RivaTuner v2.20 on the way, major changes are coming with new version

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Sep 25, 2008.

1. VectorRoll

VectorRoll Active Member

GPU:
    2 @ EVGA/8800GTS/640MB
    No problem. I was just wondering.

I do have to say that the OSD server is a great peace of work. I like it a lot.

2. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Was testing 220 test 2 vs 208 (sorry, never upgraded to 211 in Win XP). Anyway, the tooltip gets hidden behind the taskbar in both version making it a bit harder to test. It does it with all my tray icons after starting and restarting different versions of RT. Thoughts?

It looks like 220 reads both GPU0 and 1 as the same temp. Where as 208 reads them about 7 deg apart. On both versions, GPU0 is the same. 7 degrees difference seems normal to me since GPU0 has a water block and GPU1 has a fan which is located in the lower slot.

3. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    Btw, now with 180.xx out, will 2.20 include driver-level fan control for em? (nvidia cards)

Again, great work anyways xP.

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Sounds like 2.20 bug for me. Please ensure that both graphs use the same providers on both versions. If they are the same - let's try to debug it distantly, I'll send you special logged build of v2.20.

5. Unwinder

No ideas, I've not explored 180.xx internals yet and cannot say how serious are changes. There are some chances driver-level that fan control is removed (locked) completely in these drivers, not just changed.

6. Unwinder

Marc, does it apply to your XP system too? If yes then it looks like I've nailed down the problem source.

7. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    I've installed nVidia System Tools 6.03: with this software and 180.42 drivers is possible to manually set the speed of the fan.

a guy posted this on driver's thread, so it seems they have fan control.

Well, it doesnt seem easy to do, and SLI seems to have more priority, so just waiting here ill try to find another ways xP.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  8. Unwinder

Hehe... It was much easier than I expected. I've just returned to home from office and finished implementing driver-level fan control for 180.xx family in RivaTuner v2.20 in less than half of hour. I'm testing it on all my home PCs under different OSes right now then we'll closely test it hard with beta-testers team. Then the code will migrate to EVGA Precision. So you'll get old good driver-level fan control in RivaTuner v2.20 and EVGA Precision v1.3.3 soon. Just have a bit of patience, solution is on the way.

9. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    Woa great work, waiting it now =).

Thanks again xP.

10. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Great. Can't wait. Thanks, Unwinder. :thumbup:

11. mumakil

mumakil Member

GPU:
    evga GeForce 9800 GTX
    Thanks for the great news! For now I'll stick to latest WHQL drivers in order to avoid burning up my 9800 GTX. Your utilities are awesome!:)

12. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    220 and 208 installed in XP. Temp difference shows.

220 in V64 shows GPU0 and 1 "correctly" (or like 208 does in XP) with about a 7 deg. difference. I only have 220 in V64 installed.

Looks like 32 bit correction needed.

13. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    I missed this post. It's late, let me check it tomorrow nite. On my laptop now, can't check it.

14. blurp33

blurp33 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Unwinder, u are Da man. Thanks for your devotion in developing such a powerful tool.

15. Unwinder

That's not 32-bit related issue, that's Vista vs XP issue. The problem was in XP specific codepath and I hope that I've fixed it. Expect new new beta soon.

16. Unwinder

Marc, v2.20 test build 3 has been sent. Please check if it fixes SLI temperature monitoring under XP. Driver-level fan control for 180.xx family is also available in this build.

17. yuka

yuka Guest

GPU:
    9800gtx @ 820 / 1200
    Hey unwinder ;) Could i help test? I dont have sli but, i would sure like to test new fan control or anything else you need for xp 32bit.

18. Unwinder

Sorry, no.

19. mumakil

mumakil Member

GPU:
    evga GeForce 9800 GTX
    Hey Yuka, how are you! You said yourself on another thread that you are a very 'anxious' person... The quote above proves that you are indeed!

Let Unwinder do his job in peace, and sooner than you think his updated tools will be available, and we (9800 GTX Owners) will be able to use the 180 series with driver-level fan control...

Just a joke/poke, no hard feelings, hum?

Cheers!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  20. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    208 Data provider is the same on both cards which was grayed out "default".

On 220, there is 4 options, tried all 4 making them equal on both cards did not make a difference. Meaning GPU0 & 1 have = temps.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008