Leaked Cat 8.8 drivers. (crossfire enhancements?)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Imperious, Aug 4, 2008.

1. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Its not a PCIEX1 card, its a PCI 2400 HD card. It says PCIE, because it uses a PCI-PCIE bridge thing or whatever. And this card kinda sucks, because its missing a boat load of hardware extensions.

My 6200 OC PCI can run COD4 at 24fps at 1024x768 everything medium to high. The 2400 HD card i get 1-5fps. Nvidia drivers are better this moment IMO.

2. madmax987

madmax987 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire ATI HD4870 512mb
    These drivers give a huge boost in performance in Flatout UC, can now run it at 1920x1200 16xaf and 2xaa smoothly :D BTW i'm running Vista 64 HD4870

3. Strifey

Strifey Member

GPU:
    VisionTek HD 4870
    The posts here have been kinda of confusing. Sorry if this has already been solved, but it's the 2nd set of links posted that are the REAL 8.8 betas? I think that's what I'm gathering.

4. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Ok, post removed, got it working . Will post with result :D

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008

5. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    uninstall drivers then run Driver Sweeper BEFORE you install new drivers. That is why many people shouts that drivers sux EVERY new realease.

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

6. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Ok tested a bit.

They incrase my score in Vantage by 200.

Scoring 9159 @ 790/1000

Not bad i say, will report more once i play some games.

7. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    dude by a better card,2400 is not for gaming

o yeah installed the new 8.8 crashed vista 64 (as usual),but they are good in xp (stable no time for test,sleep time )

8. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Agreed

9. Heinosity

Heinosity Member

GPU:
    2X EVGA 670 FTW 2GB SLI
    Decided to try these out...then went to go play Titan Quest...noticed it was hitching alot more for some reason, then BAM the first crash i've had yet with TQ + 4870.

So, I decided to revert back to 8.7.

Uninstall, run driver sweeper, reinstall 8.7, but now the Catalyst installer won't install the Display Driver...because it can't detect my hardware, also in Device Manager it says Code 10 (failed to start) with a yellow triangle. :bang:

I had to go into safe mode and install the 8.7 drivers manually using the .inf to fix it.

Beware the chinese drivers...

10. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    I should have my 8400GS 512MB PCI card in 2 days :biggun:

Nevertheless, yea maybe you are right, the 2400 HD series is not for gaming. I should of bought the Diamond Version tho, their drivers are more stable. ATI drivers is not as good as Nvidia tho, due to some missing hardware opengl extensions in the drivers that they have been releasing.

I think the drivers in the past were better.

UPDATE ON THE 8.8 BETA USING MY 2400 HD PCI

CCC not working, so i have to install try tools. Certain games are not working tho, but overall pretty good.

UPDATED 2:

Those games do work, i have to change the compatibility mode to 2000 to run them tho, weird, but hey these drivers are pretty good and fast.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008

11. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    i never use driver sweeper, and never ran in to problems.
    I once used it on XP and it caused problemms, said , never again :p

12. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    this reminds off a topic in which a guy wanted to play crysis od x800xt,and blamed ati for the bad drivers which did not allow him to play.
    i have to say this nvidias drivers are not better.they are the cause of allmoust 15 percent if vista crashes so far.there will not be adriver release which will allow u tu play games with those cards.8400 gs will not play game neither just as our 2400 (in a manner that u want to play on medium settings or on high)

13. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I totally agree! Im not trying make funny of you (the general), but c'mon, I wouldnt even try to play games on a old gpu as youres, specially when on a PCI. I mean gfx cards are so cheap today (thx ati), so why even bother using such dinosaur of gfx hardware??? First I thought you were on of those who joke about their HW being old, but its clear youre not?? P3 and a PCI gfx card, its time to recycle those asap. Even poor ppl like me have better HW than that.

14. bokloz

bokloz Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti
    i do not know there is poor ppl in sweden :)

15. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super

Well im noot living in a cardboard box or anyting, but im no millionare. Sure there are poor ppl in sweden too... :) Maybe not as poor as other developing countries, but still. I would rather steal new HW than sit trying to play games on a PCI card!!? :D

16. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    PCI card is preaty rare, you can sell it to museum here in poland for decent money ... oO

Honestly, AGP cards are preaty popular here in Poland ... maybe we are slow:p

(no one buys new agp cards, but alot of ppl has old AGP PCs).

17. Leopardi

Leopardi Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7870 OC 2GB
    Does Anisotropic Filtering and other catalyst settings actually work? I can't get AF in my games like 80% of the time.

18. bokloz

bokloz Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti
    that is what i ment ,do you have to go on a tight budget to get anything for your pc , ok ,to get my single 4850 i have to do this for a whole month !!!

19. alcest

alcest Active Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 280X
    setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware...

Hi guys,
    i cannot install these drivers, because of a veeery strange error,
    i have 4850 and my previous drivers were 8.7,
    no i am trying to install these, and after s**tty windows nonwhql question, and subsequential driver files copy process, this error appear

20. alcest

alcest Active Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 280X
    Fortunately the problem was caused by disabled hdmi audio on ati (i always disable unused hardware).