The Guru3D Far Cry 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Irish Pilot, Oct 22, 2008.

1. yaleblor

yaleblor Guest

GPU:
    770gtx 2gb
    cimmer, do you have a desktop icon in that spot ? the black square looks to be the size of a desktop icon . in the games startup profile try disabling visual themes and desktop composition

2. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Another over-rated but not-so-good game?.... we shall see :p

3. usher

usher Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX280 superclocked
    I think maybe the game was altered & then rushed near the to the publishing date, that's possibly why some of the destruction physics content seen in early videos is missing, why it was removed is yet to be discovered,it either caused massive slowdowns or crashes & I don't think it would have been removed from PC simply because consoles couldn't handle it
    either.
    Maybe there will be a 'missing PC content' patch due out shortly :banana:

4. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load

5. Spaznick

Spaznick New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia geforce 8800gt 512
    Is it comin out for you tomorrow in the US? Lucky bastards

6. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    I agree.... My mistake was I bought it thru Steam, which means I cant return it... All in all, it looks nice, but at the end of the day its a complete borefest, a huge disappointment and a waste of my hard drive space.

7. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    yeah game-spot called me today to tell me it will be in the store tomorrow. i pre-ordered it 2 months ago.

8. sirrith

sirrith Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    Just a quick question... Why dont I see the "start editor" option when I go to the map community section? I'd like to try making some maps, but I cant even find the editor :( Is it a separate download?

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    its FC2Editor.exe in /Bin/

10. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
  12. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    SPOILERS:

What the hell is this game about? totally blew out my mind just moments ago when i got a job to kill one of the faction leaders and of course they didn't like it very much. then i got to choose if i want go help my buddies or some other people and i choose to help my buddies, not so easy and i died :D but then i wake up middle of nowhere and there is this huge sandstorm going on and i'm like wtf wtf, oh i have to find shelter okay... but at one point i collapse and next thing i notice i wake up in some "house" and the jackal is talking to me how everything is going to hell and i get a mission to do some **** then go meet some guys in the desert and then game loads and i get message saying objectives updated, i look at my map and WOAH i'm in totally new place : O

13. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Try this one:

X FOV: 1.31
    Y FOV: 1.253

14. sirrith

sirrith Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    ahh, got it, thanks!

15. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    Got this on the weekend, took over 24 hours to download from Steam :(

Thoroughly enjoying it so far. Can't wait to get som better weapons however, it seems the AI can shoot me from a lot further away than I can shoot them.

16. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    What? :eek:

I assume you don't have Dial-Up, do you? :p

I started downloading it a few minutes after it was released and ~ 1 1/2 hours later I was able to play it...

Steam's usually always very fast for me.

17. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280x2 SLI
    Same, STEAM downloads average like 800 for me personally. Although I know many people with speeds that change erratically.

18. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    Actually I have DSL with a connection of 4Mb.
    I live in New Zealand, my ISP is the local Steam cache however the Steam server went down and obviously FC2 was not cached locally when I went to download it. Normally if a game is cached locally I will get 200kbps+ through steam, however I was getting 20kbps at some points downloading FC2. Quite honestly the broadband situation in NZ is ****ed at the moment with too many people competing for limited bandwidth. We suffer from major bottlenecks during peak hours bringing most peoples broadband down to terrible speeds.

19. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Yeah, I heard that the first time a few weeks ago. I was actually pretty surprised that NZ (and Australia, too, iirc) are having those kind of limitations and expensive prices. Time for some more underwater Internet tubes to NZ. :p

20. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    I also think my new flatmate might have been torrenting at the time :p I might need to switch off the wireless and claim ignorance next time I have an important download on the go :nerd: