The Guru3D Far Cry 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Irish Pilot, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    Need help has anyone else seen the bug of not getting the AS50 off of the wall at the gun shop were you pickup your guns?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  2. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    eclap: i kinda have to disagree with you there on the whole Far Cry 2 being 10 times more fun than Assassins Creed. Then again... maybe you're not much of a fan of action/adventure games. Granted, the combat got kinda boring once you got the whole counter-kill thing.... but the freerunning was fun as hell. Main reason i can't wait for the game Damnation to come out this holiday season.

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop

Thanx for the combination for 1680*1050

And what is ur download speed? my is 400kb per second..and fastest for normal consumers in my country..and i pay nearly 50 euros for it..unlimited of course..but i know @ price, people get very very fast connection in other countried and this hurts me worse than anything..Turkish telekom cheats us very nicely.

4. CJ3D

CJ3D Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    Are you using AntiAliasing?

Gonna try 180.43 soon..

5. troop

troop Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX
    Yes. If those of you with 'savegame upon load crashing' had enabled AA,
    turn it off, then try to load the game.

For me, I could not load savegames any more, when I did the following:

2xAA (savegames loaded every time OK)
    4xAA (savegames loaded every time OK)
    8xAA (savegames crashed upon load)
    switching back to 4xAA or 2xAA did not solve the problem.
    Disabling AA let me load savegames again.

If this (disabling AA) alone does not fix it for you, just use the general
    display options to set the game to lowest possible settings (high?)
    and also switch on/off vsync. All the while trying to load your savegame
    again.
    After it does load up twice in succession, you can reset your former settings, but I'd advice against 8xAA for now. Needs some fixing there.
    (Patch)
    Also, it does make no difference, if you use ingame or Nhancer forced settings.
    IF you run an SLi setup, I'd suggest trying the above steps with SLi disabled, until game loads. Good luck! :)

6. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    there were times i was shooting at a jeep behind me, just to realize that there was another one ramming into me from the front...

7. TAViX

TAViX Member

GPU:
    MSI ATI HD 4870 X2
    Anyone has a sound problem in Vista x32 running an PCI Express X-Fi? Sometimes I got sound glitches and fps drops...

8. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    I don't want to go too far off-topic here, but have you heard of Mirror's Edge? Looks amazing.

9. oka1992

oka1992 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    i dont get one thing

if i do missions for different people... am i getting closer to the jackal? or is there a main mission path

10. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked

i had 1 drop out and none since then, with crysis i had many sound issues.

11. Pete1989

Pete1989 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4870
    i think its if you do missions for either of the factions then you get closer to the jackal (and the second map)

iv just started the second map - better than the 1st so far.

12. Cimmer

Cimmer New Member

GPU:
    8800 GT 512 mb
    Thank you, that was the reason :)

13. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    I agree I just got on the second map and so far I like it. I think it is better than the first one but I had a blast on the first map also!

14. esocid

esocid New Member

GPU:
    evga Geforce 8800gts 512
    bugs

I tried this with no luck, but the weird thing is I can start a new game (crashed on the jeep drive in with normal settings, but set all to low and it worked fine). I can load the new save fine with high settings, but not the old one, and I still have the med kit lockup. This is really frustrating.

15. tech}{nine

tech}{nine Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870
    I bought far cry 2 a couple of days ago, installed it and tried running it, the logo thing pops up for a second and then closes, im not sure why. Note my computer is run the game, check rig on left. Ive tried everything, reinstalled it couple times, updated drivers and software, i also deleted all of my virtual driver programs because people say securom blocks anything with the virtual drive. I emailed the support centre but they are taking too long to answer back. I really need some help!
    -Also i think i installed far cry more than 5 times and im not sure if the securom locked it

16. esocid

esocid New Member

GPU:
    evga Geforce 8800gts 512
    ok, so I resolved my med-kit crash issue. like most other people have said, drop your hardware acceleration. Only the no acceleration and basic acceleration settings have worked for me. Plus AA above 2x crashes the game.

17. CJ3D

CJ3D Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    Hmm my Auzentech Prelude XFi doesnt have a problem with FC2. Then again, Auzen make better drivers for the XFi chip than Creative themselves lol

18. Cliff Couser

Cliff Couser Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD7750
    The game is getting repetitive for me....but I can't seem to stop playing it. :D

19. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i just have a crappy old Audigy, and i haven't had any sound issues. i'm using the latest Audigy drivers from the creative site. i think there only a few months old.

20. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    even the ramdom crashes to desktop haven't put me off this game yet , i love it :p