BMW M3 crashed into house

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by WildStyle, Jul 23, 2008.

1. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    http://www.motoraddicts.com/experts/blog/bmwm3crashedintohouse89337

[​IMG]

Thoughts?

I'll write my views and then keep out of it. Or try at least.

I think it completely depends on the attitude and skill level of the driver really.

Any car can be driven stupidly, and equally, any age driver can drive stupidly.

I'm interested in seeing how many anti-young driver comments there are.

2. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I think a tesla coil connected to the balls of young drivers would be the way to go. Every time they decide to drive like idiots, they get stunned. Probably the only way they'll stop being such enormous selfish morons. Young male drivers are on top of each and every accident statistic over here, so I definitely think something should be done about it, one way or another...

It's very typical of young drivers to think they're very skilled. Else they wouldn't be driving like many of them are...

3. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Just don't be a stupid driver.

4. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    mopeds only for males under 25.
    funny thing when i see pictures of cars where they are not supposed to be i always start singing the dukes of hazzard theme.

5. MountainLynx

MountainLynx Guest

GPU:
    RX 570 8GB
    I think some supplemental driver training in things like collision avoidance, above and beyond the typical defensive driving and high school driver's education, should be almost mandatory for vehicles over a certain BHP (though not sure what the line should be though), with several years of a clean driving record being an alternative (something that a 19-year-old would not have had the time to acquire). Would be VERY difficult to enforce, though.

6. pyo2004

pyo2004 Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Radeon 4870 X2
    this is one time i wish evolution is correct... apparently it takes more time to purify the gene pool.

7. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    lol +1

8. darknight909

darknight909 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    i always thought people should have a horsepower limit stamped on their drivers license.

that way if you want to drive a m3 per say you have to take a harder drivers test

9. SolidBladez

SolidBladez Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    The passenger's description was epic fail. Loved it!

Though, looking at your house makes me a little sad. I hope that you get everything settled afterwords.

10. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Imo, a horsepower limit probably won't do much. Even with a (55 HP) Fiesta you can pull off pretty scary stunts. ;)

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    its a fact here in holland, that older person above 75 cause more accidents then people below 30 years of age.

12. bigpipe

bigpipe Watson Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 1080
    I doubt the boy bought that car for himself. Mom and dad did. Mom and dad have more dollars than cents:)(sense).
    Nobody needs a 400 HP car but a young driver is almost always going to see what it can do then find out the hard way it can easily out perform him.
    You don't have to be a teenie with a 400 hp to drive a car into a house but no doubt the 400 HP helps, thats usually reserved for drunk drivers ect.

Anyway, when I was that age I did all my fast driving or racing out in the country where no one but me and my car and maybe a tree or cow could get hurt.
    The kid is a dumbass, hopefully he and mom and dad will learn.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  13. Merton

Merton Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX760 TF 2GD5/OC
    Seriously, I never understood why people do idiotic things with cars.

Going insanely over the speed limit and racing is just stupid. I mean, maybe I am "boring", but going 100mph just doesn't get me off. Is it exciting? yeah, I guess, but so are many more non-potential life threatening things.

About a month ago, a kid my friend when to high school with was killed in his car while drag racing down one of the main streets here. This kid NEVER owned a stick shift before, however, he decided to buy a mustang and get it standard. He was "drag racing" with his girlfriend in the car, lost control, and hit a light pole. The police said his car was literally spit into two. Both of them died.

I don't get why people need to do this on the street. Why can't they just go to a raceway where I am sure it is much safer?

I really do not mean to judge other people's activities, but when you put other people's lives in danger, to me it is just plain stupid.

14. malky

malky Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  15. Merton

Merton Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX760 TF 2GD5/OC
    Some of the pictures on the "weird crashes" section of that website are hilarious.

I would hate to be the owner of this truck...

[​IMG]

16. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    What the hell is it with epopel running into houses?
    I see at least one case a week where some dumbass ran into a ****ing house.

17. TroM

TroM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 OC
    Awh, sadly this is a guy and not a woman.

Way to make our gender look bad dude.

Women are still horrible drivers though

18. PuddingWagon

PuddingWagon Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    There just need to be real driving tests, to replace the current ones, not just for a certain engine power. The test to get your licence is stupid, 'drive here, turn around, yay here you go'.
    That said though there is no way a 19 year old should be able to have his own M3. Parents buy a car? Yeah sure, no problem with that. How about you put (at least) half the cost of that car towards the kid's first house rather than an overpowered car?

19. DrSiN

DrSiN Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    In my experience women are excellent drivers but terrible at parking or performing any inordinary manoeuvre.

I don't think there is any reasonable way you could stop young blokes doing this kind of thing. "boys will be boys" as they say.

20. eat@joes

eat@joes Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD 6850
    Why did a 19 year old kid have an M3? If I could hit 75 in my first car I was cruisin. If I could hit 75 in my car now I'm cruisin. Inevitably they will get another nice car to replace the one and end up spreading their chromosomes into this world.

Some people just need to be taken out back and beaten with clubs.