GeForce Forceware 177.98 XP | Vista

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by marantz69, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Slabbomeat

Slabbomeat New Member

GPU:
    Zotac 9800GTX AMP SLI
    WoW frame rates dropped from 120+ to the 30's with these new drivers installed. (1920 x 1200 all settings maxed)

Single card no SLI.

2. scratch42069

scratch42069 Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 9600GT OC 512MB
    I installed 177.98 on my second machine and it's experiencing the DV glitch.

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (Venice) (skt 939)
    Gigabyte GA-K8N51PVMT-9 (nForce 430 chipset w/ onboard GeForce 6150)
    GeForce 8600GT
    4x512MB DDR PC3200
    Enermax NoiseTaker 420w
    Windows Vista SP1

My main machine still doesn't have the DV glitch though.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  3. Nuja

Nuja Guest

GPU:
    8800 GTS 512
    Hi,
    i installed (yesterday) those drivers as usual (no problem so far with my previous installations), then this morning when I booted my computer, all the colors were flashy Oo while yesterday it was not, anyone know what is causing this ? (for now i installed 177.92, no flashy colors for now)

4. BendakBR

BendakBR Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GTX XXX edition uc
    Well since 177.89 i cant run Grid, it´s just stay frozen @ the black screen with the racedriver grid logo in the opening, tryed everything and still no good.

If i place it in compatibility mode with win98 it runs but my profile is wont load that way.

Besides that, everything runs smooth and i have no problem with DV at all. After a few restarts it´s still in the 30% where i set it since last year.

5. david85

david85 Active Member

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RADEON 4870X2
    bad bad driver for me, also got the DV 100% bug at startup...

im back to 177.79.

6. Vassilis_X

Vassilis_X New Member

GPU:
    Asus 8800GTX
    hi to all.. I installed the 177.98 drivers for my asus 8800gtx but i cannot see any Psysx icon in control panel.. what is the problem??? plz help!!

7. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT

they dont include physx, download physx standalone or install it from 177.92 files

they are just another pack of leaked drivers, dont try to tweak registry, new pack will come before you finish :p!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  8. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Welcome to Guru3D, Vassilis_X! :D

I assume you have Vista x64? Open the Control Panel and click on "View 32-bit Control Panel Items"... ;)

p.s.: Never mind. I see that you added your OS in your profile and you have XP 32-bit, so my post can be disregarded. ;)

9. jupitersj

jupitersj Member

GPU:
    XFX 9800GTX Black Edition
    I can't speak for the 280gtx owners(though many people run multiple instances of WoW on one machine), but even a 4gig e8400@4ghz with an xfx 9800gtx black edition overclocked even farther can get slowdowns in WoW.

Normally it's 150-500fps but when you use the console commands to up the view distance and flora+fauna, change culling, turn on real world lighting, etc it'll dip down to 30-40fps in some areas, parts of hillsbrad, barrens, forests, especially places like Shat.

/console farclip 783
    /console horizonfarclip 6267
    /console groundeffectdensity 256
    /console groundeffectdist 140
    /console smallcull 0
    /console skycloudlod 3
    /console characterambient
    /console detaildoodadalpha 100

then I turn off all af/mipmap/etc optimisations in nvcontrol panel, plus use 16af, 8xAA, Supersampling transparency AA. I hate tearing so I use vsync + force triple buffering with D3D Overrider and still below 60fps on an LCD bothers me greatly. I miss CRT =(

Here is a video that will show you what some the commands can achieve

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrJjwY59jts

and a site with some more

http://blog.danielgovier.com/?page_id=362

The commands are a little out of date in the video, they are higher now(and even higher in Wotlk).

I'm running in 1680x1050 ...I can imagine it dipping even more in 1920wide(or whatever the 16:10 equivalent is).

10. digital demon

digital demon Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC
    Benchmarks down across the board. Back to the 177.92's.

11. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    I noticed the DV problem as well, I set it to 33% and it boots up at 100%. Then again, its all your fault, I never paid attention to it until yesterday. So, like a curious cat, I decided to see what it can do. Not really a big deal to set it back though. I hope you all realize that I'm being facetious in the blame game. :lol:

12. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    100% DV at startup.

But I noticed more stable fps during WiC @ 1650 with x16 af and x16 csaa during dx10.

Though for some reason I have lost over 10 average FPS during WIC bench since I installed 177.92 from 177.83, no idea why ( both set at highest quality ), it isn't noticeable ( except from fps drops in WiC with 177.92 ) but still a mayor decrease, and my max fps droped from 120 to 67 ( still not noticeable ).

13. RemCo

RemCo Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 512MB
    I just installed these drivers and Clear Sky is running well with these and DV works.
    I am on Vista 64.

14. GamingTillDie

GamingTillDie Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 470 SOC
    This Set is Garbage:puke2:. OK, 2D Mode is working, but after restarting my eyes are flashed because of DV:nerd:. If you use DV, please delete this set:biggun:.

15. Geebs

Geebs Member

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX260+
    Vista x64 here, 100% DV on startup as well, although I can set to 0% without any issue, I just have to do it after every reboot.

16. Alcom

Alcom Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD 5850 1gb
    I didn't realize all the trouble with DV: I'll have to investigate that. Performance-wise, these turned out to be clearly better than 177.92 according to my Unreal Tournamnet 3 benchmarks. If 177.92 is bad for some of you 79xx owners, 177.98 is worth a try I'd say. Sheesh, I'm like the only in the last 20 posts with a 7 series GPU. Time for me to upgrade?

17. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    These force you to use DV even if you didn't use it before, so delete them anyway. Yeah it's not stuck at 100% but changing it after every reboot is annoying.

I think Nvidia did this on purpose as part of the quest to figure out why some people have DV problems with certain drivers and others don't.

Well Nvidia, you nailed it with these.....

18. scratch42069

scratch42069 Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 9600GT OC 512MB
    I find it weird that my nForce4 AMD system doesn't have the DV glitch yet my nForce 430 system does. I hope Nvidia are close to figuring it out because I'm lost lol.

19. mandex

mandex Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770

I would be today with and amd atlhon 3200+ 7900gs today if my mobo didn't stop working. You should be fine lol

20. Daemon785

Daemon785 Master Guru

GPU:
    Diamond HD 5870
    Unreal tournament 3 seems alot smoother and higher fps, but iv lost some in Lost Planet. all other games i play, grid included, play about the same. seems more stable tho, no driver stopped responding bug. and i can set my dv to 50% and it stays there, even after reboot. keeping these till the next driver, which shouldnt be too long knowing nvidia :rolleyes:

:edit: i almost forgot, Hellgate London is more playable in DX10 with these, tho not quite FULLY playable. keeping fingers crossed for next set