No Metal Gear Solid 4 for XboX 360

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by krayzieNRG, Jul 16, 2008.

1. mcharj11

mcharj11 Banned

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC
    I really have to laugh at the guys reasoning, that only the PS3 can handle the technical demands of the game. It's so stupidly retarded, in terms of graphics i would compare MGS4 to CoD4 and it doesn't even use physics, in reality the technical demands are not very demanding.

This game could easily be ported to the 360, the only barrier and i mean the only barrier is the Blu-Ray format. And this can easily be overcome by using multiple DVD's like we used to do with CD's in games like MGS on the PSX.

The real reason this game is not going over to the 360 is because Sony are probably throwing skips of money at Kojima to keep it PS3 exslusive. Sony are scared, they know that MGS4 would sell more copies on the 360...

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  2. Ankit kukreti

Ankit kukreti Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7600 GT
    I don't think it will come to 360, unless PS3 and 360 architecture is not so different and and can be ported. May be it is not possible :3eyes: Blu-ray disc is obviously 1 difference but we cannot say about other things. I don't think Crysis can be ported into consoles. I mean the PC version was made for high-end gaming rigs :biggun: may be it is not possible in consoles. Crytek have to start new project keeping PS3 and 360 requirements and make a new game which I think they have decided to do in future.

I think exclusive games are great, they do sell hardware :banana:

3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Only two 360 titles have multiple discs, Blue Dragon(3), Lost Odyssey(4).

I am sure i read on another website that different regions boxes for MGS4 had slightly different listings for resolutions, one region said 720p/1080p and another listed as 720p only....strange one.

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Iam very sorry.iam such a noob. after visiting here i checked it again and it is 720p. iam very sorry for misleading :). 720p . i remembered wrong.

5. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    Stop side stepping the issue. Where is the Kojima link that states it's impossible?

6. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
  7. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    lol.. sorry 360 owners.. but this won't happen.

it's not really about the technicalities, but more on exclusivity. that's the price you pay for going for one console, you don't get all the games. honestly, if most good games are available as multiplat (inc. PC), then i think most would just buy the PC.

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    and if it was on xbox360, probably modded xbox360 owners download it and play. what a shame.

9. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    That's what they always say. Then *BOOM!* it happens. For me it's no biggie, I own both. I would rather play the multi on XBLive though.
    Online Multi-player is the PS3's criptonite. I can't stand the silence but that is awhole other topic. As for the topic at hand, the 360 owners that don't own a PS3 just wait until the hype dies and Sony has something else to parade around, like Big Little Planet. I personally think that BLP will be the new "must have game" for this generation and Sony's new "it" franchise. I can't wait. After that is realeased they won't care what Kanomi does with MGS4.

10. tobiasboon

tobiasboon Member

GPU:
    GeForce 8800GTS 320
    Technically it is impossible to port MGS4 in it's current form directly to the 360, even sidestepping any potential political issues (the iPod, the disk changing jab and Blu Ray mention etc). Why? Well beyond the obvious limitations of the 360's DVD based storage, MGS4 features uncompressed lossless audio, a feature that very few use I'm sure, but technically beyond the abilities of the 360 which does not support uncompressed audio afaik. An almost identical approximation could almost certainly be done on the 360, I don't see much graphically that couldn't be replicated on the 360, but when someone says the 360 couldn't do MGS4 in its current form on the PS3 that statement, however tenuous, is technically true.

11. Critical_Impact

Critical_Impact Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 640MB 8800GTS @ 620/900
    Metal Gear Solid is the best damn game I've played in a long time, it has awesome graphics, awesome gameplay, an awesome story line, damn realistic sound effects(I actually thought there was a dog outside barking and then I realized it was the game), seriously if you have the cash buy a PS3 and get this game, it's damn epic.

12. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    And short unless you sit through the cut scenes.

13. Critical_Impact

Critical_Impact Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 640MB 8800GTS @ 620/900
    Well there's not much point in playing the game if you skip the story aspects of the game.

14. N.O.U.G.N.

N.O.U.G.N. Master Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GTX 1080 8Gb
    MGS4 is a interactive Movie not a video game!

The Carmack will cut through this BS by stating the facts: http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/20047

MGS4's producer said the game needed to make 60million on day one other-wise port... so expect it, just don't expect it to be excellent.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  15. skugpezz

skugpezz Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 Fury X Stock
    it is imposible on the 360 because of the media.. blu-ray vs dual layer dvd ...it is not like doom 3 went on xbox but was able to go on the ps2 becuz of low specs....crysis is way more power hungry than msg4 and when I check my installation for crysis it is 8+GB..thank you carmack for setting things str8

16. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1

Why is this still being discussed? If they decide to bring MSG4 to the 360 they will do it, plain and simple. Everyone that claims that it can't be done at all is grossly uninformed and those they claim they can't do it because of media limitations is just reaching for straws. Face it folks, when all is said and done, both the PS3 and the X360 are fairly equal in overall (usable) power. As for the media storage difference, Blu-Ray makes it a bit easier for developers, but not having Blu-Ray does not mean it is impossible. These diehard fanboys need to give up trying to hold on the the beloved dream of console exclusives (or exclusives in general.) Today's market is complety different from years past and exclusivety can really limit your overall sales. And regardless of what many may think, SALES is the most import thing to developers in this era.

17. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    I dont see it being ported to 360... We all know what nutter Kojima is, and what kind of perfectionist... His creation being watered down to 8gb and cutting down on textures/cutscenes/uncompressed audio will be a huge sacrifice for him (maybe not as much to us mortals), which i seriously doubt he will do.

Other games can be ported to 360, but i honestly think that MGS4 cannot. It was CREATED for the PS3... It was specifically designed, tweaked, optimized for the PS3... It has PS3 references (piss take of disc changing), and also Apple products (Macbook, Ipod, etc). All this would have to be replaced with what...?

Maybe next MGS title will be multi-plan, but this .... doubt it

18. Mostafa Hijazi

Mostafa Hijazi Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+ SLI
    didn't you notice during act installations that it clearly says "this game is exclusively for the ps 3 system ? if they have plans to port it to 360 i think they should have thought it through before doing this that's why i don't think they will do it.

19. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    You said all in that sentence......

20. N.O.U.G.N.

N.O.U.G.N. Master Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GTX 1080 8Gb
    Yeah Kojima did everything in his power to make MGS4 as fat as possible so it wouldn't get ported

But I know its coming sooner of later...face it! Kanomi can't ignore 360 & Wii install bases. They will just put the game on 2 or 3 disc an call it a day.