Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Demo

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Repo Man, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    The demo is available on XBL and should be up on the PSN too, highly recommend checking it out cos i just played it and the game went on my shopping list. The force powers are so cool and its a blast to play with all the stuff in the environment, throwing things at rebels and stormies and i'll never get bored at force gripping an npc and then throwing my saber at it when the poor bastard is struggling in the air :nerd:

Go check it out, shoo!

2. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    Demo is very short and the Lightsaber feels like it wouldn`t cut through butter. Force powers are and physics are fun but that`s about it.

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    damn. i was afraiding about that :(

4. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Aye thats true but the Dev's said in some interview that the force powers are the big attraction here and the gameplay relies heavily in the use of them. For some proper lightsabering action i guess we still gotta stick to the old Jedi Knight games.

Wish Lucasarts would finally come to their senses and just make a new installment in one of the most loved Star Wars gaming series wich is the dark forces/jedi knight series.

5. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    I thought it was ok, lucasarts should release a Han Solo star wars game.

6. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    Force powers are the main attraction, but turning the lightsaber into nothing more than a glowing baseball bat is plain stupid. it`s only redeeming feature is the saber impale move.

7. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    I Think it was o.k but for something that relies heavily on physics i wanted to see more things flying about, yeah throwing enimies is good but the enviroments didnt show much promise, the lightsaber was slighty underpowered but they aint going to make it the ultimate weapon as the game would be no fun. Shows some good ideas but i hope the full game shows abit more.

8. Blissed

Blissed Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 8800GTS 320mb
    Oh yes that would be the Star Wars game to have so long as they include Han's one liners.

9. Lacusmons

Lacusmons Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    Apparently the darth vaders apprentice is similar to a jedi consular, great force power affinity and very low light saber skills. In this game the light saber can also function as a focus item meaning he can channel the force and amplify it through the light saber. Which is very cool. This game is going to be sweet.

10. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    The demo was so awesome! Definitely preordering the game.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    sigh its starwar game with lightsaber that dont cut things off wth if lightsaber hits you lose limb the pc version beter have dismemberment code like all the JK series games, but the force power were done right for change

12. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    I'll be picking it up. Even if the lightsaber is a $20 store bought toy.

13. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    heh reminds me of all the jedi knight series, might be pickin this one up when the prices go down for the 360... the demo was short but i did have fun throwing boxes at storm troopers lol

14. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090
    WHY does those asssholes not make it for the PC? it all started at the PC!!!!

15. Wanny

Wanny Guest

It's not THAT fun seriously. It doesn't have that little charm that got me hooked in Jedi Knight series or Kotor series.

16. SaltyDog1976

SaltyDog1976 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX-285
    Supposedly they are. A couple of months ago this PC guy at Gamestop told me it ws supposed to be released in October of this year. I guess there was overwhelming feedback to Lucas Arts about it not being available for PC so they started getting it ready. This is just what this guy told me at the store. I wouldn't doubt it but I haven't found any solid proof. I'll keep looking.

It pisses me off to no end that the PC gaming community has to wait for a rediculously long time for games in some cases. And hell yeah putty, it did start here with the PC so why don't they just work on PC versions whilst doing the console versions?

17. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    So basically it's not coming to PC?

18. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    I sure as hell wouldnt get my hopes up, LA has stated pretty firmly that they have no intentions of bringing it out for PC and if the game sells well im quite sure the devs will be tied up for a sequal. Never say never though, if the game is a success it may also mean that LA wants to milk it as much as possible and re-evaluates the cost effciency of making a PC version wich likely means that it'll be some half assed port.

19. SaltyDog1976

SaltyDog1976 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX-285
    Here's the Lucas Arts forum thread about no version for PC. I didn't read the whole thing. There's 183 pages of pure goodness and griping. There might even be some useful info in there as well.

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    I played the demo yesterday. A God of War clone which takes place in Star Wars universe. Light saber doesn't satisfy me. Game play is like SONIC with light saber and Jedi Forces. Run, jump, throw. iam definitely not going to buy this game.