. Exige245

Exige245 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT
    I can't seem to get past character creation :( I go from solid 75fps to super choppy like freeze for a second then jump to 10fps freeze for a second jump to 40 fps freeze for a second etc...it's really upsetting

7. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    This game in one word can best be describes as AWESOME.

It is exactly what I hoped it would be!

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    I think u played previous FALLOUTS right? and u say awesome..i didnt play previous FOs and i say AWESOME too :)

9. dmak

dmak Master Guru

GPU:
    zotac 770
    this is the best coded game I have played recently, just came off S:CS and
    original stalker, and before that crysis.... I finished them all, but hell they had
    some technical issues, this on the other hand, I forgot it was a pc game 0.o, I
    just set ultra (with 1680x1050) and went for it.

There use of vats is making me look forward to their next TES game, I cant
    wait :)

lol, just realized I have had this game for 24 hours, and have played it for
    9.42 hours (plus time for reloads) and somewhere in that time I also found
    time for sleep, eating, and a couple of classes.... hmmm

also, anyone come across the ripper? I love that weapon, I wish my melee
    skill was higher, oh well, its still rocks

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i cant make work my logitech Rumble Pad 2...Vista6bit..i have all drivers and programs for the game pad and had no problem with games..ahh sorry, BIOSHOCk also is not recognize my gamepad. in the options in devices, i can see my game pad buttons and i can assign buttons but the analog stick axis r not applied..i mean UP, DOWN,RIGHT, LEFT. and LOOK axis..any ideas? everything is uptodate including DX.

11. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Hello .

Two concerns! :

1. Is there any way to change font/ui size in game ? Its way too big, like 50% too big at least.

2. WARNING, FFDSHOW VideoCodes crashed game for me when i was starting it, had to disable ffdshow videocodec for F3.

12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    iv got problems with installing the game, it asks for a xlive.dll when i try to launch the game, would any1 be kind to upload it for me and PM me the link?

dunno if this is allowed to ask...

EDIT: nvm got it, downloaded Microsoft Games for Windows LIVE Redistribution and it works now!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  13. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    i don't know what to say about this game..it feels so lifeless..the graphics looks, pretty good, but there's something about it that i don't like, can't tell what it is..i think i wont be getting this, right now..

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    So true. Lifeless. Because it is after Armageddon. we cant expect to see people around the wasteland.and no grass, no flowers and forests of Oblivion.people r staying in the safe places..wasteland is dangerous.

Ahh if we talk about NPC facial gestures etc, not the BEST. but it game aims the head, and it hits every shot ;).

Q: But mr.bignoob. u flamed about Far Cry 2, and u dont say a bad word for F3..u nerd?
    A: yes iam nerd. thats another story. But here the point is: What is promised, what is given. FC2 promised alot. but i cant find them in the game. F3 is giving what u can expect from an FPS-RPG. of course my own opinion.

15. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    After few hours i can say it lives up to the hype! ITs simply an amazing game.

Disable VSYNC if you wanna have NORMAL fps.

Playing 1280x1024 4xAA 16XAF(was it 15 ?;o).

16. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    yes you're right..it's an apocalyptic game it should feel lifeless, my bad..:D..but still they didn't fix that feel that your character is from another game, when you play in third person camera(and the other npc's feel the same way when you look at them), so have to play in first person witch i kinda don't enjoy in rpg's..anyway, it's a good game, hope the game can offer me something that i can enjoy

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    There is no FAULT in this. u expressed ur idea. expectations may differ... that is just my opinion.

And game is DULL some times..expecialy NPC, but that doesnt kill what game gives..

18. philheckler

philheckler Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx470 SLI
    Is this a first person game or a third person game (or both) or can you play it either way ?

19. azri

azri Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX260 SP-216 OC
    guys how will this perform on my rig? using 1680x1050 resolution. q66@3.2ghz , 4gb ram and using msi 4850. how much fps will i expect?

20. KevKiev

KevKiev Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6970
    you can switch back and forth between 'em while you play

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.