Forceware 180.42 is released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by rachradio, Oct 21, 2008.

1. E.J.Smith

E.J.Smith Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce Titan
    180.42 is still a bit too "beta" for my taste. However, the performance increases make me very optimistic about the final product. I;m sticking with 178.24 for time being.

2. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    bizarre!

ok so i cant run fan with evga prec tool or furmark it seems..

however 3dmarkvantage ran at 13098 and so far my temps in game dont get over 50 even with fan at 40 and a nice oc on the 260..

weird but looking good.

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Low-level controls are supposed to work with single selected display adapter by design. But nothing prevents you from selecting different device in the main tab and controlling its fan speed independently.

4. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Are you working on a new release of RivaTuner that supports the new Forceware? :)

5. Unwinder

6. dualloop

dualloop Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super 8GB
    Brilliant driver, actually works this time unlike the 180.10 alpha that was bugged.
    Every game i have tried works alot better.
    Looking forward to Far Cry 2 on Friday.
    I hope my 9800GX2 performs better than it does on Guru3d's benchmark.

7. tofuartist

tofuartist Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 480
    TO MAKE RV LOW-LEVEL FAN CONTROL WORK WITH SLI:
    In the target adapter dropdown, select the first monitor/card and change your low-level driver to 100% via direct control, OK, then select the 2nd monitor/card and repeat.

Done and done.

Works for me at least, XP 32.

8. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
  9. yuka

yuka Guest

GPU:
    9800gtx @ 820 / 1200
    where do i change the fan to 100% ? Can somebody please guide me to the setting i need to change, really thanks!

10. Unwinder

There are some reports telling that newly released NVIDIA System Tools v6.03 are able to control fan speed with 180.xx drivers but unable to do it for 178.xx drivers. Combining it with a fact that the previous NVIDIA System Tools v6.02 is able to control fan speed with 178.xx drivers but unable to do the same with 180.xx drivers I may conclude that there was fan speed interface change almost with 100% warranty. So driver-level fan control is still there, it is just changed a bit.

11. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    well i installed the new 180.42 on my 2nd pc (E8400 + 8800GTX + nForce), was previously using the 178.13 whql.

all i can say is WOW, those drivers got like the best IQ i've ever seen from nvidia since the 6800 days, epic and performance is great, tried Crysis Warhead for a spin and it was better, obviously i do not use that pc for gaming but it was worth a try.

1 round of F.E.A.R Combat confirmed the IQ and Performance.

even though i'm now using an ATI card, i have to congratulate nvidia. great drivers indeed. everything tested on WinXP 64.

12. yuka

yuka Guest

GPU:
    9800gtx @ 820 / 1200
    unwinder, thank you for reply, but can you please help me i wanna use my fan @ 100% how can i do it? install that system tool or what?

13. Unwinder

There is also experimental low-level fan control cloning feature hidden in RT. It was initially developed for Crossfire systems but SLI users can try to use it too to control both fans simultaneously. To enable it open PowerUser tab, expand RivaTuner \ fan node, set EnableFanControlCloning to 1 and restart RT. When cloning mode is enabled RivaTuner should copy the same low-level fan settings to all similar display adapters installed in the system.

14. Unwinder

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=2882047&postcount=2

Pay attention to the last sentence. With such hardware you're out of luck, sorry.

15. yuka

yuka Guest

GPU:
    9800gtx @ 820 / 1200
    Oh noess ;( So i need to go back to some old drivers god damn

16. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I have the same problem. Geforce 8800GTX Vista 64bit, will try on my main Gaming PC with two ATI cards and see what happens, hopefully it will run better on that one. :)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  17. ragtag

ragtag Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 SLI
    Same problem here. And i just checked the FC2 forums and there are alot of people with the same problem. Looks like the driver optimized for FC2 doesn't work with the game. GREAT WORK NVIDIA :biggun::bang::bang::bang:

18. me3850

me3850 Member Guru

GPU:
    Msi Gtx 970 Gaming 4G
    yep...

19. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Ok, so you just have to find the changes! :D

Anyway, if I install the nvidia system tools i'll be (finally) able to control the fan?

Just one more thing: I asked previously if the automatic fan control works well, do you know anything about that? Specifically, if the rpm of the fan rise when the temperature is higher...

I noticed that with driver releases before 178.24 I was able to keep the shaders on 1512MHz without artifacts, now sometimes they appear, but only once or twice when I'm playing (they are white and grey boxes over the textures)... To avoid this I have to set them to 1458MHz...

20. Unwinder

Try it and let us know. I'm not a big fan of NVIDIA System Tools (formely known as nTune) ;)

Sure, it sould work just like before. You just lost an ability to override fan control, there are no changes in automatic fan control (which is enabled by default).