The Guru3D Dead Space Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Unstable_Hero, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Adial

Adial Member Guru

GPU:
    AsusENGT 240
    my difficulty changed from hard to normal also:( i noticed there was WAY too much ammo around and enemies werent that chalenging , i am in chapter 3. i dont mind restarting to set it back to hard difficulty..but what if it happens again out of the blue :S

2. Djoums

Djoums Guest

GPU:
    Beat the game twice (love armor lvl6 :D).
    Dead Space reminds me all the good feelings I had with the first Resident Evil : creepy ambiance, tight inventory management, good story, great visuals, and some much gore... This game is a must have !

3. Miller

Miller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 660ti Signature FTW
    No difficulty coping with multiplie foes here (using a 360 controller too), it works fantastically. I guess to an extent it depends on what you're used to really

4. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Finished it last night, great game. The last boss could have been longer/more challenging, but it was still fun. Hopefully they'll make a sequel.

Remember to sit through the credits to get the bonus stuffs.

5. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    yeah i guess you're right.....

PS: Now at chapter 6:D

6. Adial

Adial Member Guru

GPU:
    AsusENGT 240
    so..no1 else has noticed his difficulty changing out of the blue? damn it..what could it be related too? OS maybe?[using vistax64]

7. dshramek

dshramek Guest

can you post some pics of you in your Military Armor?

8. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    yea this game is pretty wicked. I played a little bit of it earlier... haven't gotten very far, but it's pretty awesome. My only complaint is that the mouse feels a little sketchy. It feels exactly like in games where there is a "smooth mouse" option enabled. It's a little hard to control, but I still like it more than the 360 controller which I have also tried out a bit with my PC. Controller works great if you're into that kind of thing, but I prefer mouse and keyboard. Great game for sure though!

9. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi people just installed dead space and at maximum settings / 1920x1080 i get 46fps but with AA off ingame i get 40fps at the beginning of the game, also AA MAKES THE GAME LOOK ****

how do i force AA via ati as its not working

look here for comparison
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

10. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    What game to get? This or fallout 3? (The good and the bad) Is that correct? That deep space does not use AA?

11. rentalbrain

rentalbrain Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor HD 7950
    Adial,
    I definitely saw some people reporting the same problem somewhere(forgot which forum it was:p)so that is indeed how this game handles difficulty it seems.

Rumpus01,
    Try reducing "Max frames to render ahead" value in nvidia control panel from 3 to 1 that made my mouse control somewhat more responsive.

12. kgb_m3

kgb_m3 Master Guru

GPU:
    2 EVGA 260gtx 216 SSC SLi
    Got to the end of chapter 2 last night. Game is pretty fun when you're in a room with no lights and have your speakers up. Is there anyway to turn the AA on in the game? Slight jaggies are showing probably since it's a port. 360 controller is a must in this game, feels weird playing it on keyboard/rat. I don't know if it's just me but the game doesn't seem to bring anything new to the table, but at the same time there's something about it that keeps me wanting to play it.

13. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    nothing new in the horror section, yes you are right, but the game has a lot a new elements new, like the way the life, ammo, messages from crew members are shown plus the game keeps you tense all the way, in other horror games, after a while you can expect monster to come from a dark corner, or a vent, but here it's not all the time like this, i got killed once in a loby, with two vents on both sides, and the first time the little **** came from the vent in the right, loaded the game and when to the other vent and place my back so i could face the vent where that **** appeared, but the ****er camed from the other side this time..:D..damn it scared me..

it has a special atmosphere, that's new, it's been a long time since a very good game came out..seriously..this is one of them..
    i ain't rushing to finish this game..a chapter a day, keeps the bad dreams away..LOL:D..

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  14. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Wow , just started playing.
    Actualy this game is quite scary i must say... or i am a pussy :p.

15. Ekajaya"VaLvE"

Ekajaya"VaLvE" Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 770
    From in game graffiti "Know God, no fear. No God, know fear"

:D

16. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    Thanks, I just changed my value to 1. I've got some stuff to do, but i'll post back later and let you know if that helped me as well for future reference to others.

17. Adial

Adial Member Guru

GPU:
    AsusENGT 240
    so,after some googling i found out that its a bug of the game.

When u start at hard difficulty lets say..u play some, u save , u go to bed.the next time u start the game,if u choose "continue" from the main screen makes the game restore to normal difficulty.

i restarted playing at hard difficulty and have only been using "load game" not "continue" and its stick to hard,has not rolled back to normal

just a heads up,in case any1 faces the same problem

18. troop

troop Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX

Both. Fallout 3 will be a much longer to play game, though. Decide. :)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  19. kgb_m3

kgb_m3 Master Guru

GPU:
    2 EVGA 260gtx 216 SSC SLi
    I'll try to force AA in control panel but really it's not that big of a deal. Gonna finish the rest of the game on a actual 1080p lcd tv, sitting far away won't notice the jaggies.

20. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    This game looks and runs great and has a sort of RPG element to it with the upgrades and what not. Thanks for that mouse trick rentalbrain, that put it on the perfect level of sensitivity for me :)