NVIDIA to announce something BIG in September

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by NeoElNino, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Smellybumlove

Smellybumlove Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD4830x2 crossfire

wow you got it the wrong way round buddy, the ati shaders are not comparable to the geforce as they work very differently.
    as far as i can tell nvidia uses alot more hardware than ati does!.

good luck in iraq and be safe, i lost 2 friends there, sad story as they were twins, both lance corporals, one brother got fatally wounded so the other brother got pulled to be with him, on the trip back to the camp they came under heavy fire and both died.

stay safe and sharp.

2. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Nvidia promised me SLI would work with Multiple monitors when SLI was first introduced, and we still haven't got it.

FFS, I just want to run dual screens and have SLI permanently enabled.

That's the only thing I'm interested in, everything else is completely useless.

3. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    The dual screen support is what I'm waiting for too, I really hope it happens soon.

4. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    I run a single 8800GTS so EVERYTHING that is being talked about here is of no intrest at all.

I don't care about SLI and what it does or doesn't support
    CUDA and Physx are still supported by what... about 2 games in the whole world, so big nothing there.

If this is such a big thing that's coming then surely it is gonna be something that appeals to a wider number of it's user base?

5. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    OHH HELL YEAH!!! I've been waiting on this for years! Stupid they can't get this to work!

Cause the day it does I'll go back to SLI again...till then no thanks too much trouble.

6. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Is it true it has always worked for Quadro cards?

7. MileHighMilitia

MileHighMilitia Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS HD4850 + TT DuOrb 700/1135
    and an apple has 85% less skin then an orange...

8. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    ROFL!

Aww man, you are my hero for the day.

9. Death_Lord

Death_Lord Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 GTX 8GB
    Damn I hope Than that performance unlock is true, I Still remember the day when i installed a Quadro Softmod with Rivatuner in my Old 5600 xt and Windows installed the Drivers it had for The Quadro Graphic card, It Performed 100% faster in Doom3 from 20 FPS to 60 without any change, I was amazed by the Performance gain and then When I intalled Proper Drivers for Quadro, it f***** up the Performance gain i had. i had ben never able to Find those "Magic" Drivers Again that Windows Installed at first time. :(

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  10. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Probably not with the current chipset I would think

What nvidia announces ? something CUDA related probably, but mind you I have my dreams;

*GDDR6
    *quad with single cards
    *4GB of GDDR
    *''AA'' chip (dedicated to proccessing anti-aliasing obviously)
    *they are dropping s-video (sorry I never used it and found it uber useless)
    *they are starting making video games (nvidia as dev)
    *last but not least, GTX 280+ GX2 ( 55nm, gddr5, 2 chips one PCB, 1000 $)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008

11. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    I heard a long time ago Nvidia were doing the dual screen sli support because of the 9800gx2, I don't see any reason why it won't work on current chipsets as it seems like it's a driver limitation rather than a hardware limitation.

12. Little

Little Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070S 2.1/15.8

WOW... people get so offended when people tell the truth. maybe a vision test is also a needed step in understanding

13. AION

AION Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3D HD3850 OC
    Sorry but for your first post, really whatta **** man?
    nVidia uses 1.4 times the transistor count and like 1.5 times the money for GTX280 vs. HD4870. And the speed margin is not even near 1.5 time. And after all Ati has more Features (DX10.1, HDMI audio on board).

So gimme even one proof for your statement man.

14. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    increased ammount of transiters = faster processor with same architechture

If it's not the same architecture then forget about it, it won't run at the same speed either way

Oh and btw, ditch the dx10.1 argument, that's worth even less then physX which already isnt much (very few big games), I'd be surprised if there was even 1 game that was native 10.1

15. Little

Little Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070S 2.1/15.8

looks like i really struck a nerve with a major fanboy. no one said anything about money but another thing is, if you want the best you gotta pay the price. the proof is in the benchmarks. bump Nvidias shaders up to 800 and the memory to 3.6 and watch AMD crumble like the used burnt up company they are

16. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    i know what your trying to say little but you also have some facts wrong.

You cant compare 800 shaders to 240 shaders

Nvidia And ATI calculate the total shaders differently.

17. MileHighMilitia

MileHighMilitia Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS HD4850 + TT DuOrb 700/1135
    Then bump ati's shaders clock up to 1296 and shadersize to the same as Nvidia and the bit bus to 512 then there wouldnt be much to talk about... like i tried to say earlier oh so subtly, You are comparing "apples to oranges" man.

The fact that Nvidia has a whole 1.4billion transistors and ATi has 965 million while Nvidia still has less shaders should throw you off from your statements.

Now dont yell "Fanboy!" im simply trying to give you some facts aside from pure numbers

18. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Master Guru

GPU:
    Intergrated (for now)
    Didn't Blizzard just annouce that they were working on implementing DX10.1 into a few of their upcomming games?

It may be small now, but thats because nVidia have had the market for so long (i'm not pointing fingers, but look what happened to Assassins Creed), now that ATI can claw back a significant share of the cake (which no one deny is only good for everybody) DX10.1 will start to be adopted more.

And can we please get over the fact that ATI have got the wind up Nvidia guys? Theres no denying or escaping it, even after the massive price cuts (which again you have ATI to thank for) the red cards are still massively competitive and impressive.

19. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    nVidia preping something big? Don't they always make that statement? Like the big PRICE of their initial release of the GTX280 and it's huge chip die size?

All this is doing is instigating mislead hype... IMHO, wait till products are actually released and make a conclusion based upon the performance and quality of such builds rather then listening to what they 'announce'.

20. micketh

micketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 8GB
    Reading some of the recent posts and threads (not just on this forum), I cant help but wonder why are people so quick to argue in favour of one company compared to another? Arguing about the what ifs such as what if Nvidia had 800 shaders? and what if ATI have 1300mhz shaders is stupidity, if nVidia had 800 shaders there is no way on this earth they would be able to run them at 1.3ghz, in that same way that ATi's hardware cannot run at 1.3ghz.

The fact that a new graphics card/processor/face cream release sends everybody off in a flat spin. It's asif to say that new technology touches an over sensitive nerve and it makes me want to :bang:.

If you want the very best then there is no two ways about it you have to go with a GTX280. The GT200 GPU is far more powerful than the RV770 and thats end of story. However the vast majority of people would like more affordable options. This is why the 48xx and 8xxx and 9xxx series cards come into the equation. There are plenty of suitable options at all price ranges why cant people accept that. As it currently stands nVidias dick is much bigger than ATi's, they are trying to show that when it comes to the muscle they are the big daddys. However ATi know they dont need the single fastest card on the market. They want good performance at reasonable prices. The two companies have complete different approaches to marketing right now.

Fanboy's aren't even worth arguing with so why do we do it?