GeForce 180.43 Beta released!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by BarryB, Oct 24, 2008.

1. junx

junx Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850
    application profiles broken on this set,cant force AA and vsync on my spore. :bang:

2. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    That all depends on what features are included in the "DX10" version. As far as I'm aware FC2 doesn't have anything additional except for some Anti-Aliasing features.

3. Scalarscience

Scalarscience Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX580 Classifie
    Sounds like overheating.

4. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I get short pauses while watching youtube videos now, not sure whether thats the driver or flash update doing it.

During overclocking if unstable these drivers would make all characters in css grey and textureless.

No other problems so far.

5. gouki2005

gouki2005 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 560 TI
    weird problem ..with this driver...if I choose quick load mi FPS drop a lot I mean is unplayable....so I go back to 178.24 is stable...

6. bhokuto

bhokuto Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R5670 HD 1GB DDR5
    tried NV System Tools 6.03, will not adjust fan. with these drivers on this BFG 9600GT OC.

But the good thing is this driver overlocks fantastically I was able to OC and not have anamolies but, when the temp hit 65C + the game crashed.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Crysis Warhead. These drivers worked great for this game, best so far.

Only problem is no ability to control the fan at all.

my opinion doesn't count, it may buy you a Bigmac at McD's but not at Burger King.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  7. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    wait till undwinder releases rivatuner 2.20 =), im actually working with low-level fan control, bcs i dont reach 60ÂșC.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=276779

8. RockMarc

RockMarc Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 275
    Everything fine here. Low-level Fan Control in RT works normally. 300 Extra-Points in Vantage-Benchmark. FarCry works fine.

Vista Ultimate 64 Bit

9. Venomsword

Venomsword Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Elite
    WinXP SP3 Pro 32bit: DV working good. Just finished Assassins Creed.Went smooth. Russian 3P shooter Collapse runs good too. Don't care of FarCry2 at the moment - have a ton shooters to play :) RT 2.11 low level fan control works well.:banana:

10. m4gg0t

m4gg0t Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop
    Fry Cry 2 crashes after a few hrs with these, but thats ok cos the performance is grate.

11. TheLG

TheLG New Member

GPU:
    XFX Nvidia 8800GTX 768 mb XT
    Is there any fix for the editor yet?

12. pdawg17

pdawg17 Guest

Link doesn't work anymore...somehow *******go inf does not work for my 7900gs...can you re-up yours somewhere?

13. lil chris

lil chris Member Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor HD 7950PCS+
    scalarscience.... put maybe my cards overheating.Thanks for input but that was my 1st thought so I checked imediately and it seemed ok,also doesnt crash with crysis so I still think its a bug.

14. Kakihara

Kakihara Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX (SLI)
    I don't know if they fixed it in those .43 but .42 had a serious problem with the gamma/digital vibrance settings.

Moving the gamma slider was maxing out the digital vibrance without the digital vibrance setting visibly moving.In short trying to set up your gamma was boosting colors to the max which is not normal at all.

So I had to move the gamma slider to what I wanted and then move the digital vibrance from 0 to 100 and then 0 again to remove it.
    Never had this before .42...dling .43 now.

15. DrWho

DrWho New Member

GPU:
    AMD 7850
    s-video

Hi

I am new to these forums :) I have downloaded and installed these drivers and game performance in farcry is great. I do have a problem when I activate my s-video output and clone the display on my monitor and tv. For some reason when watching videos the playback is choppy. Went back to 178.13 and all is fine again. Any suggestions on how to solve the problem?

16. bhokuto

bhokuto Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R5670 HD 1GB DDR5
    Black ice in Spain

Thanks, but how long does one wait? while my card heats up? because developers are lame..... especially publicaly "KnowN" who make and sell products to give garbage. hey test this but whoops, forgot to mention "no fan control" and for the thousands who do not notice or understand, Nvidia ends up with no liabilities because they do not actually make the cards. Oh, Nvidia you create the drivers and chips but
    the subs take the blame when the card roasts after a failed driver.:bang:

Also, what is the specs you have OC'd to on your card? part of it is not showing in your Profile on the left.:pc1:

17. bhokuto

bhokuto Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R5670 HD 1GB DDR5
    Kakihara,

Actually it looks like they are testing just game settings not the rest.

For the Developer:

Logical procession of thought for Elite Minded. Never send crap to the Massses, because your reputation does not remain constant with all. But rather you lose followers. And in this case $$$$ start to go to the other guys.

Second logical thought if above is true, your testing platform is not to the Masses but to those testbeds only. Thus you never lose your followers as long as your testers and testing is timely and precise.

Third logical thought, if above 1 and 2 are true, never take to heart any question as "stupid" because not all plants are equally equipped to handle information. Understanding and knowledge.

Summary: when people complain because that's what we do in general and in public, listen to the wise people and to ones who have even unseemingly stupid complaints because all teach you something vital.

18. scratch42069

scratch42069 Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 9600GT OC 512MB
  19. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    Just disable OC for a few days xP.

Its not that they disabled fan control, is that fan is controlled different way in 180 series xP.

Videocard: ASUS 9600GT (C750/S1950/M2200) that is xP

20. GFDuke

GFDuke Member

GPU:
    Radeon 5870 l
    I get BSOD crashes in FarCry and BF2 with these i had to roll back to the 178's. I'm running 8800gt's in SLI.