The Guru3D Fallout 3 PC Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Sash, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    so you're infected with Starfarce, meh :rolleyes:

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    hell yeah i think. i will check it..but i didn't run the game without a crack..maybe it protected me..anyway...i think i will clean it with those guides on internet. and there is a official uninstaller as i saw.

Hard to resist..an i sck about patience.:bang:

3. RaoulDuke4413

RaoulDuke4413 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280 3gb
    I was thinking about getting this for one of the consoles, but I have too much history with this series not to get it on pc. Can't believe it's been so long, I remember playing the first one in my dorm room on a pentium 60 (30mhz below min. req.), the next door neighbor freaking out watching me cut some mutant's arm off with a smg heh. Going to wait until Friday to play it. Took my last week of vacation to play it properly. Yes, I have no life :nerd: . Hopefully my pc is up to the task. It is doing surprisingly well with Far Cry 2 so maybe it will do well with this as well. It is nice to have some good games to play (far cry 2, dead space, SH:H, now fallout 3). Seemed like there was a drought for a few months there.

4. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    I will be picking it up today sometime. Tried last night at 1:30am but seems that Wal-Mart only had the ps3/360 versions, total epic fail!(bastards)

5. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    the moment you installed the game starforce was installed, too bad. hope you clean your pc soon, the crack does nothing but avoid Starforce no protection or anything.

6. oka1992

oka1992 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    cant wait to play this game... pre ordered it off steam ^^

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    CRAP! :(

u talk like its some kind of virus man :D... u scared mr biggy..lol..

i will deal with it i hope..STEAM version comes with no sht like this i presume.

8. DougClayton4231

DougClayton4231 Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD3850/ NV 9800GTX+
    I bought it on steam yesterday and have to wait until i get off work to finally begin downloading the files. C'est mal, tres mal.

9. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    my copy has been shipped from play-asia already via UPS...hope i will receive it before the weekend XD

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    My copy's status on Play.com is "packing". If they post it today, I should have it on Thursday.

11. thales100

thales100 Master Guru

GPU:
    3-way SLI GTX 480
    My copy's status is "no money till thursday, so game wont arrive from UK before 15 days".

:(

12. bluemoogle

bluemoogle Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 260
    i'm out of town atm :( theres no point in buying it now until i get home. So? all the lucky ones, hows the performance? i've been dying to compare this to oblivion, even though it's the same engine. it's supposed to be improved.

13. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    in a way it is, but it won't destroy your files or anything, it can be completely harmless or quite dangerous because it may cause your OS to fail suddenly without warning, bsod, and much more, SF is too tied to your hardware and windows so it can be quite problematic hence why people want to boycott it, but so far don't worry if you made it this far.

a friend of mine was playing Colin Mcrae 2005 (includes Starforce) and his pc BSOD, one reboot later windows would not boot the HDD master boot sector failed, he managed to recover important files with a software and then had to reformat from scratch and he's not the only one, many people had this and worse.

as for STEAM, no it won't have this kind of DRM for sure. ;) or at least i hope.

my copy will be shipped boxed and will feature Securom drm which is fine.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  14. DougClayton4231

DougClayton4231 Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD3850/ NV 9800GTX+
    1 hour until I can start loading! I'm so excited!

15. tmsmith

tmsmith Member Guru

GPU:
    2x VisionTek HD 4870 512M
    Still awaiting reviews from the members here before I pick it up. :)

16. Unstable_Hero

Unstable_Hero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    So far this game is amazing, I cried a tiny tear when I saw the horizon for the first time.

graphics are much better than oblivions dreamy blotchy textures, the sound is good too. Games seems really deep, i just found a schematic to make a bomb out of junk found through out the wasteland.

17. KevKiev

KevKiev Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6970
    It's just become available on Steam - I'm downloading it now:)

18. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Play.com first refused to accept my login and now I'm still waiting to recieve new pasword information, might just order it from gamestation and hope it arrives by friday :(.

19. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Master Guru

GPU:
    Intergrated (for now)
    Mines in the post now. I'm hoping it comes before the official friday release day... although if it did there'd be a good chance of me playing so much I miss work for the last couple of days of the week. :S

20. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    wth mine says not release (canada) I just just just bought it, don't want to wait for download to start :(

EDIT: Steam forum says restart steam, that fixes it XD

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.