Metal Gear Solid 4 - got it, what do you think....

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by boodikon, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Ask that to me.

Last night i joined a server which higher rank players were playing. that kicked my a$$ badly. in fact i got used to use with Auto aim..for an example. pistol has much more good AA distance than rifles. then i Auto matched, which u game finds most suitable server for u. same ranked people u know. once in the end of game i was @ first. and after that round my BODY was OLD SNAKE..LOL! i had SOLID EYE, BARREL. and body+face camouflage. they cant see u man. wtf.lol. i am bad @ CQC but with that OLD SNAKE BODY i managed to use some CQC techniques. and auto aim was best when u r in close range. anyway. my ping is not good, i know it and this is a problem :\

and i repeat here gain. if u live in europe my PSN is : Mr_Bigtime

EDIT: and Wanny. thank u so much for ur great input man :)

2. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    OK.... I've been stuck on Laughing Octopus on Extreme mode BUT I have to kill BOTH forms with non-lethal means to get the Fox (or better) Emblem AND get the figurine doll that she drops.
    I've almost completely stopped playing it because its ****ing impossible. Had her on her last 2 stun bars, she either jumps out of nowhere and ****ing kills me in 1-hit OR I have one health bar left but she bugs me on the wall and I get stuck! OR she does that roll move that kills you in 1-hit and I cannot find a higher place in time!

Can someone clarify that I do NOT need to tranq. her FIRST form to get the 'no-kills' emblems!?

3. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    He makes it shake... pretty lame.

You only need to tranq the girl while she's walking towards you, you can kill them with the rail gun while they are in their robot suits.

4. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    So I can kill the first form with any gun and it won't count as a kill, right?

5. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    It won't count no.

I just use the railgun, easy as hell.

6. willvx

willvx Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX 640/1880
    LOL, did anyone else notice the flashback sequence where after you defeat psycho mantis and she says that she's going to destroy you with her will or something like that and when you hit the x button it shows a 360 controller...I'm guessing their making fun of the RROD problem. Did I imagine this or did they really show that?

7. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    I am pissed as hell! So, here I was completing Act 2. What does it say on the end statistics? I KILLED 6 SOMETHINGS!

WHAT THE ****? The only thing I could of possibly killed was the damn zombies on the APC flee part! Its ****ing impossible to avoid them on Extreme mode!

MGS4 can go fck itself, collect dust in my wardrobe TBH.

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    In fact the best way to make them away from u is PUSHING them. i figured our later and it works better than shooting them. push them even when u hold a weapon. they drop off easily.

9. BamBoozleD

BamBoozleD Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 670 FTW LE Sli
    Yep, arm your self with an assault rifle and you will CQC push em off the APC. CQC is your friend.

10. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Yes, I ALWAYS smacked them in the face and they'd 'bounce' off but I'm talking about the ones that get in the way of the gun.

11. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I thought those 5-6 kills from chapter 2 were from those power suited guys you had to kill.

But yes, i'm pretty pissed off too.

12. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Is it possible to get a save with 100% all items, etc? Because I am def not starting over again.

13. ArcticFox63

ArcticFox63 Member

GPU:
    Palit 9800GT 512mb
    Awesome game im happy with the ending having played MGS1-3 i feel its wrapped everything up nicely, some of the cutscenes i feel were a bit boring but i enjoyed every minute of the 20 hours it took me to finish it.

14. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    Well I just ordered the game... Il see what all the fuss is about :p

£29.99 from shopto.net

I think they are waiting for stock to come in, so hopefully il have it soon!

15. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    If you hang around and just keep knocking zombies down on top of the truck, you can get past that part without having to shoot the geckos, theres some videos on youtube of a guy who did the big boss emblem in 3 hours, if you look for those, you can see how to do it.

16. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Yep done it got the big boss embelem and the stealth + Bandanna without buying them.

I have to admit its alot more fun playing the game when you dont kill anyone as in its more challanging in a fun way not getting any alerts or continues or killing anyone. The biggest piss off was the damm crying wolf battle where i wasted so much damm time since you cant just go all out and empty an entire clip or fire a few nades up her ass.

17. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I can't say it's any more fun playing without kills alerts or continues, it just means alot of exit to menu screen to restart the save, which takes forever.

Also, you can't check in game stats, to see if you've accidentally killed anyone.

18. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
  19. bLinkZor

bLinkZor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW SLI
    Beat the game in big boss mode under 5 hours without getting seen or dieing you get the Patriot gun. Beat the game in big boss extreme under 5 hours without getting seen or dieing you get big bosses face.

The funny thing with big bosses face is when you ware it and walk around any enemy they will drop their guns and basically faint LOL!!!

20. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    ^^haha lol.

I got the game yesterday, and damn its fantastic. Iv never played any previous MGS games, but this is stunning... The gameplay, the graphics, the story..... 10/10 for sure.

I still need to get used to the controls. I know when you press R1, you knock a guy out, but not sure how to grab him yet.