[XF]nVIDIA ForceWare 177.66

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by me3850, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Mersonix

Mersonix Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 550m
    Someone may. ATI drivers are typically released in the teen days of the month. Is there a pattern or anything like that for Nvidia drivers. Are these the next official drivers to be published?

Thanks,

2. elrazor

elrazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AorusMaster 3080
    no.. who knows? who cares? its randomly dates of release... when CUDA Technology will be finished..:bang:

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    No, could be 6+ months before Nvidia decide to up another driver set, and no one knows what numbering they will have.

This is how it is for Nvidia cards, when someone finds a set leaked on some random Chinese website, they get modded to work on our cards (as they only support certain ones, like their latest cards, which are now GTX 280/60's) and then we get notified in here.

If you want drivers, then you look on here to see if some have been leaked, not Nvidia.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
  4. Mersonix

Mersonix Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 550m

5. oozish

oozish Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX2 280 SC
    LOL!! :wanker:

6. BoudahXL

BoudahXL Member

GPU:
    GTX295 BFG
  7. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    So far the IQ on this set its amazing on vista x64 and xp x32 , the only thing that worries me its that i cannot get my overclocks that i used to run stable before on other sets of drivers :( , it has limits my cards overclocks.

8. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I been using these drivers for a while now, and there working great. They working better then the last drivers I used which i cant even remember the ver of .

9. Sieras

Sieras Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    Same here, been running them from the moment they leaked and so far they're great, no problems found + installed games are listed correctly in CP and IQ is great. Best driver so far.

10. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Just got a Copy of Medal Of honour Airbourne Assualt. Now that have these drivers do I need to install the ageia physx version 7.07.09 software that came with the game?

11. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    No, the best thing to do is to install NVIDIA PhysX 8.06.12.

LINK: http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_8.06.12_whql.html

12. manovagal

manovagal Member

GPU:
    Powercolor HD7850 OC 2GB
    for example Crysis, Gears of wars, lost planet... none uses PhysX 8.06.12?

13. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    none of those do.

14. -ToasT-

-ToasT- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670
    Installed today, seems great thus far. IQ seems about the same. Then again, I was playing CS:S and Portal.

15. linyanti

linyanti Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1080 GTX Founders C
    Benchmarks are lame but ...

Benchmarks are lame but they are quick and easy.

these drivers really let me push my overclocking of the gpu's with Precision Tune.

My 3D Vantage score is just above 10,000 now. Before it was 9,950. Sometimes it gets up to 10,200. That initial scene with Jane is almost like watching a video. She does have some creepy white light leaking out of her eyes. And what is with those lame stunt planes in the cpu test?

The games were already maxed out setting wise but the IQ is definitely better.

These drivers are great for Vista SP1 8800 GTS in sli.

16. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    but, even when none of those games are not enhanced by PhysX, they should not be hindered by it either. right? so, I guess that it wouldn't hurt to have PhysX installed until more games are supported.

17. x8diesel

x8diesel Member

GPU:
    PointOfView 6800Ultra 256MB 460/1210Mhz
    I think that gears of war do.. go to www.nzone.com and check out the games that support it.

18. FrenchKiss

FrenchKiss Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX 4090 XLR8
    Those are games supposed to be supported in the FUTURE. PhysX support in actual drivers is in BETA state. It was a press release as a technological demonstration. It's like: "hey look at this, it will kick a** soon". They still have work to do... wait and see :)

19. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    i was very skeptical lol:pc1: about this driver (had some probs with xfastest a while ago), i went from 175.16 to 177.41 had a bsod (never before) in cod4 and than later in stalker, i returned to 175.19 noticed strange stutter in ut3 and cod4:3eyes: again returned back to 175.16 lol, all seemed fine but i missed the boost of 177 series, so i finally tried these and i must say all games run superb lol :D, ut3 and cod4 runs smooth, fear too, q4 also,.. keepers for now. :)

20. _cTn_

_cTn_ Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 980TI
    nice to hear that :)