Please say a prayer for my daughter

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by TyrantofJustice, Jul 17, 2008.

1. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    For all of you that have seen all my issues in life in my old posts,well life just got worse.

my oldest daughter who resides with her mother and fiancee in N.Y

is not doing to good

for starters

when she was born she was having petite mall seizures,which had seemed to have gone away

i found out last month that ,when she zones out and semms like she is tuning you out that she is really still having seizures.

to make it worse she has a learning disability and a behavioral issue

the doctors last monday sent her for a M.R.I

today i9 find out that she has a brain tumor

a small one,1.5 centimeters by 1.1 centimeters

they do not know if it is cancerous or not

but they do know it is not related to the seizures

they are going to review an M.R.I she had when she was a baby to see if they missed it and this way they can gauge the growth rate,if they find it was always there they will leave it for now as it has grown so little in 8 years

she is scheduled to see a brain surgeon on my birthday aug 5th

from there i will know all the options her mother and i have

her mother decided not to tell her she is sick and has a tumor as she is a very timid child.

i feel at a great loss since i cannot afford to fly home to N.Y and see her

and i feel very guilty that it was her mothers fiancee that was in the room with her for the m.R.I and not me

but i called and thanked him for being there for her

i have never been more terrified in my life and never thought this could happen to one of my children.

so please say a prayer or have a positive thought for her.

thanks all

and i wish you all the best

2. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Don't worry, she's gonna be fine, you have some of the best doctors out there in the states who'll take good care of her. She will be in my prayers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2008
  3. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Ill say a prayer for your daughter. Have faith and be strong.
    May God bless you and your daughter.

4. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    Picked a good day to do the surgery because as a present for your birthday you'll receive your daughter up and well free of that brain tumor and she'll be up and kicking yer butt in no time you'll see. ;)

as long as the tumor is small there shouldn't really be a problem but keep in mind that any surgery is a risk even the simplest ones like removing your wisdom tooth (facial paralysis is not unheard off and we're talking of just a tooth here).

good luck and i'm sure the 5th of august will be reason to celebrate and not to cry, i'd like to tell you for certain that all will be fine but i'd be lying to you, your nerves and patience will be tested but i do hope all goes well. :)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008

5. clintonius

clintonius Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GT 512
    I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll be thinking of you and your daughter. Thanks for sharing -- we're an unruly bunch here, but we certainly rally around those of us who need support. I hope all turns out well for your daughter and the rest of the family.

6. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    wow thanks guys

i appreciate all you have said

we always had a good lot of ppl here

7. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    I will ask the Lord to keep her safe. I have kids and I would be a mess to have something happen to them. I will keep her in my prayers. May God bless you and all you hold dear.

8. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    lighten up mate and be positive, we're not living in the middle ages anymore doctors today can drill a hole in yer skull and have you play Crysis lol nothing to fear besides the tumor is very small which is awesome news, remember your courage is her strengh.

on the other hand.. this support we're giving you won't come cheap i tell you, once she's out of the hospital and cured you'll have to give us the beer or we'll come! :D

[​IMG]

9. Dupoint

Dupoint Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 X2 2GB
    Illness befalls the best of us, and sometimes it's as much a matter of determination and faith as it is seeking treatment.

Your daughter has the luck and good fortune of having caring parents and the necessary medical facilities to diagnose/treat her condition. You should be thankful for that; have faith in God, and trust in her recovery.

May God bless your family and cure your daughter of her ailment.

10. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    Well I don't believe in the man upstairs, but that ain't gonna stop me from sending you and your daughter some good thoughts :)

Having 2 kids myself (3½ years and 3 months) I can only imagine what your going through m8 - sorry to hear, but hang in there. We have a saying here i Denmark - There's nothing so bad, that it isn't good for something. Maybe this will get you a somewhat stronger bond to your daughter or even take you closer to her, who knows but the main thing here is to stay positive - don't let her see you doubt or in a weak moment... she needs all her strength and positive mind on this one.

Hope it all turns out for the best.
    Positive thoughts from Denmark :)

11. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    Just want to wish your daughter luck, and you wisdom to guide her, I hope the same for her guardians if she's not with you currently.

I would pray that if you can't be there for her during that surgery or at any point in time, that God should be her comforter or even a father to her.

12. keenan

keenan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti Hydro Copper
    It a shame that this life has so many bad turns where we feel so powerless and terrified. Even worse when the fate of a young child is at stake, I am not a father yet, but I can only imagine you're pain and how broken and helpless you must feel. Just dont loose hope. Trust in God and be strong.

We'll remember you in our prayers!

13. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    Aw, that's bad luck. Hope all will go well.

14. bLinkZor

bLinkZor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW SLI
    Hey man, I will pray for your daughter. I know how it feels; for some one you love so much in a terrible health situation. Just try and think positive and just keep your head up. As for Year said, lucky we have doctors today that can do that kind of stuff you just got to have faith in them doing it.

15. MOFO64

MOFO64 Banned

GPU:
    9800GTX+ & 8800GT softTH
    I can't say a prayer for your daughter since I don't believe in a god, and the the power of prayer has been proven to work as many miracles as crossing your fingers and wishing to the marsh-mallow fairy that lives in your sock.........take amputees for example.......no miracles from god.

I will however extend my sympathy to you and your daughter at this very anxious time.

I myself have three daughters (12,10,3) and can appreciate fully what you are going through.

My best advice to you is to keep a positive attitude and simply hope for the best. You're daughter is stronger than you know and will bounce back from this episode in no time........mark my words :)

16. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    I hope she gets well soon. The Dr's will have a plan to get it sorted. Try to remain positive for yourself and your daughter.

17. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    yes, i'd like also to remind Crazyace that most unfortunate complications happend because the health of the patient was already in a bad state and with advanced age the risks increase but that's certainly not the case with your daughter.

My dad who was a very healthy man 73 years old man who quit smoking 20 years earlier one day developed the common flu so we thought nothing about it and he seemed perfectly fine bit of a runny nose but 48 hours later shortly after going to bed he woke up and told my mom that his chest was hurting and looked quite sick, on the way to the hospital he fainted in the car and died shortly after in the hospital there was nothing they could do, cause of death? a heart attack. we were all in shock i mean WTF? what's the relation between a heart attack and the flu?

well, according to the doctors his heart was already weak and the flu simply weakened the body just enough to precipitate the infarction, i assure you this kind of death is the worst because you're caught by surprise yet still i'm here alive and kicking life goes on despite the long days of sadness that we lived through.

so have courage and faith because none of your worries are going to change the events that are about to follow no matter if they're good or bad, if you believe in God then you should remember that what God said was to have faith and it's not enough to just pray you need to act, so clear your mind in order to think clearly and to take the right decisions because when you're anxious mistakes will be done unintentionally.

i wish you all the best and good luck with your daughter. :)

18. KevKiev

KevKiev Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6970
    It's a very good thing they've found the tumor in time for surgery. My dad passed away because, by the time the doctors looked (thanks Canadian waiting list), it was too late for that - it had spread too much.

My bday's on Aug.5 as well, I'll be sure to send out some good vibes for your daughter on that day.

19. vtt3017

vtt3017 Member

GPU:
    Intel/945GM/2gb
  20. Merton

Merton Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX760 TF 2GD5/OC
    I am so sorry to hear this mate. Best wishes for your daughter and your family. You will be in my thoughts.