ATT beta version with HD 4xxx support.

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoshuaC

JoshuaC Member

GPU:
    VisionTek HD4850
    See the problem is I can't create a profile. The only icon that isn't grayed out on the OCing menu is save but it gives a "no profile selected" message.

2. Narynan

Narynan New Member

GPU:
    ATI 4850CF
    Great tool thanks for helping me can CCC!

Right now the one thing I am looking for but can't seem to find out, is how to get the fan fixes and OC's onto the 2nd card of a Crossfire setup? I use GPU-z and it says that the second card is still running HOT and slow.

What am I missing, and can you fix this?

3. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Guyz, when you will start thinking before doing? :) Check "Include in profile" checkbox.

_______
    new beta build 1.5.8.1267
    http://cid-a50350ea7a969f0c.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/attsetup.exe

[+] Added support for tripple buffer and VSync forcing options for Direct3D10 games and applications

[*] Changed behavior of Force VSync option. Now you can set it to ON /OFF or to ignore.

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    So basically they fubared HQ AF by themself. I remember having it on x1950 Pro but ever since i bought HD4850 that option is missing so i assumed it's so kick ass good it's using HQ AF by default. I guess it's not. Anyway i enabled it through ATT. I guess it cannot hurt.
    Temporal AA also works sweet, especially since HD4850 cards have no problem pushing framerate beyond monitor refresh rate. QUiet noticeable in CS:S on guns where i got rather bad aliasing even with 4xFSAA+EdgeDetect.

5. aleistercrowley

aleistercrowley Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 4870
    where is the D3D10 Vsync option ? Is it possible to set i generally for all Apps, or only with a GameProfile ?

i can confirm a Problme with 3DMVantage too. Screen stays black wehn ATT clocking is active. No Problems without ATT

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  6. Dwarden

Dwarden Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 2048MB
    on rage3D AMD staff and also betatester said they will be removing Temporal AA in future driver releases ...

i just start to hate how they fluctuate and remove 'working' features

7. jukkis83

jukkis83 Member

Besides the gamma issue I reported Im having some problems with the game Supreme Commander. I get major visual anomalies with ATT enabled which makes the game unplayable, i.e big black areas, visual tearing etc. The game works when using 4xAA and 8xAF in ATT and but doesnt work on any other settings. Game works flawlesly without ATT thou. Is this some kind of CCC-ATT compatibilty issue?

8. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Now thats really idiotic (go and tell them that, quote this post if needed).
    Before they had Temporal AA mode but most of cards were too slow to push framerate beyond refresh rate. Now when we have suchs trrong cards (HD4800 series) they want to remove this. Now this is just plain dumb.
    Ok, i understand they removed TruForm support. This feature was outdated and with bad developers support. But TAA works in ANY FSAA capable game.
    Removing it is lame. I wonder why they removed it from CCC in the first place.
    I mean you can basically double or triple the FSAA factor pretty much for free.

9. krakjen

krakjen Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290 Tri-X
    Ignore = Application controlled ?

10. Jackalantern

Jackalantern New Member

GPU:
    HIS 1650GT AGP 512
    It just doesn't seem to work at all when moving the slider.

11. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    This is per profile option. You can change in "Game Profiles".

12. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    No. C\Just check what you are doing with settings. ATT by itself can not do "anomalies" :) Sometimes you have to set same 3D settings as used in game settings. For example level of AA and so on.

Ignore = "do nothing", "do not force" :)

Ok. As I told before hundred of times, ATT doesn't have full support for any kind of Monitors. So it seems that you have to use CCC if you want to do this. But what I don't understand is WHY you need to adjust it on LCD? You can do whatever you want in Monitor settings itself. :)

13. JoshuaC

JoshuaC Member

GPU:
    VisionTek HD4850
    I've already tried those tick boxes and they don't let me make a new profile.

14. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Don't tell me that. Look, everyone can do it, you can not. Why? :)

15. Narynan

Narynan New Member

GPU:
    ATI 4850CF
    So is there any chance of hearing about the 2nd card in crossfire?

Again, right now it seems like this program will only provide fan fixing and utilities on the 1st card of a 2 card crossfire setup. Is there any chance of being able to fix the features of the 2nd card with this program?

16. JoshuaC

JoshuaC Member

GPU:
    VisionTek HD4850
    Unless there's some sort of option I haven't ticked in a different menu this is all I get.

[​IMG]

17. Mr.StanleyDudek

Mr.StanleyDudek Master Guru

GPU:
    VisionTek HD 3870 X2 1GB
    JoshuaC:

FIRST, tick "Include in Profile", THEN, click "Save" and name it something, THEN, pick the profile you just named from the drop-down menu and tick "Load selected profile at startup"

The reason you get that message is because you have no profile selected in the drop-down menu.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  18. JoshuaC

JoshuaC Member

GPU:
    VisionTek HD4850
    That worked and I feel stupid now. Thanks!

19. aleistercrowley

aleistercrowley Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 4870
    Ok ,THX
    But its still named D3D 8/9

Would be perfect to have this Option generelly in the 3d Settings or Tweaks Options.

20. LuxZg

LuxZg Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD4890
    I'd add one more thing, after ticking "Include in profile" checkbox, and setting fans/clocks, first click APPLY and only after that use save, naming, picking, load at startup etc, as Stanley explained. This was my mistake after making quite a few profiles, all from nowhere it doesn't work.. APPLY people, APPLY :D ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.