Radeon 4870 Driver problems

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by .:WoLf:., Jul 22, 2008.

1. ReDi

ReDi Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire HD4870 CF
    OK, got around the problem by using a USB stick I had lying around that emulates a floppy drive :)

BIOS flash was successful, off to some testing now, I'll report back...

2. ReDi

ReDi Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire HD4870 CF
    First tests are very encouraging!!!

This seems to suggest that at least all the people having random crashes and shutdowns should check whether BIOS is up to date!

3. .:WoLf:.

.:WoLf:. Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD4870
    I flashed BIOS in windows with program you get on CD. You can make a backup and as i know, this motherboard have dual bios too - so it shouldn't be a problem.

4. ReDi

ReDi Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire HD4870 CF
    As you can read above I used the Flash utility. Worked like a charm, and first results are very positive. Thanks .:WoLf:. for finding out and sharing this!

5. .:WoLf:.

.:WoLf:. Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD4870

Well.. i didn't find out anything at all. I just tried few windows versions and all drivers.

Other guys are deserved for that:
    So thanks again.

I hope this will help anyone else.

6. slyven

slyven Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4870
    Not to promote necromancy, but did the BIOS update solve teh problem? Cause the last day for a direct replacement from the retail store I got it from is tomorrow and I would still have to pay a 15% restocking fee.

7. ReDi

ReDi Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire HD4870 CF
    The BIOS update was THE solution to my PC's instability problems. I've been getting rock-solid performance since then, not a single lock-up or BSOD :banana: