The Guru3D Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Novacaine, Sep 18, 2008.

1. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Yeah Im not even sure which I like best. I just created a shaman on a different server and I'm quite enjoying being a healer... which is unusual because in other MMOs healing was a chore as opposed to actually FUN.

2. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    As a runepriest the class I hate to fight the most is a shammy :) .

The shaman and Blade master are the two classes I've noticed making the most difference in RVR (other than runepriests). A good magus can screw my team up if we don't have enough ranged DPS to knock him down fast.

anyway I've rerolled on vortex from brettonia, still an advantage destruction server. However the order side on brettonia is practically deserted, I have trouble finding a PQ group anywhere except empire.

My advice to all new order players is to roll on a high pop but non Q server after watching a day or two in primetime. Medium population can actually mean low in PVE thanks to Scenarios.

3. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    I've got a level 26 Chaos Zealot now and RvR Bright Wizard's forced me to roll a High Elf Sorceress ;) which is currently on level 11.

4. anticitizen013

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Bright Wizards are awesome. I'm having so much fun with this game I made yet another character, a Dwarf Ironbreaker. My guild needs tanks anyways so I figured Id step up as I usually end up being the tank anyways. Having said that I wish they kept in Knights of the Blazing Sun. Bah! :p

5. freeZ

freeZ Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670 PE
    Currently playing on Phoenix Throne but don't RP. Any recommended servers and hopefully non zerg guilds?

6. kRze

kRze Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 280 SSC|24" Dell
    I play on Praag.. I think its called (open RvR). No problems there!

7. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    So it seems that this game is mainly PvP/RvR, not PvE?

8. kRze

kRze Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 280 SSC|24" Dell
    Its definitely built around PvP/RvR, you get so much more XP just BGing.

9. anticitizen013

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    If you want story, definitely PvE... the quests are very well written (except for some of the elf quests saying "my dark kin" or something of that nature every frickin paragraph). Public Quests and Scenarios (battlegrounds, essentially) are the way to go for levelling and gear.

Thats not to say you cant level while doing PvE, its just easier to do it when RvRing. Personally I would do both... PvE while waiting for a scenario and then kick some ass in that :)

10. Novacaine

Novacaine Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 780 3GB
    I finally got the game up and running. My friend started on Wurtbad (OpenRvR), so I thought, 'Might as well join him'.

Resolution is 1024x768
    Everything Max
    forced 4xAA

[​IMG]

11. Loki91

Loki91 Guest

GPU:
    nVIDIA 8800GTS 512MB @670
    A question for the WARgurus:

How's the balance? So I hear that brightwizards are strong, or that some healers effectively act like tanks, but how's the realm vs. realm balance? i.e., are realm populations (on your server or otherwise) balanced? Are certain races gimped when fighting against their pairing because they're missing some classes (e.g. Empire vs. Chaos, given that Empire has no direct tank-class)?

I'm all about balance when it comes to MMOs, and I've been looking forward to this game for ages, but a PvP-oriented MMO without balance is not acceptable IMO.

12. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC

You already got to lvl 20 and got a mount ???????
    Im only lvl 17 WP and lvl 13 Shadow Warrior....

I hear a mount costs 20,000 Gold ... WTF !
    I need to start crafting ASAP !

13. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    I sooooo much want to get this game! I dare not buy it, I remember the amount of hours I spent playing the Baldurs Gate series! Endless hours late in to the night, Mrs shouting at me at 4.30am! I would love to play a game like this again! I just can't to much work on! Argh!

14. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    The whole class balance thing here works a bit differently then in WoW for example. This game doesnt revolve around 1v1 encounters or small encounters, its all about sticking together in pvp and working as a team wich surprisingly works quite nicely. If you're thinking of making some badass melee dps character and going alone against single or multiple opponents and coming out of it as the victor, then dont come into WAR cos all you'll find is misery.

Realm populations are turning out to be just as i predicted, all the pvp'ers from WoW are going on destruction side, thinking that destruction will be like horde in WoW and this naturally means more useless idiots running around there who have no idea of teamwork. This also means that on almost every server destruction is highly populated whereas theres fewer players on order side so picking order is the way to go, the players from what ive seen so far seem a bit smarter and the queues to pvp scenarios are very short when compared to destruction.

Finally to answer the pairings question, you're not forced to stick to a single pairing, you can mix them up by flying between zones and you can play the scenarios in all 3 pairings wich is what a lot of people do so there always tends to be tanks and healers of some sort around but so far the dwarfs vs greenskins and humans vs chaos pairings have proved to be the most popular.

@Tekkmarine

Dude... You've been punk'd, mounts only cost 15 gold :p

15. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Is there any trial out?

I dont want buy that game without trying it first since I dislike most MMORPG's.

16. freeZ

freeZ Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670 PE
    20,000? More like 15 gold.

17. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 460 GTX
    Has anybody tried the 178.13 on 8600gt SLi? Is it a keeper? If so what are your global settings? Does running in windowed mode kill 10 fps like WOW does? Does SLi even work yet, or should i just run it single gpu? I know so many questions, and its only been live a week.

18. Loki91

Loki91 Guest

GPU:
    nVIDIA 8800GTS 512MB @670
    I realize that you can jump between pairings... but when the heat's on (on 2 or more fronts), people will tend to gravitate to fight on their own turf first. That's why I find it at least important (if not imperative) that a race be able to stand on its own two legs.

Fave thing about WAR so far?

19. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
    This game by far is the best out defiantly worth buying i hear there allready making an expansion so far the word is undead and skaven hopefully maybe the vampire counts will be in there to Chaos rocks the empire is meh

20. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    What ports does this game use?