DirectX 10 on Windows XP

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by yiatros, Jul 4, 2008.

1. cyberbeing

cyberbeing Guest

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 770 2GB
    Well there is a fix that some Russian site made to make some games work with DX10 in Windows XP. I don't have a DX10 card myself but I've heard from some people that have used it that it does work.

DirectX 10 RC2 Fix3
    Older Releases

2. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    NOOO!!!

Dont start posting LINKS!!!

3. rimmer66

rimmer66 Banned

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 512MB OC
    lol some games will WORK but they will not DX10 features - If anybody claims that the games will run identical to that in VISTA with all effects enabled then they are misleading you - with that same hack you can run those DX10 games on your DX9 card LOL that should be an instant giveaway but people get confused and THINK they are running their games in DX10 ;)

4. Frohman0905

Frohman0905 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX680 2GB OC @ 1202/7000
    Ok the following sentence has to appear as soon as you click on Guru3d forums.

DIRECTX 10 WILL NOT WORK ON WINDOWS XP, IT NEVER HAS AND IT NEVER WILL.

5. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    lool..funny thread in a way..i love this dx10 xp thing.:p

6. Jman944

Jman944 Member

GPU:
    Geforce Titan SLI'd
    dx10 for XP!!!

I downloaded the on from the RUssian site this guy is crazy... IT WORKS!!!!!!!!
    i installed it and it actually helped my video card somehow?! before i ran crysis medium only getting 5-10 fps on my X1950 Pro and now im getting 10-29 frames when i installed dx10 i dont know how or why but for some reason it boosted my frames and if you install dx10 you can go back to there website and has it under your programs and install the DX changer it works to according to DXDIAG with some games under xp dx10 will be recognized as a very low version of dx but ill fill in more of my supllied info dont hate if you know my info is wrong this is just my opinion an and Knowledge Got to go ill comment soon!

7. rimmer66

rimmer66 Banned

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 512MB OC

Not as funny as the new programs out there claiming to save you the expense of buying a DX10 card and running DX10 games on your DX9 card LOL :D

8. rimmer66

rimmer66 Banned

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 512MB OC
    lol - it's probably a wrapper - you're not running with full DX10 effects - you might not notice visually that's because either 1) you are not aware of DX10's specific features 2) games not make FULL use of all of DX10's capabilities, and some people don't notice :D

you are running the GAME in XP but it's not running on native DX10, BUT the hack makes your game think it is - funny isn't it ? :)

9. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    The hacks are just hacks to make the game that it can run. Copying the files of DirectX10 to a WinXP rig doesn't mean that DX10 will be working. It will be just a file sitting there.
    Warning from oracle! "Next one to post about DX10 with XP, his rig will blow up from bad kitty."

10. Slam

Slam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    XP is dead. Let it go...

11. compuguy1088

compuguy1088 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX AMD Radeon 5850
    I woudn't say that.....many people with older machines still use XP. Even though I have Vista x64 on my desktop, I have XP on my laptop for its decreased OS size compared to Vista. This though could be fixed with Vlight (I think..)

12. Shocky-XL

Shocky-XL Member

GPU:
    POV GTX280
    Older rigs? bah, I'm still using XP, dual booting with Vista but I can't stand it, takes ages to load and feels sluggish.

13. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Most serious gamers will continue to use xp where they can until vista fixes all its problems. I dual boot and I'll tell you when I play fear mp on xp x86 in comparison to vista x64 the difference is immense in both performance and stability, my system might not be the latest but it's still reasonable, and I'm using the same drivers on both os, 177.35.

14. rimmer66

rimmer66 Banned

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 512MB OC
    Well I wish they made a DX9 hack for Windows Vista so some DX9 games can run DECENTLY :D

15. The Monkey Frog

The Monkey Frog Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 9600GT 512MB
    u would never of guess but with hours of hacking i got directx 9 working on XP OMG hehe
    directX 10 on XP lol aint going to happen
    and directX 10 on xp on a DirectX 9 Card even makes me lol even more

16. rimmer66

rimmer66 Banned

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 512MB OC
    I hope you're not referring to me because I know that I was pointing it out to him !

BTW it's only a matter of time before the Direct X 10.1 hack comes out, maybe on the next version - 10.1 on your DX10 card LOL!

Honestly, I want an DX11 emulator, I can't imagine spending more money on a graphic card just to play 3 new bloody games until next DX revision comes out :D

17. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    i LOVE xp its not dead but i use dx9 FTW

18. rimmer66

rimmer66 Banned

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 512MB OC
    Is it me or does DX9 SUCK in VISTA, especially on some games, it seems there is frame tearing and sluggish performance in some areas....where the same game runs smooth as silk on XP with the SAME resolutoin and SAME settings (and same driver revision).
    You gotta love the DX9 bottleneck in VISTA. :D

19. Slam

Slam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    Doesn't happen...not for me anyway. Not sure why some have a problem with it. My rig running Vista64 rips through DX9 games...that goes for my old 8800GTS 640mb, 8800GTS 512mb, and now my current card. From the moment I moved over from XP, I never felt the "drop in game performance" that some talk about. Just didn't happen for me. But I tweak Vista...shutdown a lot of services etc.

20. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    I agree, Slam!

I, too, run Vista x64 (SP1), and even without shutting any services down, all my DirectX 9.0 games (quite a few) just run perfectly fine. :D