TJ07 Dual Loop SLI Project!

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by MikeMK, Oct 27, 2007.

1. heads_up

heads_up Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB
    Man I haven't posted in so long but I saw this thread and just had to comment.

Mike man, amazing work as always can't wait to see some benchies on this baby!

2. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Thanks mate... heres a pic of my EK mounted on the X2... its all installed now, will post some pics tomorrow all being well :)

[​IMG]

3. crazyred98

crazyred98 New Member

nice i want to make love to it.:banana::banana::banana: jk

4. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    ehhh uhhh uhhhhh.....interesting......

5. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Its all finished!!! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Infiniti3D

Infiniti3D Master Guru

GPU:
    8800 Ultra H²0
    Great job man, very clean looks! You must be a patient person to work on a system like that! Did you like stepping up to ATI after being pretty long with NV?

7. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Thanks mate... ive had ATI cards before... the last time I had ATI was my X1900XT's in crossfire which was a great setup at the time. Quite nice to have a change and switch back though, after being with nv for the last couple of years :)

8. Infiniti3D

Infiniti3D Master Guru

GPU:
    8800 Ultra H²0
    Wel i'am on nvidia at the moment and building my system to the symbiose.
    Watercooling everything, the hardware is changeing every week to fit the case. Currently i'am on a P5N-t Deluxe after lots of trouble with a striker 680i and even a striker II 780i, i decide to step away from the strikers and all the bugs they have. The P5N-T is very stable and is completely different from the striker II. Altough, the chipset is the same ofcourse.
    For the people who like SLI i can recommend the P5N-T. Sound is not great i must say! But you can always put a addon PCI card in.

I need to do the north and south bridge, and Tri SLI watercooling then the my build is complete!
    Why didn't you do the soutbridge Mike?

9. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Because it really isnt worth it... even when priming etc, it doesnt go above 45 degrees. All watercooling it would do is add extra heat and restriction to the loop, heating up the NB & CPU, for no real gain (infact it may have a negative impact on what the CPU/NB can do).

10. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    That is a work of art!

11. Jagman

Jagman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    16GB RX6800
    Yea Mike, the Tate Gallery in London should exhibit it, stunning :cool:

12. Infiniti3D

Infiniti3D Master Guru

GPU:
    8800 Ultra H²0
    Ik looks like a Tiffany's glas and copper window, real piece of art!

I was wondering Mike if the hose that runs from the CPU to the Northbridge is
    applying stress on the waterblock couse of the short bend, i mean those hoses always tend to go back horizontal. Is there i way you can make such short hoses to stay in that bend position, applying heat from a hairdryer for example? I'am having problems becouse there are several hoses in my system that make such tight turns.I do the mosfets also, it looks great ,with so many hoses you cant see its a MB!
    I post some pics.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  13. Infiniti3D

Infiniti3D Master Guru

GPU:
    8800 Ultra H²0
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Here is a screenshot of the temps after a 3Dmark run on my system, with two 8800GTX in SLI. For the temp freaks...

Sorry for double post.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  14. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    MAD-OGRE & Jagman - Not sure about an Art gallery, but i was considering submitting it for rig of the month ;)

Infiniti3D - The hose is fine from the CPU block to NB, not really any problem at all - I use tygon tubing btw, which is pretty flexible. If u are still worried, using some spiral wrap here might help too:

http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=38&osCsid=7r4obrv1j79dabpukamohhkck4

Oh, and u mentioned about the mosfets too - tbh, i wouldnt really bother with those either. I have mine under thermalright heatsinks and they never go much above 35 degrees which is plenty good enough, as i mentioned about the SB block, all it does is add heat and un necessary complexity to the loop.

Not quite sure what is wrong with your GPU temps?

15. bLinkZor

bLinkZor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW SLI
    DAMN MIKE!!! looking crazy bro.

16. Infiniti3D

Infiniti3D Master Guru

GPU:
    8800 Ultra H²0
    For the screenshot, it was taken after a single 3dmark06 run.
    I think you mean my CPU temp? It's that temp probe bug in the wolfsdale that causing huge differences in tempreading. Before WC core0 was 79C and core1 58C !! GPU temps looks fine to me, both cores on the GFX were high seventy's on air. Whatever i try i cant get them over fifty's degrees C.
    I know there is a few degC difference in the GPU temps but thats becouse they are in the same loop, thinking what would happen when i add that third 8800. Maybe i loop the water trough a small rad before it enters the GPU's.Hehe....less flow

17. d1fferent

d1fferent Maha Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Yeh Mike that is one beastly insane machine you got please upload some benchies like 3D Mark I wanna know how hard you can push that baby,

You tryed oc'ing the GPU yet?

How much was you custom water cooling kit cost in total?

18. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    for sure sub it for rig of the month, its a shoe in IMO.

19. d1fferent

d1fferent Maha Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    What is a shoe?

20. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Shoe

Just had to :D

Shoo-In: