Nvidia To Bring WHQL-certified PhysX Drivers On August 5th

Discussion in 'Videocards - Intel ARC & ARC Driver section' started by sava700, Jul 26, 2008.

Tags:
  1. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Yes had it since 2000. :)

Yes, it shipped with the computer(gateway btw ) I clean it every 6 months, i actually take it apart and clean it. Been working fine since 2000, still blowing out cool air.

Yep. It gets the job done with alot of stuff. But not everything of course.

Its gateway man, their products are the best. I can use pretty much even software on this rig and it runs just fine. Games, only about 20 games which i own i can't play. Games like Crysis runs on this computer, runs smoother with my 6200, but still unplayable, so i will see how it runs with my 8400GS. COD4 actually runs great now with the 175.31 beta drivers. I get about 15-25fps now, which is playable.

The bottom line, my computer is working just fine and its been working fine since 2000. :banana:
    Funny thing, my bottom cd rom finally died today. So i have to replace that soon.

Note: I am buying a new computer soon, more powerful one, a secondary one for the newer stuff. :)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  2. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Crysis may run

But over 1 fps

no way.

I dont call a 600mhz Computer in 2008 "working fine"

lol....

3. Drefsab

Drefsab Active Member

GPU:
    7800gt 512mb (and a 8800G
    lol upgrading your graphics card will not help you play crysis that old donkey of a cpu couldnt keep up even if it tried.

While its true that 8 year old pcs are perfectly find for office usage for gaming it just doesnt cut it. If you want I have some spare bits hell I've binned 3gig+ cpu's (admittedly and old AMD barton core) .

4. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    I was about to say the same thing. "The General," if you want some friendly advice, don't upgrade your graphics card. You won't get much of an improvement with your current processor speed. You will bottleneck the new graphics card if you buy it. And you'll probably get system crashes with that 90WATT power supply if you upgrade. If you want some improvement, buy at least a 600 dollar computer. Like this one: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Mega_Special_III/

Of course, it's your choice. Upgrade if you want.

5. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    That pretty much sums it up.

Anyways only a few more days until the new Physx driver :)
    I will have my card Aug 6th lol

6. Arjan0597

Arjan0597 Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI 9600GT 800/2000/2300
    Are joking? :banana:

U rly should not buy a new grpx card, cuz it will increase your preformance by 1% or so , a bit of a shame and waste of money.

Beter save up some money to get a decent computer :nerd::nerd:

7. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    i cant imagine how slow your computer is lol...

You processor uses around 35 watts alone...
    MB around 25

there is 55 watts gone with only 2 components

Cd drive..15 watts....1-2 hard drives about 15 watts..ram is about 35 watts...

Thats over 100 watts with just the things above...i doubt it could handle a 8400gs

Your power supply would be working overtime dude...efficiency is probably down to 40% or something really low.

8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080

Some of your numbers are off. His processor only uses 21w, his memory (im guessing 1 512 stick) is only 15w if two 24w.

Regardless I'm guessing the guy knows that there are much faster computers out there. Some people don't need a super duper computer to fit their needs. He gets ~20 fps in cod4 and if that makes him happy he probably isn't too big on gaming. I have a 733mhz dell machine with 512 ram and a Geforce4200 that runs windows xp as fast as my current setup, takes a little long to boot into windows, but applications load and most games run decently.

9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    To late for me, ive had me fill of the ***** not doing drivers, so having to download the leaked GT200 sets that have been modified to work on my card, so its back on ATi now for me and proper driver support, up yours Nvidia, you can keep your 2 - 3 drivers a year. :biggun:

10. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    His numbers are way off lol. I have 2 sticks of Ram btw. Total is 512MB, but it says 510MB, shared ram i guess. I have a 256MB stick by gateway and a 256MB stick from dell.

Well yes of course. I am buying a new secondary computer soon, a more powerful one. But this computer which i am using right now has been working since 2000 and using XP home edition it works fast without any issues. So it will be silly for me to just throw it away as some folks say i should do. And believe this or not, i actually enjoy using PCI cards for gaming. They get the job done with my games, so its all good with me.

Yea using these wonderful 175.31 beta drivers i am getting between 15-25 which is playable. Would it be nice to max every game out? Sure, but i am not rush to see it, i will enjoy that part when i buy my new computer. I am big on gaming, i have over 400 PC games, thing is, i don't really care about maxing games out or seeing all the eye candy, i am not obsessed with graphics. I really don't care about getting 60fps in games. I know some folks who complain about getting 40-45 fps in Crysis. And i am like WTF? Thats awesome for that sort of game, so whats the problem?

Anyways, i already answer the dude question clear enough. I have this same discussion on other forums, none of us agree, so you know, let me enjoy my stuff and everyone else enjoy their stuff.

:banana:

On a last note: I plan to post my review of the 8400GS once i get it, so i will post the review on this board also

11. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Nvidia, you can keep your 2 - 3 drivers a year??

lol

its the opposite dude....

ATI have 2 drivers a year

nvidia have 2 drivers a week :)

"His numbers are way off lol."

No they are not....they are pretty accurate, mabye off by about 15 watts or so...

15-25 is not playable in cod 4...Any other person who trys to play cod4 at that fps would stop playing 10 seconds in.

I know its your opinion....but when you get your new computer, you will understand why im saying this...you will say to yourself...Why was i playing cod4 at 15 fps lol..

12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yes 2 - 3 a year.

From Nvidia so far :-

175.16 WHQL released May 13th.

175.19 WHQL released June 23rd

Coming up :-

(Numbering unknown) WHQL August 5th - which is the last one of this year.

Looks like 3x to me for this year that. :)

ATi so far :-

8.1 WHQL Jan.

8.2 WHQL Feb.

8.3 WHQL March.

8.4 WHQL April.

8.5 WHQL May.

8.6 WHQL June.

8.7 WHQL July.

Coming up :-

8.8 WHQL August.

8.9 WHQL Sept.

8.10 WHQL Oct.

8.11 WHQL Nov.

8.12 WHQL Dec.

That doesn't look like 2x to me, you must have miscounted.

Nvidia have nothing to do with Chinese websites leaking and modding their drivers to work on other cards.

If Nvidia were releasing all these drivers, then they would be up on their own ******* site, and you wouldn't have to mod them to get them to work on your card either.:D

Nvidia users get their drivers from here, Xfastest, laptopVideo2go etc..., not Nvidia (who should be doing the *****), and those sites also supply them pre-modded so they'll work on their cards, but if they not modded, then they have to do them themselves.

Thats all i done for my drivers when i was on Nvidia.

13. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    lol were do xfastest , laptop get them from then??

Eventually the Source ends up at Nvidia..

So saying the betas dont count is irrelevant

14. Arjan0597

Arjan0597 Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI 9600GT 800/2000/2300
    Who wanna use catalyst anyway .. rofl :+

15. Phyxion

Phyxion Banned

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1G VT
    Yes, they are irrelevant. On production machines you don't want non-WHQL installed. So basically NVIDIA only managed to release 2 WHQL's this year which is a real shame.

16. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    production machines??

Dude your on Guru3d....

3d being the main part..

WHQL means nothing.

17. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

lol sorry, too much enthusiam :D great news.

18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Laptop get them from Xfastest, these guys get them from Xfastest, as Xfastest is where they appear first.

They don't coun't, they are leaked and modded to work on other cards, thats got nothing to do with Nvidia.

If i was say in ATi's beta team, and everytime they sent me a beta driver to test (or whatever) i started posting them up here, there and everywhere, would you class that as ATi releasing drivers to, as i wouldn't, as it wouldn't be them, it would be me wouldn't it.:)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  19. Thorgal

Thorgal New Member

GPU:
    GW Geforce 9600GT 1024 OC
    @Rich_Guy
    It's really no big deal to just support one single OS with a lot useless drivers each year. Just show me those Radeon drivers for Solaris, MacOSX, FreeBDS, or any other UNIX based OS certified by ATI. Or just show me Linux i386/x64 drivers for your beloved 4xxx ! ;)

It's not like Windows is the only OS out there...

20. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    they have had dialy driver release once to i believe ;>