FW 177.92 with Physx v8.08.18 @ nvidia.com

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Weesni, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Works well, not much difference compared to 177.83.

2. bozotheclown

bozotheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    2x8800GTS512@stock
    Keepers? Since when are Nvidia GPU drivers keepers? New ones are allways just around the corner;)

3. _cTn_

_cTn_ Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 980TI
    Code:
    *  Single GPU increases up to 11% in 3DMark Vantage (performance preset)
        * Single GPU increases up to 11% in Assassin's Creed DX10
        * Single GPU increases up to 15% in Bioshock DX10
        * Single GPU increases up to 15% in Call of Duty 4
        * Single GPU increases up to 8% in Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
        * 2-way SLI increases up to 7% in Bioshock DX10
        * 2-way SLI increases up to 10% in Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts DX10
        * 2-way SLI increases up to 12% in Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
        * 2-way SLI increases up to 10% in World in Conflict DX10
    Lol lie more NVIDIA :D

4. bozotheclown

bozotheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    2x8800GTS512@stock
    I wouldn't know since I haven't actually checked the fps in ETQW with previous drivers. ETQW worked great in all of them:) I just played ETQW and it's smooth as a baby's bottom;)

5. xtaz

xtaz Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 9800GTX+
    They say "The following are examples of improvements measured with v177.92 WHQL versus v175.19 WHQL driver" so that 175.19 is already 'old', no?

6. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    Sweet I will give these a try when I get home. Performance on the .89's has been great for me so if these can juice more out of my cards the better!

7. faust1200

faust1200 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 SC
    I have dual 8800's. Is there a way to use one card as the physx card and the other as video card? It doesn't seem possible yet on the physx menu unless I'm missing something. I didn't know if that feature was supposed to be now or in the future. Thx.

8. R_AL_Sim

R_AL_Sim Member Guru

GPU:
    GF 8800gtx @ 600/998
    how come Nvidia release drivers every 2 to 3 weeks for there graphics card but when it comes to there motherboard drives we're lucky if we get two sets in a year

any way rant out of the way I can safely say the drivers are an improvement over177.89 for the 8800 Gtx 768 running Assassins creed at 1680 x 1050 all maxed out I dont get that occasional stutter any more Sorry its the only game I'm plaing at the mo :)

9. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    They didn't install properly for me for some bizarre reason. Even manually installing has left the display running in 640x480 4bit. Might try installing in safe mode or just returning to 177.89 until I find what the cause is.

I may have to complete Assassins Creed so I can get that bugged game off my PC. I'm not sure if I can be bothered though. Maybe I'll wait till they release another patch then install it again. There are too many other good games ATM to enjoy my small amount of gaming time.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  10. v4npro

v4npro Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7900XT
    Hrm.. Do you think they reduced the image quality to increase performance? Can anyone with a good eye see any difference?

11. H-Ackermans

H-Ackermans Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX550Ti
    My BIOS: 62.94.0D.00.02

No benching yet.

12. _cTn_

_cTn_ Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 980TI
    Yes the 175.19 are really old, but there is no way increase for exmp in bioshock 7% COD 15% woot... maybe for the new gpu's (g200)

13. °L°

°L° Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Hi,
    I've installed these firmware and physX and my question is:
    Can we use openGL 3.0 withe these firmwares?

14. scratch42069

scratch42069 Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 9600GT OC 512MB
  15. bozotheclown

bozotheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    2x8800GTS512@stock
    The final tiny stutter I had when night time starts in the Le Mans race in Grid has vanished:) These are great:)

16. CodyPredy

CodyPredy Active Member

GPU:
    Saphire ATI R270X 2GB
    I wouldn't call Beta Drivers -> "Nvidia Released Drivers". I don't mind testing new drivers every week but shouldn't the Hardware manufacturer do that? I see they haven't changed much since they had the problems back when Vista was released + this is the first detailed changelog I've seen in ages or maybe they actually released I driver that improves something.

I'm curious if I'll get a boost in performance out of my old 7900 :).

17. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    I installed them in Safe Mode after removing Physx installer from the extracted Nvidia package (I had already installed physx with the first attempt). Image quality looks alright so far, but I'm yet to benchmark any games. I'll post my results after a few game runs.

I just started Grid and it seems to run faster and smoother than 177.83 and 177.89, it also looks like it has better IQ. The drivers look very good from this first run. Now I'll do some actual benchmarks and a run wide variety of DX10 and DX9 games.

18. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    175.19 aint that old, and their performance in 9600gt was the same than with 177 series

19. _cTn_

_cTn_ Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 980TI
    yea nvidia really lacks good changelogs, i hope at least some things will change with the big bang 2 drivers

20. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Going to try out on my 6200, been using the 175.80 for ages now. The 175.80 for my 6200 is perfect, maybe these will be even better, but i am not holding my breath. Feedback laterz.