The Guru3D S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by RemCo, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Wow its hard for me to keep up with this thread because of all the post, I take one day off and had to read 6 pages to get back up to date, lol! I had mentioned something earlier about getting graphical anomolies, well I just got Warhead and I'm unfortunately getting somewhat similar problems in that game. This leads me to think its not just Clear Skies that is causing my problems but a driver or stability issues. There was another member who posted that he had very similar problems to mine, well like him my game will also crash within a couple minutes of these graphical anomolies happening?

I'm still trying hard to not get very far in the game because I'd like to wait until this next patch comes out (by the way thanks to the member who posted the new patch information)! It sounds like this patch will be quite thorough and should go along way in helping with bugs and stability.

Year - I'm glad your getting such great FSP and enjoy the looks of the game, it truly is beautiful! How far have you gone on the game so far? With that said have you experienced any problems or bugs like many of us have? Thanks

2. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690

yee the game is really good, as far as problems.. well a couple of flashing wall paintings hanged on the wall but that was it, played for some time and haven't noticed a thing.

i'm using XP 64bit btw and 8.8 catalysts.

3. litote

litote New Member

GPU:
    8800gt
    about a earlier issue discussed 2 pages ago: i.e. health dropping suddenly and continuously:

i believe this has to do with the new radiation system. sometimes you only have to stay a few second in a radiated zone ( water in the swamp, for ex.) to be poisoned. this fact (poisoning) is NOT evident, because there is no permanent warning: radiation icons only pop ups and go away according to where you stay... unlike in the previous stalker, where it stayed as long as you were under radiation effect ( i think...)

thus, there is no other indication of your poisoning than the health bar slowly decreasing...

remember to check the geiger counter, not only the warning icons. ( a bit bothersome though , but more realistic nonetheless)

cheers

edit:actually there is a sign for ongoing poisoning, its a red marker on the geiger , he depletes himself after some vodka or anti rad.

no bip bip bip this time....

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  4. Deathspank

Deathspank Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    people that are getting radiation drain i bet its cus your waering and artifact that iradiates you. check your artifacts.

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    yes Dx9 man. ur issue is DX10? sorry for misunderstanding.

Deathspank: no articat on me man. and now i have no problem @ all since days.

By the way . my quicksave file is corrupted i guess because iam getting script error and crash to dektop too. and let me tell u that i was quicksaved after 50 minutes :.(. 50 minute wasted badly. but iam looking @ the brightside. i didnt made any quests :). and my New 8400 CPU makes game better than my old 6550..yeah baby. now i can run the game @ 1680*1050 DX9 mode.a 4870 is the secondstep.

6. RemCo

RemCo Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 512MB
    Congrats with your new E8400,look at my profile and see what I got myself today:banana:

Performance is almost the same as my E6300 at 3.4Ghz but I need a program that can show me the cores on screen like EVGA precision tool can with the GPU.
    Clear Sky only uses one core and I found this,
    ,to activate the other core.

It is needed by every start up of the game and people are reporting fps improvements by doing it.

7. Norvegia

Norvegia Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 460 1Gb
    No, no, my problems are with DX9; I guess I'll have to upgrade my drivers to have it working.

Thanx again ;)

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Thanx for headsup Remco.

Norvegia, i hope u wil ldeal with ur problem :). See u around.

EDIT: Remco u got ur 8400 today too? Cool man. Cheers. and it runs q 4.2? HOW THE ? :p

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  9. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Whoa, Im getting 1 FPS. XP or Vista. Ive tried the Alt-Tab affinity trick and no dice.

Specs in sig, all newest drivers.

E

Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
  10. Deathspank

Deathspank Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    yeah man the 8400 rocks, clock it to 4GHz it will love it.

11. Deathspank

Deathspank Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    doesnt work for me, taskmanager only reporting 1 core being used.

12. adam watts

adam watts Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 640MB
    My game keeps crashing anytime I try to travel back to the swamps. I'm sick of the game having glitches and issues. I love the game play and atmosphere but I its to the point where the glitches and crashes prevent me from actually playing it now. By the way running 1.5.04 patch

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Game is using my 2 cores.

And i am DOOMED. i dont know what is problem. iam with FREEDOM and trying get ANTENNAS from enemy. in the Factory section we were attakcing the enemy. i throw a grenade to roof and kileld the enemy. after that my NPC friends said roof is clear move. and i pressed F5 to a quick save. after my quick save my FREEDOM friends started to accatk me. WTF. i re quickload the game but they r attacking me. since 40 minutes i was keep quicksave so all overwritten. WHY THEY ATTACK ME. did i wrongly grenade 1 of them in the roof? is it possbile? do they TURN agianst u that easy? HELP. see u tomorow now i have to sleep.

14. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Game runs perfectly for me, never drop low on FPS with DX10 + Max Settings + 1680x1050 and latest patch.. have had a few bugs here and there and am VERY ANNOYED with the way the AI pushes you around. I'm about to enter the "dark forest"... ooo scary :p.

PS, I am using a mod that supposedly makes the game look better and run better. So far, it does exactly what it says. Increased FPS at least 10+, and looks a bit better (blur mostly)

15. spike21

spike21 Member Guru

GPU:
    7970CF 16@2133mhz
    'S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky' v1.5.05 Patch Coming Next Week - Details S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky is a survival FPS game based on a 'what-if' scenario of the second Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant accident. The game is created as a warning to mankind against mindless play with technologies. GSC World is working on a new v1.5.05 patch, expected to be released next week Friday.
    http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=55928 I stopped playing utill the serious bugs are fixed..

16. Nalike

Nalike New Member

GPU:
    XfX 9800 GTX
    Guys tell me if this game can use all four cores of a quad core ?? or like same old S.T.A.L.K.E.R ... runing on single core even after applying patchs :S

17. evilfury

evilfury Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX Gaming X
    What to turn off to get better performance without leak on quality?

18. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    The Clear Sky TweakGuide by Koroush Ghazi

In brief:
    • Sun Rays / Shafts (turning them off altogether will net you by far the best performance without having to sacrifice other settings.)
    • Sun Quality (Koroush claims turning this setting down should increase FPS, but I noticed no difference whatsoever in going from High to Low.)
    • Lighting Distance (This might net you like 1-2 FPS more in some scenarios, but IMO it's not worth it.)
    • Anti-aliasing (Turn it off and use a higher resolution to compensate if you must. Useless performance drain.)

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    First of all:

*Game uses my DUAL CORES. i dont need to setup anything. i use steam version
    *Kolt: share that mod here or i swear i will fly there and find u and steal ur gaming PC while u were in ur sweetest dreams of sleep. :p
    * Evilfury: after getting CPU E8400(i had E6550), now i run max with 1680*1050. BUT; iam not pleased some performance drops. what did i do? decreased view distance 1 slide and i gave me 7 FPS increase. BAD? No! Good? INDEED!. And as decane said: Do all of them. u wont loose alot. Better than not playing DX9 normal Lightening.

20. n1hilist

n1hilist Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Is anyone getting crashes to desktop with these errors in your stalker log?

Code:
    ! [LUA][ERROR] ERROR: There is no task with entity_id 192

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression    : fatal error
    [error]Function      : CScriptEngine::lua_error
    [error]File          : E:\priquel\sources\engine\xrServerEntities\script_engine.cpp
    [error]Line          : 180
    [error]Description   : <no expression>
    [error]Arguments     : LUA error: d:\games\stalker2\gamedata\scripts\_g.script:975: bad argument #2 to 'format' (string expected, got nil)

stack trace:

Tearing my hair out.

STALKER CS, 1.5.0.4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.