Crysis Warhead System requirements announced

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by sava700, Aug 13, 2008.

1. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    No...>_>

They don't lie about the minimum requirements. They may exaggerate a little bit, but they don't do it to lie. And of course a laptop that only meets the minimum requirements of a game is gonna struggle a bit. It's a laptop, not a power house. You can't really run Crysis all that amazing, because it's not the best coded. To be fair though, Crysis is a sandbox, so that alone makes it very demanding.

2. teddyboy

teddyboy Member

GPU:
    evga gtx 260

I am sorry if i implied that they gave us false min requirement, what i meant is that YES, you will be able to run the game, but on N64 Graphics and extremely low frame rates. My point was that YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET TO THE OPTIONS MENU IN GAME WHEN YOU INSTALL IT unless u change it out of game before hand =)

P.S. while at it ill tell you that Hellgate London had the same problem =(

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  3. ViolentOpposition

ViolentOpposition Master Guru

GPU:
    PALIT GTX 570
    Simple reason for it being so big: they think that less people will want to pirate it, that way. So any form of compression, etc is nearly nonexistent.

4. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    That's completely off.

What you're saying...Is you can't change the visual settings in game? Hmm, funny because Crysis you can. But why would you change settings in game and have to reload it, when you can easily do it just when you start the game up and go to the main menu? As for Crysis as well, when you crank everything up Crysis runs terrible, but I ran Crysis medium settings 1024x768 about 30 fps, sometimes dipping into 20s on an xpress 200. Which the Xpress 200 is terrible, only 2 pixel pipelines, shared memory, and low clocks. And let me you tell you something, Hellgate London and Crysis aren't the same, not even the same developer. The only problem Crysis really has, is it's a bitch to run.

5. Marri

Marri Guest

GPU:
    they still have the nerves to be so silly..lol
    It's unfracking believable..
    They've scored another goal on being lame..
    P4....
    15GB Storage..
    9800Pro , hmm...now they're getting a little over retarded..

lets not even talk about 256mb ram...:3eyes:

6. Valuga

Valuga Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD/ATi Radon HD4870
    woot.. nao this notebook can run it?? :D

7. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    well, i remember back then that i was able to "run" Crysis demo on an AXP 2500+ a gig o ram and a 6600GT 128MB 0_o, low details and pretty sluggish (not really slideshow hehe)

8. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Intel Core 2GHz or an AMD Athlon 2800+? Where's the logic in that? The Core is much faster than the 2800+... And who has a Core 1 anyway? :p

9. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    i believe it has to do with the rigs that they used to test it on...i imagine they only have so many computers with various hardware to test with, perhpas the 2800 was the slowest system they had to test on with no inbetween on intels...then again, crysis doesnt use alot of cpu power anyway, mostly gpu.

10. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    The minimum specs are the missing April 1 joke, maybe a 8800GTS is minimum, judging from Crysis that was maybe the best graphic game that we seen, but the buggiest the heaviest and worst gameplay game that i've ever seen, no wonder why Call of duty 4 sold much more than Crysis, Crysis meant to be Crysis, meanwhile i'm waiting for STALKER CLEAR SKY.

11. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    Crysis was a crisis. I do not have high expectations for this piece of crap.
    Honestly, anyone can make a game pretty... Making it good is another thing.

12. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    LOL! Good one fellow Guru.

13. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090
    would be really funny when the game is released and everyone is like WOW this game runs neat!

wouldnt thrust for it, but hell iam going to try to play it on my old dell p4 3.0ghz geforce 6800GT:D

14. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    lol, yah i'd laugh at everyone here if the game runs as much better than crysis did as they claim.

i did read the preview that was in PCgamer...anyone see it?
    the reviewer claimed that the rig was much lower spec than old crysis and it ran and looked great and that was before the new shader system was introduced into it.

15. Shadowsoldier

Shadowsoldier Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 ti
    Ahh, you found the secret " marked one " .

16. BL@DE

BL@DE New Member

GPU:
    MSI 8800 gts 320 G80
    Crysis great graphic poor gameplay,hope that expansion have better gameplay.

17. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Why not? Just 1024x768 and low settings and it does run quite well on 6800 Ultra.

18. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    I tell ya wha, the best way to enjoy Crysis and Crysis Warhead is not to play this at all.

19. thejamppa

thejamppa Master Guru

GPU:
    eVga GTX 460 768mb SC
    it would be amazing if Warhead would run better than the actual game. I still don't think we can enjoy Crysis maxed for atleast next 2 videocard generations... At least I hope Warheads code is slightly more refined than actual Games' but I am not holding my breath for it.

I seriously doubt Crysis experience with 9800 Pro, even with worse graphics quality... Maybe in 800x600 resolution, with everything off or lowest possible quality... Unless coders have made miracle..

I still think Crysis is not heavy because of the fancy graphics... but the extremely poor code. After all Crysis had lot's hope hype so they did not had all the time to use finishing the game. Resulting they cut corners where possible and that resulted a code, which makes Crysis so demanding.

Still... in few years, I'll probably buy Crysis from budget shelf. When I have Ati HD 88x0 card / GF GTX 6x0 series card with 2GB GDDR 5/6/7... Then maybe I am able to run Crysis way it was supposed to run...

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  20. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    In a few years, when Crysis costs 5$, I will buy all the copies in the world. Stack them in a nice little pile, and burn them. Thus ridding the world of a horribly overrated and overhyped game. The gods of gaming will notice my efforts and will bless my destruction of the blasphemy, ensuring peace and prosperity for generations to come.
    :banana: