[XF]nVIDIA ForceWare 177.66

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by me3850, Jul 13, 2008.

1. DooGie

DooGie Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Just trying these out after using 177.35 for a while.
    fps seem slightly better than 177.35 and IQ seems about the same.
    The only problem I'm having is profiles. They all show up ok unless I select "Show only programs found on this computer", if I do this then no games are found then if I try to add one manually the control panel crashes.
    Can anyone else replicate this?

2. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    Did you run driver sweeper?

This issue was fixed for me with this release.

Remove drivers , reboot in safe mode run sweeper, rienstall driver and reboot. Thats what i do.

3. HamidFULL

HamidFULL Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 700/2200
    Please clear things for me!

1) how to enable Physx on my G80 with Vista X64 SP1?

2) how to test enabled physx?

3) This driver have official support for G80 or its moded inf?

Thanks so much!

4. DooGie

DooGie Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    That's the way I always do it :)

I actually run Driver Cleaner .NET followed by Driver Sweeper as it picks up a couple of other entries.
    Before you ask why not just run Driver Sweeper? There are a few things not picked up by Driver Sweeper that Driver Cleaner does find.

5. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    1. not
    2. N\A, see 1.
    3. It is supported (read post numero uno next time ;)).

6. scottsmi

scottsmi Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY XLR8 GeForce 8800 GTX 768 MB

Nvidia hasn't released a driver yet with PhysX support for G80 cards. But from all I've read, the folks who can enable PhysX GPU support now are basically only able to run UT3 and Vantage with PhysX support, so it's not like we're missing out on much at this point. It'll be a different story when drivers are released that not only enable PhysX GPU support, but also allow for HW acceleration of all PhysX-enabled games, such as GRAW/GRAW 2, Bet On Soldier, Cellfactor, City of Heroes/Villains, etc.

7. arcon

arcon Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 465 & 8800 GT
    everything fine (games), 11 PPD more @ F@H :banana:

8. 90Ozkr

90Ozkr Active Member

GPU:
    9600gt OC 765/1928/1136
    Well i installed these and they upped my FPS in Crysis, both minimum and maximum for like... 5 or so FPS, BUT the only downside of these is that my previous overclock (the one in my profile) is no longer posible.
    Now the most i can overclock the card is 728/1805/1138 completly stable, but if i try to push the core clock to say... 735 i get a lot of artifacts, and 740 = BSOD.
    I tried lowering the memory and shaders clock but its a nono D:

Upgraded from 175.95 (yes, not a typo). Not too widley distributed but worked great on my system.

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem? lousy OC capabilities?

my card, is factory OC'd
    675/1674/900 (costed me the same as one without the OC so... I WAS LIKE GO FOR IT :nerd:

9. Baldassano

Baldassano Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI 1080ti SHWK
    I dunno if its relevant, but I have the ageia control panel icon with my 8800 Ultras, and im able to run the demos and everything just fine..

I also have an Ageia Phys-X card in my older gaming rig, what would happen if i put it in the new rig? Woudl the drivers work with it? (tho why i need it is a question..)

10. Mersonix

Mersonix Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 550m
    It works fine, but why is my FPS in PhysX in UT3 so bad. Normal FPS went up by 20 and when running PhysX i'm getting between 8 and 30 fps.

Normal 40-80

PhysX 8-20

11. Matas

Matas Member Guru

GPU:
    Club3D 6950 2GB@990/6300
    Experiences on XP 32bit? Lost resolutions, etc?

12. DooGie

DooGie Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    No everything looking ok here And running smooth. Just the profile prob I mentioned earlier on.

Well worth a try and my temp dropped by 2ÂșC.

Keepers for me, running XP SP3 32bit.

13. metaxaos

metaxaos New Member

GPU:
    Albatron 8800GTX 768mb
    Hmm, it seems IQ has been lowered in subj. Different shader effects in DevilMayCry4 now looks noticeably more pixeleted. Look at thin objects like chains or cables, they covered now with series of dots instead of smooth looking surface in 177.41
    Could it be the source of FPS raise? Cheats again?

14. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    I used Cyberbeing's custom 8800GTX .inf that was posted in the 177.41 thread; all resolutions are working.

I replaced the original .inf before installing, so I do not know if all the resolutions would have worked or not.

15. Baldassano

Baldassano Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI 1080ti SHWK
    Just an FYI - I was wrong on the physX being active before , i didnt notice the demo was running in software mode. Apologies..

Tho im still debating wether to use these or not, i seem stable with the 175.16's.

16. assclown20

assclown20 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 3GB
    These drivers give me the wierd shadow bug in AoC also back to 177.31 for me.

17. Chuck_IV

Chuck_IV Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX280 SCC

Yea very strange things in AOC with Shader 3.0. At one point, it looked like all my guildmates standing next to me, had 2x4's sticking out of their heads. VERY WEIRD. Changing to 2.x shader model corrected it.

Looks like they still don't have 3.0 shader support straight yet. Back to 177.41

18. Baldassano

Baldassano Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI 1080ti SHWK
    Just an FYI - The Vista x32 download on Mirror 1 isnt right, its only 19 meg.. I just tried reporting it but i dunno if it went thru. Mirror 2 looks correct 50 meg. (49 reported).

19. Wendig0

Wendig0 Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor PCS+ AXR9 290X
    Glad I'm not the only one. I'm going to revert back to 177.41 or 177.40 and see if the problem persists. I thought it was first because I overclocked my card too much but then I went back to stock clocks but it was still there.

I never really liked videocard overclocking. I like overclocking cpu's far much better but for most people it's the other way around. If its the drivers then im going to go back to my clocks to get that few fps increase lol.

20. ajua

ajua Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD5850 Black Edition
    The first mirror for Vista x86 is for a 19mb which is wrong. Use the second mirror and is ok.

I will try these tomorrow and post my results with GRID, AoE III, Madden 08 and Assassin's Creed.

I'm very weary about IQ but with 177.41 i did noticed a huge improvement by just looking at the games. Hopefully this new set is the same or better IQ because i had to uninstall 177.41 because im suffering some random a/v stuttering in vista or in games.

Probably caused by Intel Matrix Storage drivers. But i'm not sure yet. I also tried new version of Realtek HD Drivers.