NVIDIA 177.83 WHQL Driver Issues

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Azhrei, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Turdhat

Turdhat Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 X
    174.41 + new physx driver = stable and fast in everything with no artifacting and high overclocks. If it aint broke......

Games I have played that are 100% stable

Mass Effect
    Bionic COmmando Rearmed (buy this game now)
    Age Of Conan
    Crysis
    Grid
    Dirt
    Fear
    Ghost Recon II (lame non AA engines)
    Ut3 with Physx Maps
    Mame emulator
    N64 emulators
    And many many more.

Video playback with every format smooth as glass including x264 encoded 1080p video..

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  2. scurvy

scurvy Banned

GPU:
    Asus 8800 Ultra OCd
    I find that the new Nvdia physX drivers (177.83) are awesome.
    Not only do they enable PhysX for my UT3 but also adds a couple of FPS to my crysis!

can't ask for more.

:)

3. pooman

pooman Member

GPU:
    BFG Nvidia FX 5900
    177.83 while playing Half Life 2 with most settings maxed except AA and Aniso I got a Nvidia BSOD 0x114. Never O/C'ed on this 8600GTS. Never BSOD on Vista x64 before 177.83. The last set 41s were okay. Oblivion sometimes crashed but at least it was the game engine that was buggy.

4. Falcon2107

Falcon2107 New Member

GPU:
    MSI N9800GX2
    I put a new system together with an MSI 9800GX2, but now Finally my games are working, but 3dmark06 gives all kind of problems and artifacts and cannot handle the load. When I OC it get even wors, but my games will still run properly. howcome?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008

5. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    What do you mean? Please explain the problem properly before blaming the drivers. A good detailed description will allow people to understand what you are saying.

Overclocking your card too fast will cause graphics problems. An overheating system can cause graphical problems. Heaps of adware, left over game demo's and other junk can cause problems. Installing drivers without properly uninstalling previous drivers can cause problems. Randomly deleting files will cause problems.

There has been post after post of "I get a graphics problem with these drivers, why". It turns out 99% of the time not to be driver related. If you think it's still drivers try the next release, 177.89 seem to work fine.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  6. Falcon2107

Falcon2107 New Member

GPU:
    MSI N9800GX2
    APOLOGIZE, for not beeing clear enough (If you are talking to me? Because that is not CLEAR mentioned). Like I said before; new system, with freshly installed os Xp or VISTA. This means no gamedemo leftovers or other crap. Did test the old WHLQ drivers from the Nvidia website before and then i could run 3dmark06 and now I can't (remember fresh install of driver). So if you are so proud of the on 177.83 version, sorry that i affended you with this problem. But my humbly conclusion could be that that is something driver related and maybe somebody has experienced a simmular problem. I said that the problem also occurs without the overclocking and that it get wors with overclocking. Games I can play when I OC 4%, but 3d mark gives a problem. Airflow is good, temps are between 70 and 80 degrees C. when stressed. So maybe someone has an idea.

7. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    Sorry Falcon2107, that wasn't aimed at you, just all the guys who keep starting '177.XX not working' threads in general.

I'd just try another driver. I'm using 177.89 ATM and they seem to work OK so far. Some people have had good luck with 177.41 solving problems with their games. The only problems I've had while running 177.xx series is with Creative drivers and Securom, apart from that everything has been fine. 3Dmark06 has no problems when I run it with 177.83 so perhaps this is related to a specific card or another problem.

8. KillerC

KillerC Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    I went through this whole thread and didn't see any mention of using one card for video and one card for PhysX on a 2 card system withOUT having to connect 2 monitors.

I know this was somewhat of an issue with the last set of drivers , can anyone tell me if the same issue occurs now?

its for a friend with a 8800GTX and a 8800gt , thanks!!

PS: I am using the 177.83 with NO bad issues so far , performance is about the same in Crysis and GRAW2 which is fine even with PhysX set to ultra , I do have ONE slight problem though a SLIGHT micro stutter/video lag? in BF2 every now and then , I don't remember this with the 177.79. Ping is the same. and as always I run BF2 at 1680X1050 at FULL detail and max settings in the Nvidia CP. hight quality , 16XAF blah blah and I force D3D overide in Riva Tuner because the V-Sync in the NV CP does not work with BF2.

9. Falcon2107

Falcon2107 New Member

GPU:
    MSI N9800GX2
    My appologies also... :) I will see wat 177.89 will do for me.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008