FW 177.92 with Physx v8.08.18 @ nvidia.com

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Weesni, Aug 26, 2008.

1. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    This set seems like a good one. just hope that nvidia keep up to their claims.

downloading now! :D

2. Gator Allen

Gator Allen Guest

As I've said before, it usually takes about 72 hours or somewhere in the neighborhood for a beta driver to become unstable and sure enough, three days later started having issues on reboots, so uninstalled, reboot into safe mode , run driver cleaner, reboot , install them again and three days later the same thing, driver stops responding.

So , back to 177.83's and no more betas, ever (.)
    Sad thing is they were a good IQ and performance driver, they're just not stable, which is the case for all betas that I've installed, imo.

3. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Odd, I never had any problems with any beta drivers like that... ever.

4. toyturbo

toyturbo New Member

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GTS OC in SLI
    WOW!!! is all I can say about this driver package. Definetly the best drivers so far for Nvidia graphics cards! I only play COD4 MP and damn this gave me a huge advantage! It feels like I'm in turbo mode, the fps move so fast that other players around me look like they're standing still! And all I changed were the drivers! Really helps get my headshot count up! Overall, it seems that the minimum fps got a pretty decent boost in performance compared to my old drivers (175.19). The IQ seems the same too, I don't notice anything different in the way the game looks. I think Nvidia's claims of +15% performance increase is no lie! They really did a great job in optimizing the code i guess!

I uninstalled the old drivers, restarted and went into safe mode, driver sweeper on the old drivers, restarted again and installed the new drivers. Never had a problem.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008

5. H-Ackermans

H-Ackermans Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX550Ti
    Than you are either doing something wrong or something is not right in your system.

I've been running beta's on all of my nVidia cards from the GeForce 256 via GeForce 6800 though 7600GT to now a 9600 GT and beta's worked just as fine as WHQL ones.

Even before doing the de-install, safe-boot driversweeper, reboot install reboot routine it didn't cause any unstability or crashes.

So I don't know what it is but I can safely say, it isn't the beta's.

6. Technot

Technot Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX-GeForce GTX280 Extrem
    I've been using driver agent to keep things up to date. It had me on 177.79

Loaded this one. seems good.

Is this still in Beta. :nerd:

7. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    I get crashes in Graw2 with physx enabled with this driver package.

Xp32 bit and 9800gx2

8. rstalcup

rstalcup Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX980Ti STRIX 6gb ea
    These are great

I even modded them for XPS M1730 laptop with dual SLI 8800M GTX cards and they worked great, along with my 280GTX and dual SLI 8800gts in my 2 gaming Desktops, these drivers rock. 3 different system and no problem, I don't understand uninstalling after 3 days must be other issues.

9. Kellygtp

Kellygtp New Member

GPU:
    BFG GTX295
    im going back to the xtreme-g 177.83's
    this new version wont enable SLi for me...sigh....i wish it would work but what should i expect for a beta...

i wish i knew why SLi wasnt working

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  10. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i had that happen once with a past version, and after a driver clean, and reinstall SLi worked.

11. texasrattler

texasrattler Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    Yea I feel the same way. By far one of the best drivers for a beta. I also got a boost with my minimum frames going up and CoD4 feeling much smoother.
    My only complaint would be that AA doesn't work for me in the driver cp. Don't know why but it doesn't. It is a beta and I don't really use AA in the driver cp except for sports games. AA works fine through in-game options for any game.

12. Vandrende Pind

Vandrende Pind Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X
    did you use exact same driver and game settings as before when you tested the 177.92 driver?

And also, have anyone noticed performance gains from 177.89? And in which games?

13. vO!d

vO!d Guest

GPU:
    ASUS R9 290 DirectCU II
    Im experiencing some problems with the Control Panel in this release...
    Installed games are not listed in this version. It says there were no games found on my computer.
    Does anyone has the same problem?

Greetz

14. chirop

chirop Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 1080 X
    got some weird bug when updating to microsoft screen drivers because it reverted me back to 177.83 donno what happend.
    Anyway reinstalling hopefully that won't happen again :3eyes:

15. Kreatorz

Kreatorz New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 8500gt
    Uhhmmmmm..............no probs here!! I love the 177.92 Driver. Love it.

16. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    standbye problems here

17. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    this drivers have been really stable for me and framerate is smooth as butter. but 177.98 are out and it's time to update again. LOL

18. Decon

Decon Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 460 SE
    +1 :banana:

19. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    I changed my mind. 177.98 drivers have a confirmed bug in digital vibrance. gonna stick with these drivers since they have been rock solid for me. "if it ain't broke..." FTW! LOL

20. Punisher!|ITA

Punisher!|ITA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    What about downloading just driver packages from NVIDIA website?