FW 177.92 with Physx v8.08.18 @ nvidia.com

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Weesni, Aug 26, 2008.

1. KillerC

KillerC Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    I have been using these for a couple of days now and they DO increase performance...However , In Crysis and in BF2 , both of which AA is working for me , every now and then I get a weird flashing , in Crysis it happened in the warehouse's around the docks where your taking out the AA guns and the Battle Cruiser docked at the port. Inside the warehouse's it was very foggy and it flashes from normal to foggy as I move through the shadows. Also outside after blowing up the cruiser the sky flashes if you look at the sun in a certain way , not all of the sky just parts of it.

This never happened before.

In BF2 , on SF: Surge near the missile launch pad , I was laying down near one of the metal barriers after playing for about 2 hours with no problems and VERY good performance , I moved into a shadow and my screen started flashing like my Video cards were going out!! then I moved out of the shadow and played for another hour with no issues??

I checked the temps immediately after exiting the game and everything was normal , one card was 54C and the other was 55C and both recovered to normal temps just as they always do..

I really want to like this driver , the IQ for ME at 1680X1050 everything on High detail (and some on VERY high) on Crysis is the BEST I have ever had and the explosions of the tank level were a sight to behold as well as any part of the forest , but the flashing shadows and sometimes even the sky flashes....I KNOW this driver is a beta but this scares me.

anyone else having similar issues?

2. Haunted66

Haunted66 Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA 780Ti SLI
    Sorry for stupid question, and apologise if same has been answered already...

1. If I don't need PhysX software, how do I get rid of same? Simply uninstall via Add/Remove or ? Will it affect graphic driver settings? I hope not.

2. Since new driver is available as part of Power Pack only, how do I skip PhysX installation? I don't think I need it.

Appreciate your guidance.

3. ravsek

ravsek New Member

GPU:
    Asus 8800GT
    Just extract the .exe you have downloaded with WinRar and delete physx installer. Then run the setup.exe

4. zansiball

zansiball Guest

what games support physx?

5. RiptoR

RiptoR Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 LX 3GB (SLI)
  6. blunden

blunden Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3080 TUF
    Will have to try these out when I take the time to install the new GTX 260. :) Seems like great drivers. :D

EDIT: They seem to work great so far.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Yep same here:)

8. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    you can indeed uninstall the physx drivers from "add/remove" and it wont effect your display drivers.

9. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Nobody is complaining. I stated the problems I had in an earlier post and someone had to come up with smart remarks. So I had to explain myself even further. I'm completely happy with 177.83 WHQL so honestly I could care less about the problems with these drivers. People take a chill pill.

10. TheAgeOfMen

TheAgeOfMen Master Guru

GPU:
    750M
    All these "new" drivers with physx in it dont install propery, the installer gets stucked and i have to manualy stop the process of physx cause it wont install and i have to install it manualy , very pathetic imho since it was the same with the last driver .. gg nvidia :+

But anyways, driver running good, keepers :banana:

11. blunden

blunden Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3080 TUF
    Thankfully I don't have any such issues at all. Still, strange bug. As you said, not that hard to fix. :D

12. Gator Allen

Gator Allen Guest

Uninstalled the 177.83's and PhysX driver, ran driver sweeper in safe mode then installed these + PhysX again and all went very well. Been using these for three days now and no issues at all. GTR2, Race '07, Cyysis, COD4, Gears of War, TF2 and R.O. all run alot better.

If they stay stable, there keepers. Three days in most cases seem to be the time it takes for me to see issues, with all beta drivers.

So far so good.

13. GamingTillDie

GamingTillDie Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 470 SOC
    Hi folks. This driver sucks. I have Vista64 and after heavy stressing the card is not switching into 2D Mode:puke2:. So back to the last WHQL, i guess. By the way, the 260 rocks. My G80 had less minimum FPS. But this driver i leave behind and hope for a better one. So Nvidia, please fix that bug:nerd:!

14. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    No trouble with these drivers under Windows XP x64, but then I've only tested them with Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 and Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance so far.

GRAW2: PhysX works both in SLI and non-SLI modes with a pair of 8800GTX cards. Tested in both regular and "extteme" PhysX modes in the game, and the game is bugy as hell: PhysX will sometimes drop the FPS from the mid-60s down to single-digits for no apparant reason. GRAW2 seems to need another patch.

SupComFA: Works as per usual, but multi-monitor under SLI is STILL not supported. Which sucks. There is a work-around to get multi-monitor with SLI, but it's kludgy and I'd rather have proper multi-monitor support.

Will test more in the coming days.

15. KingRoLo

KingRoLo New Member

GPU:
    Club3D GTS 8800 512
    Definitely can't complain about these drivers, ive noticed an overall speed increase in most games including GRiD and COD4 as well as a nicer IQ. I honestly didn't think they could pull more out of this G92 architecture but Nvidia just keep on surprising me. Keepers. (previously using 177.83's)

Although i guess if ATI weren't piling on the pressure right now Nvidia would just be sitting on their laurels.

16. urmysin

urmysin Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 9800GT 1GB SLi
    I had a similar problem with BF2. I would climb up one of those very high towers and look around and everything started freaking out on me. I also ducked down and ran under the grates under some of those in the shadows and got similar screen flashes you are describing. I uninstalled and went back to v177.83 and those problems disappeared. Maybe Nvidia will read this and get on the stick to fix it. I remember some time back a problem with BF2 when you would look down a scoped rifle or gun sites the screen would go black. Nvidia fixed that I think they can fix this also. I hope. :)

17. killmess

killmess Member

GPU:
    Zogis 8600gt 256mb

Use a decompressor like 7zip or winrar to decompress the "177.92_geforce_winxp_32bit_english_beta.exe".
    Open the folder, select the file "PhysX_8.08.18_SystemSoftware.exe" and delete.:)

Good luck!

18. killmess

killmess Member

GPU:
    Zogis 8600gt 256mb
    177.83___________INGAME_____MENU
    -grid_____________34-40_______63
    -GOW ___________43_________60
    -warmonger_______19-20_______45
    -cellfactor_________8-10

177.92___________INGAME_____MENU
    -grid ____________34-40_______63
    -gow ____________45__________60
    -warmonger_______19-21_______45
    -cellfactor_________8-10

Speed changes? none
    In gears of war I did't fought, just walk through a corridor in L shape and stay on an angle to see the speed, they were still searching for alpha.
    ___>*
    |
    |

The * represent my position.

There wasn't changes of speed or quality here. :(

Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  19. Unstable_Hero

Unstable_Hero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    this driver does not improve clear sky performance.

20. killmess

killmess Member

GPU:
    Zogis 8600gt 256mb
    Sorry, there WAS something different.
    with .83 I can't hardware accelerate run PHYSX FLUIDMARK.
    with .92 it works, it's hardware accelerated. 649 o3Marks :)