The Guru3D Far Cry 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Irish Pilot, Oct 22, 2008.

1. sirrith

sirrith Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    Yeah, I heard about the problems with predators, but I still think they should have included them. So far, I've only seen 4 zebras and a small herd of buffalo (I think they're buffalo?)... But I still really enjoy the game :)

2. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    yeah, ive read that too about the predators, mebbe if the land area is larger, it can still be implemented.
    I don't mind em spawning instantly though (the faction soldiers).

But indeed there should be more faction wars (like in the first part of the game where you get caught in the crossfire) like the Duty and Freedom faction in stalker hehe, but i guess there are no civillians knowing there is trouble in the land -_-

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    iam sure if game is MODDABLE like STALKER, game will ROCK!

4. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    Lions would be cool. This game already reminds me hugely of Boiling Point (not least because of all the bugs); BP had predators and they really added a lot, except for the insane snakes which would just chase you for ever. It was quite a moment when you'd be sneaking up on someone through the bushes, then out of nowhere a puma or jaguar would take your head off.

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    in STALKER animals r wild and they add value to the game..a challenge..i remember that once wild dogs company attacked to my 5 enemy and killed them lol..Dogs r ur best friend :D

6. CJ3D

CJ3D Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    lololol lions attacking militia outposts, nice! :p

I dunno about the FOV tool, I tried it, but the game CTD'd on the loading screen :(

I still find the game too zoomed, everything looks like you are looking through a guns eyesight, I am constantly having to move away from the screen to avoid eye strain. No other game does this!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  7. CJ3D

CJ3D Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    haha yeah taxis would be handy. I'd prefer a train you could jump on and travel through the map.

Not sure about Catching fish :p sitting on the wharf for hours just to replenish your health? It would be nice if your health slowly increased to max by itself over time, like in Stalker :)

8. CJ3D

CJ3D Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    argh hated that game, soooooooo many bugs, extremely unfinished! Gameplay was beyond terrible! It had great potential, but the devs stuffed it up big time :( shame

9. Eat The Rich

Eat The Rich Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX OC2 626/2000
    What's the best driver for my BFG 8800GTX OC2? I'm on Vista x64 and was wondering if there's a particular driver people recommend for Far Cry 2.

Thanks! :)

10. CJ3D

CJ3D Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    180.42 is a champion with my 8800GTS. Never crashed, never BSOD'd (WinXP).

The only problems are shadows, sometimes they are striped. And the occasional rock texture is stretched too much. But these issues could be bugs in the game, rather than a driver problem.

11. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    180.43 user here, no crashes so far, pretty stable game.

12. djjoseph

djjoseph New Member

what is the best setting for this game my 9600gt xxx edition/700/1000/1750 if i overclock it what is the best numbers for it??need help!!my processor is amd 64x2 dual core 4200+ 2.21ghz

13. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    yeah why are both factions in the same town?

also on every mision do they always have to give u an alternative its as if they started giving alternatives and thought they had to do it for almost every mission i mean come on predictable much?

also vehicles wheres the plane i read somewhere ages ago you could fly a propeller plane that would have been loads of fun

14. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    I found the hanglider, and it's useable too!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Edit: it seems imageshack resized my images because of the file size. oh well

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  15. IcemaN22

IcemaN22 Member Guru

GPU:
    Assus TUF 4090
    Hey guys. After i bought the Camosuit I noticed that I loose my damage much faster than before, is that soo ?

16. pcdude27

pcdude27 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GT 512mb
    I've tried a bunch of different drivers for both sound and video still getting the BSOD .. and I'll be damned if I go out and buy another sound card just to play this game when every other game i play works fine with it.

17. Adial

Adial Member Guru

GPU:
    AsusENGT 240
    no please dont do that,it aint worth it anyways!;p

18. Nemes1s

Nemes1s Master Guru

GPU:
    2x560Ti SLI ASUS + EVGA
    You have a pretty similar system to mine (I dont think performance will fluctuate much), so what settings are you running the game in? I am using 180.43, which seem to be doing ok.

19. pcdude27

pcdude27 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GT 512mb
    I agree .. if it was a game I really liked then I would but nahhh. lol

20. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Whenever I try to play FC2, if I kill a guy with the machine gun it will randomly make the games FPS jump to below 20 and whenever I turn in that direction again, it will make the FPS jump to below 20 when if I face behind me it is 50+.
    WTF?