Nvidia PhysX 8.08.01

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by deity, Aug 12, 2008.

1. scratch42069

scratch42069 Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 9600GT OC 512MB
    Click on the third tab from the left called "Settings" and select the radio button for GeForce PhysX.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  2. zumbi

zumbi New Member

GPU:
    nVidia GeForce 8800GT
    I've done this before. In fact, this is the default settings.

Can you post a screenshot of this tab?

The first tab, i mean.

3. scratch42069

scratch42069 Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 9600GT OC 512MB
    It says the exact same thing as yours but in English. It says no PhysX Processor but I obviously have Nvidia PhysX enabled. That info on the first tab shows whether or not an Aegia PhysX card is installed. Just ignore that tab altogether and go to the 3rd tab.

4. zumbi

zumbi New Member

GPU:
    nVidia GeForce 8800GT
    Is that what i thought.
    Thanks for the help.

5. FakeFx

FakeFx Member

GPU:
    Rosewill Radeon 9600XT 128MB
  6. asimriz

asimriz Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PE OC
    Hey guys ! I've got an MSI 9800 GTX 512mb. Just wanna know how the PhysX Driver version 8.08.01 is running. How does it run with the combination of 177.79 ? Or does it run better with a combination of 177.83 ? Or is the 8.08.01 not good at all ? Shud I stick with my combination of 177.79 & PhysX Driver 8.07.18 (this combination is pretty amazing though :p)? PLZ HELP !!!

7. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Since your happy with your current combination (177.79 & PhysX Driver 8.07.18), asimriz, I'd leave it alone. ;)

Btw: welcome to Guru3D! :D

8. LeoLilieno

LeoLilieno New Member

GPU:
    MSI 8800GT/512
    Cant change PhysX Setting

I cant get this driver to work after a few scare. I uninstall it, reboot to safe mode and use driversweeper, cant clean certain file due to driversweeper cant find exe blah blah blah. Dont care and then restart. To my surprise, my PC cant start. It keep on off on off on its own without booting up. I turn power off and wait for a while. start again and this time can load to windows but it says i do not have a lot of .dll file.

I then start installing 177.83 and then reboot. When I go to PhysX setting, if I change the setting and click ok, it says that I cant change it since I am not administrator. How can this be. THere is no other user for this computer and I am the bloody administrator. How to do this?

Plus how come my PC have problem when I reboot from safe mode? This PC is new. Please someone enlighten me. Thanks in advance.

9. asimriz

asimriz Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PE OC
    Thank you Cybermancer :D But u know how it is right ? New drivers come up & u just wanna dload them hoping maybe now ur graphics card might do magical things ! HAHAHA ! I'm sure thats what everyone wants. So basically I just wanna upgrade thats all. What combination of Forceware & PhysX software ru using, mate ? Also I see u've also got an E8400 & a 750W power supply. Mine is 800W. I've overclocked my E8400 to 3.3GHz so my question is HOW THE HELL DID U OC URS TO 3.6GHz ???? Tell me plz...

10. subfire91

subfire91 Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Powercolor 4870 1GB
    how is the new driver compared with the older one?

11. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    I'm currently using 177.83 and 8.08.01. All games (Grid, Crysis, CoD4, Assassin's Creed, C&C Kane's Wrath, TimeShift, Frontlines FoW, etc.) are running just fine and stable. (Vista x64, SP1)

Regarding the overclock: all I did was to increase the FSB to 400MHz. ;)
    I never had any BSOD, crash, etc.
    All on air with the Thermaltake V1.
    Temp @ idle: 41C and @ load: 48C.

12. Dilopho

Dilopho Member

GPU:
    8800 GTS 640MB
    Do you also have Company of Heroes installed?
    Since that new driver scrolling over the map causes heavy stuttering ingame. I am not the only one with that problem and I think its a problem with the driver and vista.

13. asimriz

asimriz Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PE OC
    Thanks a lot man ! :D Thing is.... I'm gna need a CPU Cooler now :p I've overclocked mine to 3.3GHz. I've got an Aluminium casing with a CPU fan/vent & a vent on the top surface of the casing as well. Shud I install a CPU cooler for this even ?

14. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    I have GPU/Geforce acceleration on, so this means that PhysX is using the GPU, instead of the CPU, and if i put on no Geforce acceleration, it means the CPU will use PhysX right?

15. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    ?

Well, again: I'm using the V1 and it's doing a decent job. Here are a two web sites for you to get some info about the V1:
    http://www.bigbruin.com/2007/ttcoolers_1
    http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/ttv1/

This is correct. ;)

16. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    How come i don't see a option to change from Geforce acceleration to Ageia PhyxS or to no acceleration?

Its stuck on geforce acceleration.

17. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    You are not able to choose between those options?

[​IMG]