Diablo 3 "Renewed artistic direction for Diablo 3"

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by zigihammer, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

GPU:
    -
    Where did it say it would take another two years? I read it began development 4 years ago? Or am I missing something.

Also you make the point that everyone is complaining but then go and add fuel to the fire yourself by taking a side in the argument. :3eyes:

2. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Well I read that Blizzard makes announcement when the game is about to launch in 1 - 1 1/2 years. I expect it in end-2009.

3. The Kyle

The Kyle Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD3870 / Radeon HD
    I think most gaming companies are too proud to stick with an older graphical style, even if it works well and it's what fans want. They want to prove that they don't have to rehash old material and are original in their concepts and on top of that would have a hard time trying to pitch the game with archaic graphics in a world where more pixels = more dollars. With that said, I think Diablo III will be nothing like Diablo II + LoD but at the same time am EXTREMELY excited to see the direction that is does go in and hope that the overall tone of the games stays true to its predecessors.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  4. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080

5. Ralph

Ralph Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX960 FTW 4GB
    All I heard was something about lolita incest hentai comics and crawling through someone's penis to re-enter the womb. But seriously, the graphical appearance of this game may seem a bit cartoony, but I'll be damned if I'll not play this game for that reason, the game play is going to r0xor, end of teh story.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
  6. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Indeed. All the whiners should shut up. Be glad that there will be D3 and no World of Diablo. :) And btw....

[​IMG]

7. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    [​IMG]

Thank you sir! May I have another?

8. Ralph

Ralph Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX960 FTW 4GB
    Hey!! Lol, You shh, I was in support of those with opinions, because seriously, if everyone were like me or you and content just to play the game the game industry would get lazy with no need to please anyone further, these people with negative opinions on the game aren't whining, they're not crying about it, they just have they're just opinionated. I personally really like the darker side of the screenshots in the pictures he tweaked, but at the same time, for me it's Diablo III and I'm damn happy for it to come out even though it may look like a load of rainbow crap, IT'S DIABLO THREE :D.

9. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    The artists in these game studios are jsut that, artists. Would you tell Van Gogh his art sucked half way through and that it needed to be darker? He's the artist, not you.

10. Ralph

Ralph Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX960 FTW 4GB
    I've never really thought about it like that, I'm actually hoping to become a 3D animator in the future and that's definitely an art... I'm not really sure how I would take " Your animation is too much this or it needs more that " but currently, I'm open to such constructive criticism because nothing will ever improve without more want.

11. Whiteraven

Whiteraven Member Guru

GPU:
    (2X) BFG 8800GTS OC 640mb

See these 2 screenshots of EQ.... I guess all games with color must be WoW

/FAIL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    I am still really surprised that people are actually complaining about the game. Be happy that Blizzard even made the game. Also as far as i can tell the Blizzard might end up listen to the fans and make an option in the game menu as to how you want the game would look. (meaning the way they displayed it in their Gameplay video or a little more darker). It would not be the 1st game i've seen to have such an option.

13. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    I'll be playing it either way. I'm going to sequester myself for a few days in my basement office with a mini-fridge, microwave, case of Alaskan IPA, and hopefully some Matanuska Thunderf*ck. :)

14. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I really think you should start to back off of people. It was their opinion and mine that the darker images suited the game better. Thats all it is too...opinion. Also stop trying to make excuses about color. Its not just about that, if the guy doesnt like reused WoW textures then he can say so. The games DO look identical, just one is from the Diablo universe and one from warcraft. It really does look like a tweaked WoW engine.

So what? If someone doesnt like that fact then they dont like it. Apparently you do so isnt that all that matters?

There is no need for you to get so defensive. Chill out....we get it already that you like the before images.

It's not saying the game IS WoW...but it uses aspects from it.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  15. Whiteraven

Whiteraven Member Guru

GPU:
    Take it easy whiner, I am sure that 0.00000001% of the game you have seen must be what the WHOLE game looks like :p

Spoiled Kids...

16. Undercova

Undercova Guest

GPU:
    660GTX Windforce
    That's getting bit offensive right there, calling people whiners and spoiled kids when they just say their opinion.

17. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    I'm sure the 99.99999999% that we haven't seen is completely different from what Blizzard decided to use as a showcase of the game...

If you cannot post without insulting somebody I suggest you don't post. Personal insults against fellow gurus are not well tolerated.

18. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Whiteraven, you should really take it a little bit easier. Everybody is allowed to have his/her own opinion. Insulting is not part of it and not tolerated. I've watched this thread the whole time and you seem to be constantly going into that direction. If you have an opinion, fine. Post it and explain it, but don't call people whiners and spoiled kids.

Consider this as a friendly warning.

19. Whiteraven

Whiteraven Member Guru

GPU:
    Im not insulting anyone really, it is whining and thats all it is.

Dont warn me for doing nothing thankyou. :bang:

20. Arjan0597

Arjan0597 Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI 9600GT 800/2000/2300
    /care

Diablo III will be a massive game anyway, whatever kind of graphics they bring, ill buy it :D